What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary The eagle has landed, let the roosting begin. Finally legal, like an eagle ready to soar.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I've been waiting for the plants to finish their stretch, I am about to have to spread the pots out a little bit to help because they're shading each other in areas at this point. I have a little bit of room to work with so I can manage to spread them a little more. I wanted to do the aframe, I wanted to support them already but if I had already done the supports, I wouldn't be able to move the plants at all and at this point I'll be grateful to space them out a little more before I tie them down. I should be there anytime, my sourdubs started flowering and my tropic truffle has begin showing pre flowers. The tangerine and cyborg are still vegging strong.
In the 3rd photo if you look carefully you will see the sourdub stuck inbetween the strawberry torte and tangerine cookie. It's struggled a bit because its literally enclosed by larger plants on all sides.
dc8a8992-8b8f-44cc-b1d0-cc1285ad56c2.jpg
2c8f1fc1-09b1-4717-a0c6-f37f25384ec2.jpg
d615836e-5177-404d-a3b0-9c4c22760337.jpg
6b350ab1-a9ee-46ae-912d-a7f9e2564bc1.jpg
575c4c64-0d9a-40f6-b6c2-c1bbe4c1fe4d.jpg

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
It's been a while since I posted and update. I've got a reasonable update, I have not harvested nothing yet, I'm struggling to get through the first outdoor run. It's a new animal so many things to compete with, yet here I am pushing closer to harvest each passing day. It's been a rough season but seems like it's going to reach fruition, which is all I can ask for. Hope everyones having a good season thus far. Cheers and happy fruits.

1 (4).jpg
1 (1).jpg
2024-09-21 04_35_57-DSC09630.JPG ‎- Photos.jpg
2024-09-21 05_00_16-2024-09-20 00_39_16-DSC06084.JPG ‎- Photos.jpg ‎- Photos.jpg
DSC06095.JPG
DSC09535.JPG

DSC06107.JPG
DSC09620.JPG
DSC09621.JPG
DSC09622.JPG

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Needs more calmag
Its actually more C they need, (but they already have enough lol) the magnesium is quit high enough thanks to the langenbeinite. The calcium availability in the gaia green formula well lets just say, the langenbeinite is readily available in advance and that causes issues. So its more timing than lack, its more to much MG not enough Calcium. But in truth the ratios good however it like the organic feeds not breaking down as fast as the lang. So although ratios are good availability is not. Its not lacking persay but it might be lacking readily available pushing it down into the soil. I think the lange is to soluble and it gets down into the soil faster.

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
it looks extremely successful so far from my point of view :watchplant: :canabis:
Thanks it could be better, but I'm on my first cycle outdoors. This is my rookie run, I'm documenting and taking notes. I wasn't even sure when each strain was going to set flower, I was waiting and thinking about 14 hours of light they might start flipping, but no I had plants in flower on august 10th. That means I was behiind on my flower feeds. I have learned all the strains schedules now and can better account for such.

I will expand my space, I'm expanding from 13' wide to 30 wide next season, quadruple my potsize and get the pots in the ground. Next year I'll bang 50-100 from 12.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Ah but it could also be worse !
Consider me tagged up and here for the rest fo the show !
Yes, we must remind ourselves that things could always be worse. Something to celebrate, I'm happy none the less, it's a learning experience and I fully plan to embrace it and learn from each step in the process. Thanks for enjoying the ride. I got some indoor urkle that will follow the outdoor log.

I have a property, I'm going to build a really nice 12 plant RDWC room, properly, co2 supplimentation, water chiller, tree grow.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
There was a storm that blew through 2 weeks ago and broke a couple of my plants. I took all the broken branches and hung them up, recently dried, decided to roll one up and see whats up with it, already oily and actually taste quite good. I could harvest today and it would be flavorful nuggets and oily. It's a safe bet that these outdoors when done will smoke better than a lot of indoor.

Attachments

• 2024-09-19 23_03_53-DSC06172.JPG ‎- Photos.jpg
    2024-09-19 23_03_53-DSC06172.JPG ‎- Photos.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 3

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I hope you get along with your neighbors Blaze...

All my neighbors are cool, they're either stoners, or they're just friendly happy go lucky people. I've been in the same spot for 10 years, I bought this place in 2013 right after my forfeiture case was finishedand (I made my state donation), paid my badboy fee, all my neighbors are chill. I've never had any issues with any of my neighbors to be honest aside from one neighbors guest wrecking into my fence leaving, he had no issue paying for the repairs and so it was all good.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I'll tell you one of the biggest struggles for me adjusting to the outdoor, is the change in watering frequency and amount. With my ordinary indoors I've gotta a pretty steady cycle of watering, it various through stages of plant growth and production, but I'm more talking in relative to nutrient absorption and ph/ec levels. Watering every day vs watering once every 3 days really changes the dynamics of the feed cycle a bit. I do not have a good water source so I am using dechlorinated tap water also. That's why the constant watering plays into the dynamics. If the pots were in the ground with the bottoms cut out that would probably do a lot in restoring my typical watering dynamics. It would certainly be much more in line with my typical watering cycle in ground than above ground in these fabric containers.

I've noted the first day and sign of flower on each strain, so now I'll have a better initial flowering adjustment next season. The next time I'll know better when they're gonna transition and alter my topdressings 10 days before they're set to flower. I'll scale my space to provide proper room for 12 plants, I'll probably go with 50 gallon pots and dig the holes, add my compost/topsoil and then plant the containers into the holes with bottoms cut out and my standard mix filling the pots. I'll build each plant a full support trellis system and design and build my own irrigation and plug into my available recepticle at the pool, so I wont be relying on a solar pump at all next season, full size pump and cycle timer. I'm learning a ton on this cycle so I'll make the adjustments and certainly have a better go next season.

Last edited:

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
They are looking good. I can't believe the fast flower development from the last update. The container size might have helped with some of that...damn they are looking good....rookie,lol.

Your confidence in your ability to grow a larger plot next year is a credit to you. That happens when you pull off a good grow like this.

Sending out good vibes to Mother Nature and your grow

peace joe

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
They are looking good. I can't believe the fast flower development from the last update. The container size might have helped with some of that...damn they are looking good....rookie,lol.

Your confidence in your ability to grow a larger plot next year is a credit to you. That happens when you pull off a good grow like this.

Sending out good vibes to Mother Nature and your grow

peace joe
Thanks sir, I'm a rookie compared to a veteran like yourself no doubt. I dont forget helping hands friend. I bet its been a good 20 years since you helped a brother out, if not its sure closing in on it.