What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
What flavor of likker, @dogzter ?
Dark rum of course.

Oh yeah Jack Russell's are well known for their intelligence - a small but smart breed - they will even try to boss you around - at times - and watch out for you too -
I miss ours a lot he died hard in July defending my wife and his brother from a couple of strays.
All heart in that one.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Positive thoughts for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery, @Gypsy Nirvana .
Yup - I was quite impressed with the surgeon who's gonna slice and hopefully not dice me - he's 51 and when I jovially quizzed him about his partying/sleeping - he said that he goes to bed before 10am every night and rarely drinks any booze - so hes no young whipper-snapper - and he wont turn up bladdered to operate on me - which is nice -
Thanks for the kind words 🙏 😊

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
It's all velvet, brother @Boo -- When we are still chugging along and look back over our shoulder and see all those who did not survive to this day, we are winners.

To my personal knowledge, you, @bigsur51, and Your Humble Obdn't &tc are supposed to be dead or 100% crippled.

We ain't. We all have up front dings, bungs, and shaters for sure, though.

One common denominator puts us half-wrecked jalopies back on the road where others fail: weed.

Reading the cross-section of folks here, I see a whole lot of the Boo/Big/Unca types with startlingly similar very real problems. Problems that would put them in graves were it not for weed.

by the grace of God there go I….

and Irene..if it wasn’t for the many Irene’s n my life , i probably wouldn’t be here today…..

good morning from the prairies where we put the high in the High Plains!……

61 today and snow this weekend…

moar cofffee!…

IMG_8175.jpeg

buzzmobile

Veteran
Yup - I was quite impressed with the surgeon who's gonna slice and hopefully not dice me - he's 51 and when I jovially quizzed him about his partying/sleeping - he said that he goes to bed before 10am every night and rarely drinks any booze - so hes no young whipper-snapper - and he wont turn up bladdered to operate on me - which is nice -
Thanks for the kind words 🙏 😊
The worst part about an upcoming 'procedure' for me is the waiting for the date to arrive. The scheduled date arrives and then I enter a dreamlike state the morning of. It's a strange feeling. It all gets better when the night night drops get pushed. Next thing you know you're back on the ward waking up.

The first night home from hospital has always been the hardest for me. Recovery is slow at first so stay with it.

giggy

Morning folks, unexpected doctor visit this morn. My knee leaked all day yesterday, so I was going to contact my surgeon, but my gp contacted me as he wants to see my knee. So I may have to contact the surgeon a little later. 6 months fir a knee replacement is bull shit. Yall have a great day, at least I will get to spend the later half of the day with the ol lady. We don't get much time alone

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The worst part about an upcoming 'procedure' for me is the waiting for the date to arrive. The scheduled date arrives and then I enter a dreamlike state the morning of. It's a strange feeling. It all gets better when the night night drops get pushed. Next thing you know you're back on the ward waking up.

The first night home from hospital has always been the hardest for me. Recovery is slow at first so stay with it.
I've only had surgery for a big flesh wound before - miss judged a side kick so missed the machete with my booted foot - led to me getting a big chunk on my lower right leg taken out - so had a big skin graph from my thigh to cover it - and that was 44 years ago -
This heart ❤️ surgery coming up will be my first every internal/invasive surgery -

The Greek surgeon is gonna fix the leaky Mitral valve and also do a bypass on my left coronary artery - since there is some calcium blockage there - he cheered me up yesterday when he said that I look to be the fittest 60+er that he's seen 'in quite some time' - so he doesn't expect any complications at all -

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I've only had surgery for a big flesh would before - miss judged a side kick so missed the machete with my booted foot - led to me getting a big chunk on my lower right leg taken out - so had a big skin graph from my thigh to cover it - and that was 44 years ago -
This heart ❤️ surgery coming up will be my first every internal/invasive surgery -

The Greek surgeon is gonna fix the leaky Mitral valve and also do a bypass on my left coronary artery - since there is some calcium blockage there - he cheered me up yesterday when he said that I look to be the fittest 60+er that he's seen 'in quite some time' - so he doesn't expect any complications at all -
Hoping for the best. We need you here to keep us outlaws in line.....

buzzmobile

Veteran
Morning folks, unexpected doctor visit this morn. My knee leaked all day yesterday, so I was going to contact my surgeon, but my gp contacted me as he wants to see my knee. So I may have to contact the surgeon a little later. 6 months fir a knee replacement is bull shit. Yall have a great day, at least I will get to spend the later half of the day with the ol lady. We don't get much time alone
That is not any fun, @giggy. Perhaps this will move you up the calendar.