What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BubbasPlace

Spending the afternoon cleaning my fly rods....using alcohol ans silicone to clean snd lubricate the rod guides. Then I will do the same with the fly line. And finally tie on new leader and tippet.

Spring is coming snd I will be ready!
Never thought about lubing the line and eyelets, that ought to help. Do you use standard taper, or some kind of weight forward line?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
holy waders Batman!….i can buy a lot of fish for that amount!….

is this what we need!?…

also , how do these work?…..do I need socks?….and boots?…..do the waders lap over the boots?…..how do the feet stay dry?….

geeze , and I haven’t even looked at nets and vests!….

IMG_8376.png

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
speaking of wading boots and nets , since this type of fishing is new to me , what kind of waders do we need?…..and net?…..we also need one of those fancy fishing vests so we will look cool

any ideas?……
Simms waders, caddis boots and I like the caddis vest. Gonna set you back some coin but with all that money you been making on bitcoin you can handle it. I need a new pair of boots. Will get them this week along with a new license .

IMG_20240228_134438539_HDR.jpg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user

is this what we need!?…

also , how do these work?…..do I need socks?….and boots?…..do the waders lap over the boots?…..how do the feet stay dry?….

View attachment 18966380
That is exactly what I have.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I want to see a picture of your fly rod. You said yours was a 14' expandable.....wtf is that? You need a decent fly rod. Mine are all Sage but you don't have to spend that much. A st croix or equivalent will do. You can get one for about $300.

So for about a grand you will be set.......

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
why won’t these work?

them fukin’ fish don’t care how much my waders cost

hell , I could probably get by with a couple of heavy duty trash sacks

View attachment 18966394
Absolutely not. Those are hip waders.....you will get soaked. You can get waders much cheaper that Sims....they are the best. Check Amazon. You can also get waders with boots in one piece.

This isn't a poor mans sport.....ha ha.

CaptainLucky

Simms waders, caddis boots and I like the caddis vest. Gonna set you back some coin but with all that money you been making on bitcoin you can handle it. I need a new pair of boots. Will get them this week along with a new license .

View attachment 18966384
I have to replace all of my Saltwater tackle. Some lowlife stole my tackle box from my garage. I prolly had over a 1K invested in it. Bastards! CL🍀

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

is this what we need!?…

View attachment 18966380
You can make some outta trash bags big. These are kinda cute…
IMG_2422.jpeg

Chi13

ICMag Donor
My encounters with fish these days are snorkeling. Both my grown up kids are into it and have taken me out a few times. It's an amazing world underwater, seen blue gropers, moray eels, octopus, harmless sharks, all kinds of colourful fish large an small. We have beautiful reefs and beaches near where I live.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
My encounters with fish these days are snorkeling. Both my grown up kids are into it and have taken me out a few times. It's an amazing world underwater, seen blue gropers, moray eels, octopus, harmless sharks, all kinds of colourful fish large an small. We have beautiful reefs and beaches near where I live.
I have my C-Card. Been on several diving excursions. I have a hard time clearing my ears now days. Memories are all I have now.