What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Yet another double gorgeous day starting at 46F and predicted to reach 73F.

Miss Layla thoroughly warmed the cockles of my heart on our off leash walk through the hood yesterday, as we passed the home of a fellow dog walker who just lost their pup to cancer. I heard the lady call "Layla" and turned to see her rush down their walk and throw her arms around Layla, who properly groaned, moaned, snuggled, and rooted with a big smile on her chops until our neighbor had her pup fix.

Miss Layla has let damn few people lay hands on her but seemed to sense our friend's sorrow and need, so snuggled up to her.

Off to the gym this morning and getting prepared for tomorrow when I have a technician servicing our furnace, as well as those in the rentals.

Layla with ball 4.jpg

Unca Walt

420club
thanks for asking , yes up early , not the headache thank god , just one of the joys of aging , sometimes it’s a guessing game as to what the body wants to do..and it does not want to sleep right now
Hey, chillun -- Oldest fart (by far) here has some (just recently acquired) info from MySonTheDoctor (AKA: Scooter) that has really made a big change for the better in my sleeping "structure":

He told me that taking two Melatonin gummies 15 minutes before bedtime will react with the weed in my system and let you go gently and deeply to sleep.

I useta post here at 1:00AM to 3:00AM regularly. That is becuz -- as you will find out if you haven't already -- after about 3/4 of a century, if you go to bed @ 9PM or so, you will have to get up and pee any time from
1AM to 3AM.

That is when I would realize I could not get back to sleep, so I would get a whoop of @Boo's Finest, and get on the 'puter.

Not any more. I still get up for the necessary, but -- using today as an example -- back to bed and sleep until 6AM :love: 🥱😴

Unca Walt

420club
colder than all git out around here , and windy!…

I checked in on Irene who happens to still be boat shopping and she agrees about the cold….

Gawd bless Irene. But that reminded me of sumpin' I meant to have you think about back when you were talkin' boating for a living:

It gets cold 🥶 on the ocean. A lot. That don't mean much even on the High Plains as far as safety is concerned. But if you are on a boat, the cold is penetrating. <-- BTDT.

Granted, I am a total pussy when it comes to cold weather. But that makes me a good awareness-bringer.

Another joy I have witnessed that was a whole lot of fun. Freezing rain. No sail** allowed in freezing rain; it becomes a top-heavy anchor.

** Regardless of how desperately you want/need to have some sail...

Ice on deck must be removed -- even in rough weather, which you cannot get inside and away from: The room you are in bumps up and down and will not quit doing it even when you are beat to shit.

I said I was an experienced sailor, having barfed in both the Atlantic and Pacific. I forgot: I also have fed the fish in the North Sea off the Scottish coast.

Never will anyone get me on a sailboat again. When you are trying to go "uphill" where the wind does not want you to, you end up going fast enough to be racing islands

Last edited:

OleReynard

Boat shopping has begun.
Think I'm staying right where I'm at, been looking 3 years now for another place.
What people want for what I'm looking at is bullshit.
But that's real estate these days.
Wish I could take my house with and put somewhere else.

Besides I'm thinking about the xtra work I'm about to do with moving and I'm gettin to be again it.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Good morning brothers and sisters! View attachment 18974948 View attachment 18974949

Yet another double gorgeous day starting at 46F and predicted to reach 73F.

Miss Layla thoroughly warmed the cockles of my heart on our off leash walk through the hood yesterday, as we passed the home of a fellow dog walker who just lost their pup to cancer. I heard the lady call "Layla" and turned to see her rush down their walk and throw her arms around Layla, who properly groaned, moaned, snuggled, and rooted with a big smile on her chops until our neighbor had her pup fix.

Miss Layla has let damn few people lay hands on her but seemed to sense our friend's sorrow and need, so snuggled up to her.

Off to the gym this morning and getting prepared for tomorrow when I have a technician servicing our furnace, as well as those in the rentals.

View attachment 18974951
They always know 🥰

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Gawd bless Irene. But that reminded me of sumpin' I meant to have you think about back when you were talkin' boating for a living:

It gets cold 🥶 on the ocean. A lot. That don't mean much even on the High Plains as far as safety is concerned. But if you are on a boat, the cold is penetrating. <-- BTDT.

Granted, I am a total pussy when it comes to cold weather. But that makes me a good awareness-bringer.

Another joy I have witnessed that was a whole lot of fun. Freezing rain. No sail** allowed in freezing rain; it becomes a top-heavy anchor.

** Regardless of how desperately you want/need to have some sail...

Ice on deck must be removed -- even in rough weather, which you cannot get inside and away from: The room you are in bumps up and down and will not quit doing it even when you are beat to shit.

I said I was an experienced sailor, having barfed in both the Atlantic and Pacific. I forgot: I also have fed the fish in the North Sea off the Scottish coast.

Never will anyone get me on a sailboat again. When you are trying to go "uphill" where the wind does not want you to, you end up going fast enough to be racing islands

been watching this fella and his gf for a few months now…they are sailing back to Norway via North Pole…

they are currently in Glacier Bay Alaska

IMG_8490.jpeg