The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I imagine it is like that all over the world in divers cultures

different dialects in America are interesting

it is easy to recognize someone from New Jersey or New York by their dialect

same with country folks in Georgia and Alabama , some accents are thicker than others and difficult to understand

like some Cajuns from Louisiana….i once was a mason tender for 3 bricklayers from Louisiana , a grandfather , son , and grandson

when the grampa told me something , most of the time I had to ask the grandson to please interpret for me……
Yes - it can be very difficult to understand different dialects of the same general language

- reminds me of when I first arrived in Idaho USA with a broad cockney (London) accent -at 17 years old - hardly anyone could understand me - if I spoke in the way I had learned whilst growing up in England - using all sorts of colloquial London expressions and words - so for communication purposes - it wasn't long before I had to start using local words and sayings - while taking the rough edge off my English English - and having to speak more in American English -
Of course when I returned to England 5 years later - all my mates accused me of 'Going all Yank' - since by then I had what you might call a trans-atlantic accent -

Africanna

hats have run in my family….

we need moar hats today!..

my grampa and his twin , my uncle..

View attachment 18955234

my engineer Bill hat..a long time ago..

View attachment 18955232

one of my berets , long time ago

an engineer for BNSF made this one ..
I like hats too and wear them regularly.

This is a beret
1707068731141.png

jokerman

Premium user
I went down a BioChar rabbit hole a few weeks back which lead to Terra Preta which is incredibly fertile human made soil from the Amazon found in pockets there. I dump the ash and charred chunks of wood in my gardens. Biochar is supposedly wood chunks made in an oxygen deprived burn. I will be interested to find out how you find it works.
Will give you "Complete and Detailed Files concerning all that's related to the use of Bio-Char.
I may sub out research. documentation, and final analysis reports,
We are currently in negotiations.

Mr_Hash

Here's a very interesting video from Dr Berg about AUTOPHAGY - and I urge all of the old farts to see it - because it could help us all to live longer and healthier - and avoid the sleeping munchies 😀

I do NOT like this dude. Pseudo science from a chiropractor. Fukkin Dr. Berg. Ugh.

Watched a lot of his content. He's right up there with some of the other YouTube health personalities.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I like hats too and wear them regularly.

This is a beret
View attachment 18955310
290.jpg

My favourite 😍 tropical hat 👒 is my Tilley hat - made in Canada - and garenteed for life - it has some cool ventilation holes in the sides - plus you can pop the sides up in high winds - and a little stash pocket inside it - it's a 7 and 3/4ths size - so fits me well -

Last edited:

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
View attachment 18955312
My favourite 😍 tropical hat 👒 is my Tilley hat - made in Canada - and guatenteed for life - it has some cool ventilation holes in the sides - and a little stash pocket inside it - it's a 7 and 3/4ths size - so fits me well -

alright!….

busting out the portraits !

like you said earlier , ain’t it grand that most of us can come out from behind the curtain now that weed is being decriminalized around the flat earth….

my favorite old straw hat

IMG_3442.jpeg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Snow removal detail is over.....that was a lot of fun. Wet heavy stuff. Had to go slow as my snow blower couldn't take it.
Kept bogging down.

Down in the garden now.....two more starts showed roots over night. Gotta get them in pots and in the veg tent.