What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

jokerman

Premium user
Morning everybody, hope all are doing well. If you use a tent, what brand are you using? I'm looking at cloudless by ac infinity, and the vivosun both 3'x3'x72". Got to make changes and clean out the shed so I can get in there with my walker. Gonna grab up some lumber snd get a couple beuuies to build me a ramp to my shed. Would love to hear some input on these tents, I see a lot of different ones.
IMHO having started in rooms you can walk in then to a tent is this
Unless you can fit a descent size tent in your space to get in ,fuk deep tents
I have 3x3 ,2x4 and a 20" x 36 i use and not crawling into any tent cause Lord knows I would need to hydraulic boom to pull my ass out of said tent

BrassNwood

Veteran
My company truck was a stick, can't pick my foot up either so gave up my truck but still have a fuel card. The car I was building was going to be 4 speed, but will now be a auto.
Not sure that would even be possible on the truck. I'd need a Y block engine to C6 adaptor and some way to hang a driveshaft parking brake on the tail shaft of the trans. At least the transfer case is a divorced NP 205 so that part would be easy enough.
As well you should be, clearly the doctor doesn't know much about cannabis and made too many assumptions about your usage. Such as you must be buying it off the street hence the "you don't know what they put in it comment".

I had a situation with cannabis and a doctor once. It was when the opioid crisis began and my regular doc stopped prescribing pain meds, forcing me to have to go to pain management. So the first time there everyone has to give a urine sample for a baseline. Mine came up positive for cannabis. Th thing was though that I hadn't smoked any for almost 4 months. I know it can stay in one's system a long time but I've never heard of it taking more then a month (2 maybe for heavy smokers) to clear one's system. The only way I can figure they found anything is if their test was calibrated so low as to be able to pick up minuet traces that most standard urine tests ignore. Anyway because of the cannabis they took me off my pain meds completely and put me on 3 other drugs that did absolutely nothing for my pain. I tried to get my pain meds back by turninging in clean urines for two months but the last time the doctor let me know there was no way he was ever going to give me narcotics and he didn't see why I kept coming back. So I stoppd going.

Now all that was back when I was walking 5 miles a day and the walking caused me to lose 75 lbs, had all my bloodwork numbrs looking great and prevented me from turning a prediabetic reading into a full diabetic. Well without the pain meds I could no longer do my daily 5 mile walk. I put back on 50 of the 75lbs I lost, I became a full blown diabetic needing medicine to keep my blood sugar down, ended up needing to get the first stent put in my heart a year later and I was just generally miserable all day long because of my back pain. Then I started trying to treat my back pain with Kratom which gave me some relief but not enough to do my walks. I got to know the owner of the store where I was gtting my Kratom, turns out he was seeing the same pain management doctor for a clubbed foot condition and lo and behold, for him that same doc was prescribing both narcotics and medical marijuana for his pain. About a year or two in the future from that I tried a new pain management doctor who gave me back the exact same narcotic (hydrocodone) but at a lower dose. Unfortunately by that point my health deteriorated in other ways that I was still unable to get back to walking. Mainly due to me heart condition getting worse. It's my hope that the stent I just got last month will make my heart well enough to rsume my walks but so far it's not looking good. If I'm lucky I might get a mile in before I ned to do walt's son's tongue trick or take nitro tablets because of chest pains. Anyway I can trace pretty much all my health problems I have now, back to the one pain management doctor taking me off my pain meds and refusing to give them back just because I supposedly came up positive for cannabis during that first visit with him. I often wonder how much different my health might be now if the Government hadn't started the opioid crisis that led to everything else.

Hell, even the Veteran's Administration lets me have 15 hydrocodone per month even testing hot for cannabis. I have to request them every time as it's always a onetime script with no refill. I've managed to accumulate a fair number as I really hate the side effect, but they will kill most persistent pain the cannabis doesn't touch.

1st round of the latest physical therapy yesterday was brutal with several new exercises learned that I got to pay for last night. Getting down on my knees several times put the hurt on the knee and hip, but I can do it and not be trapped although climbing back up to my feet still hurts like a sumbitch.

