What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Even if I lost the remaining 50k, 1500-2000 into 30k return? What's to fret? I've already made s few hundred percent, right?
Different strokes for different folks. I started saving in my 20's. I have been retired for 14 years now and .....well I have more $$ now than when I retired. I don't need bitcoin because I did my due diligence 50 years ago and stuck with it.

Now if you are old and grey and not finically set then you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't like stocks and I sure as hell don't like bitcoin. '

I have an annuity set to mature next year and I will look at tax free municipal bonds. Only expecting 4 or 5% return but it is tax free. I am happy with that.

Do your thing my friend.....I will do mine.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
such a purdy coin…1/4 oz…..picked up four of them on sale 60% off the premium

IMG_0188.jpeg

IMG_0190.jpeg

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I sold a few cars back when gold was $300 an ounce. I took all of my profits and turned them into gold coins and at the return of investment that I’m looking at I’d say that was a pretty smart decision for me. I have been buying gold and silver seriously for 25 years now. I just took cash out of one of my accounts to buy a pound of gold and I have no regrets. I believe one of the key investment tricks to owning gold is to have fractional coins along with 1 ounce coins. Gold bars are going to be hard to negotiate and deal with because of the mass value they have I think I’ve got 500 quarter ounce Swiss francs, which will be used for barter

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I sold a few cars back when gold was $300 an ounce. I took all of my profits and turned them into gold coins and at the return of investment that I’m looking at I’d say that was a pretty smart decision for me. I have been buying gold and silver seriously for 25 years now. I just took cash out of one of my accounts to buy a pound of gold and I have no regrets. I believe one of the key investment tricks to owning gold is to have fractional coins along with 1 ounce coins. Gold bars are going to be hard to negotiate and deal with because of the mass value they have I think I’ve got 500 quarter ounce Swiss francs, which will be used for barter

we like the fractional gold coins…..the 2 and 2 1/2 Mexican gold pesos are ideal for barter trade

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
you need more
Probably right. Spot is around 2050 currently. I won't by Gold Eagles though. Smaller coins for me next time. Easier to barter with.....so I hear.

Walk done.....ice is off the lake. Won't be long until boats are out on it. Another year of fun in the sun. Thinking about going to the fly shop today. I need new wading boots and a new net.

giggy

Doctor just came in, I get my release today. Antibiotics for 6 weeks, then follow up. May have to be on antibiotics up to a year. I'll do what ever I have to do to get my life back to normal. Hell yes no pick line. Not sure how much longer I have to wait before I get to go back to work, but hopefully soon.

BubbasPlace

Different strokes for different folks. I started saving in my 20's. I have been retired for 14 years now and .....well I have more $$ now than when I retired. I don't need bitcoin because I did my due diligence 50 years ago and stuck with it.

Now if you are old and grey and not finically set then you gotta do what you gotta do. I don't like stocks and I sure as hell don't like bitcoin. '

I have an annuity set to mature next year and I will look at tax free municipal bonds. Only expecting 4 or 5% return but it is tax free. I am happy with that.

Do your thing my friend.....I will do mine.
I did both!

BubbasPlace

I have seen, but not purchased bars of gold that were etched for breaking off grams...maybe not a bad idea...

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Probably right. Spot is around 2050 currently. I won't by Gold Eagles though. Smaller coins for me next time. Easier to barter with.....so I hear.

Walk done.....ice is off the lake. Won't be long until boats are out on it. Another year of fun in the sun. Thinking about going to the fly shop today. I need new wading boots and a new net.

speaking of wading boots and nets , since this type of fishing is new to me , what kind of waders do we need?…..and net?…..we also need one of those fancy fishing vests so we will look cool

any ideas?……

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Doctor just came in, I get my release today. Antibiotics for 6 weeks, then follow up. May have to be on antibiotics up to a year. I'll do what ever I have to do to get my life back to normal. Hell yes no pick line. Not sure how much longer I have to wait before I get to go back to work, but hopefully soon.
Yay. Good news giggy. Don’t over do it this time when you get home.

Latest posts

Latest posts