What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Old Uncle Ben

Howdy!

Fishin' fer some input from you old timers - about to harvest this pathetic C99 backcross and am getting some weird bud leaf browning. Don't think it's rot, really don't know. What's weird is on the opposite side of the plant most of the little buds are green and healthy looking. Unlike another healthy C99 backcross which has thick colas and side buds this one is the pits. The healthy one is under lights and about ready too. Problem child has been in the greenhouse subjected to damp conditions, super low RH at times, cold around 34F.

Nothing but problems with this run - have had fungus gnats from old recycled soil, spider mites from greenhouse infected trees, and maybe fertilizer issues playing around with stuff like epsom salts, Dyna-Gro. Lack of water from neglect has been my biggest problem. I also treated this one early on with a 4% soil drench of paclobutrazanol aka Paclo Plus, a PGR.

Would you harvest/smoke the brown stuff or dump it? It's sticky as hell.

SickMarch11#2.jpg
SickMarch11#3.jpg
SickMarch11.jpg

UB

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
]
Howdy!

Fishin' fer some input from you old timers - about to harvest this pathetic C99 backcross and am getting some weird bud leaf browning. Don't think it's rot, really don't know. What's weird is on the opposite side of the plant most of the little buds are green and healthy looking. Unlike another healthy C99 backcross which has thick colas and side buds this one is the pits. The healthy one is under lights and about ready too. Problem child has been in the greenhouse subjected to damp conditions, super low RH at times, cold around 34F.

Nothing but problems with this run - have had fungus gnats from old recycled soil, spider mites from greenhouse infected trees, and maybe fertilizer issues playing around with stuff like epsom salts, Dyna-Gro. Lack of water from neglect has been my biggest problem. I also treated this one early on with a 4% soil drench of paclobutrazanol aka Paclo Plus, a PGR.

View attachment 18971909 View attachment 18971910 View attachment 18971911

UB
that looks a little like bud rot, I wouldn’t breath it in or smoke it until you verify it’s not. maybe it’s not but that’s my opinion at first glance…

CharlesU Farley

Howdy!

View attachment 18971909 View attachment 18971910 View attachment 18971911

UB
Yowza! I don't believe I've ever seen buds like that and I've been doing this a while, as you know. With the clusterfuck of bad luck that you've had, if you really don't need this harvest, I probably just go ahead, shit can it and start over with new soil. There's something in that environment the plant absolutely, fucking does not like.

I'm going to start a thread here pretty soon showing all my fuckups, bad decisions, and bad luck. Hope you save these pics for that thread. Want to show relatively new growers that even us old geezers can fuck up sometimes.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Yowza! I don't believe I've ever seen buds like that and I've been doing this a while, as you know. With the clusterfuck of bad luck that you've had, if you really don't need this harvest, I probably just go ahead, shit can it and start over with new soil. There's something in that environment the plant absolutely, fucking does not like.

I'm going to start a thread here pretty soon showing all my fuckups, bad decisions, and bad luck. Hope you save these pics for that thread. Want to show relatively new growers that even us old geezers can fuck up sometimes.
That’s a great idea for a thread.

Sun&Soil

View attachment 18971965
This here is Bubba he is 10 weeks old and weighs 31 pounds already.
A kangal Leonberger mix.

Possibly the most chill puppy I have ever seen.
Nice to see things back to normal!
Thanks @SubGirl I appreciate you reaching out to me like that,thank you.
Everyone else as well made me feel good.
You old codger! Thought I lost you for good. I've been busting my butt on this project and couldn't wait to show you, then you slam the door and take off to go get milk, never to return again...

20240311_162546.jpg

20240311_162605.jpg

20240311_162645.jpg

Glad your back!

Latest posts

Latest posts