What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Wow! - talk about coincidences - just posted here about giving Dubi the Zamal two decades or so ago - then the postman knocks on my door and delivers 25 Zamaldelica auto/fems seeds - from Dubi! - what goes around - comes around I suppose ? - and thanks Dubi -

I'll grow some of these out on my balcony this summer - and record my experiences with them in my grow thread here -
2024-03-2112.14.231068412920253559804.jpg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything is going to Pex. :mad:
One of the first thing that I did in retirement was to replace all the galvanized iron pipes in our house and three of the four rentals with copper. I did it myself and did them one at a time as they came available. The fourth hasn't been available since we've owned the duplex.

I believe that the copper will outlast me and Grayfox and it has been trouble free this far.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I designed runs like that on paper and Auto Cad, but the completed job by a professional pipe fitter always made me smile. Same with conduit runs by professional electricians.

I infer that the reason the piping and valves aren't labeled is that it is a new installation in startup shakedown, given all the open valves and needle on the pressure gauge..

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another industrial craft that is amazing is the sheet metal workers who build all the ducting, with transitions, offsets, plenums, etc.

Same for the lofters in ship repair laying out and the brakemen forming plate.

Last edited:

oldfogey8

Wow. Sidewalk/Driveway heater?

Granted, I am not a plumber or HVAC person. I am poor enough that I have to do most of my repairs myself, unless I turned around and totally F.d something up. Then I gotta hire someone.
I haven’t paid anyone to fix anything mechanical(plumbing/electric/machinery) on my house in many years(I have recently used a mechanic on my truck but mainly because laying on cold concrete-asphalt in the winter is young men’s work). It is good to know how to do repairs yourself in my view. Anything I don’t know how to do, I just look for a video of.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven’t paid anyone to fix anything mechanical(plumbing/electric/machinery) on my house in many years(I have recently used a mechanic on my truck but mainly because laying on cold concrete-asphalt in the winter is young men’s work). It is good to know how to do repairs yourself in my view. Anything I don’t know how to do, I just look for a video of.
These days with mechanical projects it typically isn't as much whether I can fix it, it is matter of how much tedious, boring, or otherwise unpleasant work it will be versus the cost to have it done by a professional.

With carpentry, I always let the professionals do the drywall finish work, because that is what everyone sees. I've also stopped painting, though I still have the airless, et all. I can do a professional painting but find the prep work tedious and laborious, for the actual amount of time spent painting.

CharlesU Farley

Just started putting a link to my first post here on IC in my sig tag. Actually dove into the Preferences section and had to turn on Notifications, so I could keep track of the threads I was involved in. Can't do that shit from memory anymore. :eek: I have never given a shit about Likes or Followers, that kind of thing, so I always had notifications turned off.

Was involved in another thread where someone gingerly inquired why I'm so pugnacious. Since the question was posted respectfully, I answered appropriately. I know you're going to find this hard to believe, but I get questions like this frequently. :LOL:

But sometimes, this is what I _really_ wanted to say ;):"This is my attitude when I come into a new cannabis forum" :

And this is what happens when someone posts bullshit about Northern Lights:

And for all you non-Americans, and remember I'm a FNG so I don't know everyone's nationality, this is going to play right into all the stereotypes you have about Americans.

But as the Americans in here have learned, I'm damn sure not a typical SouthEastern white boy either.o_O

oldfogey8

These days with mechanical projects it typically isn't as much whether I can fix it, it is matter of how much tedious, boring, or otherwise unpleasant work it will be versus the cost to have it done by a professional.

With carpentry, I always let the professionals do the drywall finish work, because that is what everyone sees. I've also stopped painting, though I still have the airless, et all. I can do a professional painting but find the prep work tedious and laborious, for the actual amount of time spent painting.
Agreed on the dry wall/plastering work. I have a good plasterer who likes my side work(seeds and buds). My wife is the painter in my house. I can roller the snot out of walls or ceilings but cutting in is not good with early onset Parkinson’s.

CharlesU Farley

nice cat Unca…😂

good morning

now here is how to start the day gf correctly

nothing like doing a job the right way , it s art

View attachment 18976426
OMFG. If you did this not only are you a master, journeyman plumber, you're a fucking _artist_! My best friend in life was a Union pipefitter and one of our grandsons is a plumber and y'all have no earthly fucking idea how much plumbing work I've done in the 40+ years I've been I've been in this house. The envious, jealous part of me that has worked with copper wants to utter the term pex pussies, but I won't. :ROFLMAO:

That shit you're looking at there is a masterpiece!

CharlesU Farley

My kids laugh and make fun of me because I take it as a personal insult to have to call _anyone_ whatsoever to do anything to replace or repair anything in this house.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
OMFG. If you did this not only are you a master, journeyman plumber, you're a fucking _artist_! My best friend in life was a Union pipefitter and one of our grandsons is a plumber and y'all have no earthly fucking idea how much plumbing work I've done in the 40+ years I've been I've been in this house. The envious, jealous part of me that has worked with copper wants to utter the term pex pussies, but I won't. :ROFLMAO:

That shit you're looking at there is a masterpiece!

I wish…I missed one of many of my callings😂🤡😂 I love plumbing and pipe fitting

but noooooooooo……

I had to pick concrete…..Local 690 Operative Plasterers’ & Cement Masons…😵‍💫😵😵‍💫😓😓😓

I have no business pouring and finishing concrete in my 70’s but I do it anyway….🤩

IMG_0155.jpeg