I've reached the target I set when I first got to my feet 7 weeks ago which was to walk with a cane at most by my 69th birthday (this week). I've surpassed that and can walk 100+ feet unaided even if I do stagger like a drunk doing it. I still take the rolling walker for long events like shopping as I tire easy, and it gives me a place to set down.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Not sure that would even be possible on the truck. I'd need a Y block engine to C6 adaptor and some way to hang a driveshaft parking brake on the tail shaft of the trans. At least the transfer case is a divorced NP 205 so that part would be easy enough.

Hell, even the Veteran's Administration lets me have 15 hydrocodone per month even testing hot for cannabis. I have to request them every time as it's always a onetime script with no refill. I've managed to accumulate a fair number as I really hate the side effect, but they will kill most persistent pain the cannabis doesn't touch.

1st round of the latest physical therapy yesterday was brutal with several new exercises learned that I got to pay for last night. Getting down on my knees several times put the hurt on the knee and hip, but I can do it and not be trapped although climbing back up to my feet still hurts like a sumbitch.

I've reached the target I set when I first got to my feet 7 weeks ago which was to walk with a cane at most by my 69th birthday (this week). I've surpassed that and can walk 100+ feet unaided even if I do stagger like a drunk doing it. I still take the rolling walker for long events like shopping as I tire easy, and it gives me a place to set down.
Daman….getting old is a bitch. Take it slow and steady my frien.

jokerman

Premium user
As I was cooking said butterflied legus of lambus there were different sections of the meat in different parts of muscles.
With a digital thermometer I took temp and as a section reached 140 I wacked that part ,the second ,and a little latter the third.
I swear by a thermometer.
My brother has a $100 Gucci one
mine was under $30
that thermometer is not to be confused with other types of thermometers

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

the VA did my hip replacement at the Bob Dole Regional VA in Wichita..

they did not have any Stryker titanium parts but they found some old hickory wood in the basement and used that..

no problems after 20+ years and they said I would probably need it replaced after 15 or so years

20 years ago the VA would send me a bottle of oxy’s 90 pills per bottle

all I had to do to get a refill was pick up the phone and use their automated refill system

it was a rare occasion for me to take just one pill so I had to do something with all those other pills

we did this pill dance with Uncle Sam for about 3 years

I bought an Electra Glide with Sam’s help and it really accelerated my recovery

IMG_0617.jpeg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

in case I missed it , happy Birthday 🎂🎁🎈🎊🎉 ya old fvcker!…

jokerman

Premium user
As I was cooking said butterflied legus of lambus there were different sections of the meat in different parts of muscles.
With a digital thermometer I took temp and as a section reached 140 I wacked that part ,the second ,and a little latter the third.
mine was under $30
Including the thermometer your Mom used on you as a kid

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Cloudy and windy start to the day. Great another wild fire close to me. This wind isn’t helping things either.

Too windy to walk. That’s ok as I need to spend the day in the grow. Latest starts are showing roots and need to be transferred into soil. Also need to harvest another plant, feed both veg and flower. On top of that I should up-pot 4Chem 91‘s.

That should pretty much fill out my day.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240820_091613_3.jpg

I think I have decided this is the best way for me to do cuts.
Mainly because once rootted..........one t or two t's in rootted,rooted,looks fucked either way?
Anyhows I like the 4" pots cuz of the leeway after roots show.
I can procrastinate potting for weeks if need be without any damage or loss.
Whereas a mister or plugs need potting right away pretty much.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
View attachment 19051628
I think I have decided this is the best way for me to do cuts.
Mainly because once rootted..........one t or two t's in rootted,rooted,looks fucked either way?
Anyhows I like the 4" pots cuz of the leeway after roots show.
I can procrastinate potting for weeks if need be without any damage or loss.
Whereas a mister or plugs need potting right away pretty much.
Yup, doing that today.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
mine was under $30
Until just a few months ago I only had an old school meat thermometer which as you know is not good for a steak or chop. All the nice recipes say that the thermometer is your best friend so I put it on my research list but the next day went to an estate sale and picked one up for a dollar. I’m sure it’s a cheap one but it does measure temp in just a few seconds opposed to minutes. How long does yours take? Is it instant Like one of those the doc uses now not even touching the skin? I have much better luck cooking meat by temperature.

Latest posts

Latest posts