What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

What are the pros and cons of glass vs. silicone bongs for durability and smoking experience?

Phytoplankton

Best bong I ever used was made of a large piece of bamboo with a bamboo stem and a thimble for a bowl. They lasted about a year or so, then you made another. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the bamboo. Other than that, glass all the way.

BudToaster

Veteran
i use only borosilicate glass for my vaporizer oven and bud vial. the draw tube is also borosilicate. this is laboratory grade glassware.

the vial and draw tube are easily cleaned inside with a rolled up paper towel while slightly warm. easy-peasy.

clean glassware is beautiful.

limegreenlimey

Small silicone bongs are great for parties and travel. Cheap. Don't break. Work. But otherwise they are usually not great bongs. They're surprisingly hard to clean. They're usually too small and often suffer from spray/backwash. I would spend a few quid on one to throw away at the end of a weekend (not very environment friendly) but a little glass bong almost certainly better, and probably not much more expensive.

Latest posts

Latest posts