What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I could meet you there most any time. We have to go before runoff starts. Stay at a hotel right at I-25. I have the flies but you need a 6x leader and tippet. I can show you how to rig it.

The nice thing about fly fishing is it is good all day.....you don't have to be on the water before sun up.

I have leaders and tippets and flies……when does the runoff begin?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I have leaders and tippets and flies……when does the runoff begin?
You have flies.....bet you don't! At least the correct ones. You will need flies in the #20 to 22 range. These are smart fish. They know your name, address and zip code even before you get there. A #20 Blue Winged Olive or Adams on top with a RS2 dropper is what you want.

BubbasPlace

Well, my area "grow store" is still at it selling weed and hash. Well, they give it to you for a cash transaction that is a donation. Allegedly.

It's been going on for a few weeks and they report "no problems" thus far. Bought some riot rooters or whatever. They showed me a published add that was placed by a Vape store in an area "entertainment district" that showed buds by strain and price, with a brief descriptor of the strength.

Asking them about all this, it seems to be the genie is out of the bottle. I mentioned jokingly that I may as well have a mom and Pop hardware store and sell weed. Maybe a "Scotch Tape Store" like in old school SNL!

They told me no heat yet from area dispensaries so far ... I predict it will increase then a few will get raided, sort of like cease and desist except you might have to post bond.

If this continues unabated, the dispensary stores will have to up their game somehow. I'm waiting for coffee shops you can smoke/buy in, maybe a club of some sort. It is indeed a slightly different day.

BP

Last edited:

BubbasPlace

Good luck....keep us informed.
Took more clones off the LA Pure Kush bush, glad I attempted to save it, left clones in cloner too long, almost killed them.
Took 10 the other day, 10 more today.

Hoping the Lemon Betty x Triangle Kush are done stretching, one is less than 1 foot. If they continue, I have figured a pattern to bend the tallest ones over and utilize the yo yos. I flipped these 12-12 on 2/5/24.

One more grow chore, males are letting pollen go. I want to collect pollen, and a special sample of one in particular, stayed shorter than the rest, very stockey compared to rest. Want to paint a touch on a couple bud sites on a certain robust, slightly short female of the same strain. Anyway, should get some seeds.

BP

Sun&Soil

Morning all!
42 in the lakes today, browsing the news today it says March and April can become a real snow accumulater here.
Some warning?
Boy we need it lakes are down at least 2' either that or a wet spring.
Been some rough nights sleeping cuz of my neck finally got some zzzzzz's last night.

Getting things lined up for the last run till next fall, been doing some chopping on the Ak's.
Cleaned pots yesterday and stuff like that.

Got another person up here growing so that makes 3, now.
Besides me.
Gonna be nice to have a wide selection of herb to choose from, from now on.

Thinking about running some of that g13 x you are all running.
Still haven't figured out all the menu as yet.
I'll crack 40 beans total and choose from there down to where I need to be. Sure I waste some seed but I got plenty to do that with.
Hoping for 4 x 4, that'd be 4 varietals and 4 specimens from each group.
I'm pretty positive I'm going with a diesel, a chem, bb muffin x heritage and not positive on the last one.
Decisions decisions hate that shit
Don't give up on me. I'll try and get those seeds to you soon. This new job is wearing me down and by the time I'm getting home the PO is closed. Weekends are my fault, the waking and baking seems to wipe my memories and motivation.

I may try and take Friday off to recoup and get the things that I've been slacking on done.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
sounds delicious!

but at $26 bucks a pound , I hope there is some gold flakes in there…..$10 bux shipping

i will wager that you pay less than $26 for a pound of that Guatemalan beans
I went by the coffee shop today. Bought a pound of beans, a liter of cold brew and a cold brew to go. JJ the owner told me that the 10.00 shipping is standard and pays for your whole order so if you buy 4 lbs, it’s still 10 bucks shipping. Coffee is one of my splurges that I treat myself to now and then. Our regular coffee is either the German stuff they sell at the Aldi or Maxwell house regular

IMG_9596.jpeg

IMG_9595.jpeg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Ha ha. These fish have been caught several times and have gotten smart. Most practice catch and release....that is why the are bigger.

You need a perfect cast and perfect presentation to catch them.
Big, these are the flies we will be using. The top one is a Blue Winged Olive. The bottom is an RS2. If you try throwing anything bigger the fish will spook and they will be gone. This separates the men from the boys.....hope you have good eyes.....I don't anymore. ha ha......blind leading the blind

IMG_20240220_160015019.jpg

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Big, these are the flies we will be using. The top one is a Blue Winged Olive. The bottom is an RS2. If you try throwing anything bigger the fish will spook and they will be gone. This separates the men from the boys.....hope you have good eyes.....I don't anymore. ha ha......blind leading the blind View attachment 18962273 View attachment 18962273
Them big fish go for those tiny things?

oldfogey8

Big, these are the flies we will be using. The top one is a Blue Winged Olive. The bottom is an RS2. If you try throwing anything bigger the fish will spook and they will be gone. This separates the men from the boys.....hope you have good eyes.....I don't anymore. ha ha......blind leading the blind View attachment 18962273 View attachment 18962273
Those look identical to me but then again, I am not a fish…