What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I too delivered papers growing up, but my first job was hoeing weeds for a local farmer and taking care of livestock for a couple ranchers. I also plowed, hauled hay, drove dump trucks in the wheat harvest, mowed lawns, and worked as a grocery stock boy, before graduating from high school.

Unca Walt

420club
not only did I wake up feeling froggy, I got a call from the realtor I hired this week...he's got 2 showings set up and more to follow...a good friend sent me some Golden teacher shrooms...today is a good today to micro dose and play with the boys... :groupwave:
Outstanding!! Like the old Messican Philosopher, Manuel Labor would say:

"Life, she ees joost a bowl of frijoles.":comfort:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Hey yall just checking in. It was a short sleeve day today got up to 80 they say. Fed and watered today along with admiring the nice structure of those skunk tent buds. I’m at the “two more weeks” point so I won’t bother showing the little bit of amber some have on them only to hear “two more week”😁
chicken paprika for supper. Going on a dog walk. Yall take it easy 🙂✌️

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You sound like me.
My $1 week allowance for house and farm chores didn't go far and in fact went away once I had a job and was a man of means at $0.35/hr. We coveted and competed for those jobs with other kids.

Child labor laws being what they are today, the jobs formerly held by kids are now being held by minimum wage adults supporting families, and the kids are denied the learning experience.

Whatever one's views are on the subject of child labor, I can attest that it gave me a work ethic that served me well and allowed me to retire young enough to enjoy a second childhood.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240315_152858_2.jpg

Very hard get a good pic of his face.........he is pretty cute.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
My $1 week allowance for house and farm chores didn't go far and in fact went away once I had a job and was a man of means at $0.35/hr. We coveted and competed for those jobs with other kids.

Child labor laws being what they are today, the jobs formerly held by kids are now being held by minimum wage adults supporting families, and the kids are denied the learning experience.

Whatever one's views are on the subject of child labor, I can attest that it gave me a work ethic that served me well and allowed me to retire young enough to enjoy a second childhood.
Yeah GW my brother and I cut field size yard for five bucks with a push mower too. A kid came to my door last season and said he and his friend would rake the leaves in my tiny yard foe 100 bucks. Boy how times have changed. We also cut our yard, our grandparents and my aunts as part of our regular chores. Them days are gone I think

BubbasPlace

Yes - I was thinking along those lines also - and have always been a high testosterone male - but my last bloodwork results came back to let me know that I'm now an average testosterone male for my age - and the doctor told me that if I was not regularly exercising as I do - it could be lower - since physical exercise does boost testosterone levels somewhat - and I have noticed that with age I have mellowed gradually - and don't get as aggressive as I used to -

Plus with my current heart condition (waiting for open heart surgery) - I have cut down on the intensity of how I train - and must not do any HIIT (high intensity interval training) - as I would often do in years past - so as not to let my training heart rate exceed 130 beats per minute - which could possibly lead to a heart attack -
Hmmm. Does constant masterbation count? Asking for an acquaintance.....