What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Peaky Blinders was a pretty good series but I needed to turn on subtitles. My grasp of foreign languages is pretty weak…😁
Even I am often left straggling to understand some dialects of the English language - particularly the Glasweigen Scottish accent -

In Peaky Blinders the main accent is 'Brummie' - the accent from the area of the city of Birmingham - which I can just understand - after tuning my ears into it -

Last edited:

oldfogey8

Does anyone use BioChar?
I went down a BioChar rabbit hole a few weeks back which lead to Terra Preta which is incredibly fertile human made soil from the Amazon found in pockets there. I dump the ash and charred chunks of wood in my gardens. Biochar is supposedly wood chunks made in an oxygen deprived burn. I will be interested to find out how you find it works.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I've lost 2-5/8" ( i usually round it up to 2.75") in the last 30 years. I keep telling the nurses who do my check-in stats at the clinics that it's colder down near the floor and we're going to have to do something about this..
I guess that on the upside moose 🫎 - if you were to fall over - the impact would be less - the shorter we get - no chance to reach terminal velocity - on the way down -

Old Uncle Ben

Had one plant under the LED's looking really paltry, over all yellow and pale. Pulled it and in natural light the color is perfect. It's a C99, hit it with 2% Paclo month ago. Rainwater, nothing else (but Osmocote).

An no, the clawing doesn't hurt a thing - those leaves are green and productive too.

Feb 4 C99.jpg

Speaking of hangovers, had one for 3 days after polishing off a bottle of cheap Port one night in college. 18% alc. That was also the time when me and my friends were put on Disciplinary Probation by the college dean for SUSPICION of doing pot. Think east Texas rednecks, sheriff's deputies and two Texas troopers waiting for you, being tossed against a wall, when you walked into your dorm room. I was holding a joint in my cig pack. After 10 minutes of cold sweats asked a deputy if I could use the bathroom. His reply, "yes, but one false move and I'm blowing your head off". Dropped trou, sat down on the john, reached into my cig pack while he wasn't looking, tossed the J between my legs and wooooosh." True story. East Texas school was a bunch of rednecks and we were a handful of hippies doing pot and acid, 1968-69.

Carry on mates........

OleReynard

Had one plant under the LED's looking really paltry, over all yellow and pale. Pulled it and in natural light the color is perfect. It's a C99, hit it with 2% Paclo month ago. Rainwater, nothing else (but Osmocote).

An no, the clawing doesn't hurt a thing - those leaves are green and productive too.

View attachment 18955282

Speaking of hangovers, had one for 3 days after polishing off a bottle of cheap Port one night in college. 18% alc. That was also the time when me and my friends were put on Disciplinary Probation by the college dean for SUSPICION of doing pot. Think east Texas rednecks, sheriff's deputies and two Texas troopers waiting for you, being tossed against a wall, when you walked into your dorm room. I was holding a joint in my cig pack. After 10 minutes of cold sweats asked a deputy if I could use the bathroom. His reply, "yes, but one false move and I'm blowing your head off". Dropped trou, sat down on the john, reached into my cig pack while he wasn't looking, tossed the J between my legs and wooooosh." True story. East Texas school was a bunch of rednecks and we were a handful of hippies doing pot and acid, 1968-69.

Carry on mates........
Hey Unc was looking at the Osmocote then caught it on utube.
What else are you doing for nutes and what's your medium.
Guy on you tube says osmocote to be used only as a supplement, what's your take on this?

Old Uncle Ben

Hey Unc was looking at the Osmocote then caught it on utube.
What else are you doing for nutes and what's your medium.
Guy on you tube says osmocote to be used only as a supplement, what's your take on this?

No other nutes. Not needed. I might toss in a handful or two of the meals when I mix up my soil. My garden link is below, or here and explains what I'm doing, which as usual is unconventional for cannabis forums LOL -> https://www.icmag.com/threads/my-ga...-away-im-here-to-help.18129483/#post-18511290

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
No other nutes. Not needed. I might toss in a handful or two of the meals when I mix up my soil. My garden link is below, or here and explains what I'm doing, which as usual is unconventional for cannabis forums LOL -> https://www.icmag.com/threads/my-ga...-away-im-here-to-help.18129483/#post-18511290
Hey Ben - always good to see you out and about on the site - reminds me of the old Overgrow days where you were so prominent - now can you remember what Overgrow member was pioneering the deep water culture way of growing before that Krusty fella came along and made out like he had invented it - in the first place using what he called The Krusty Buckets?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Even I am often left straggling to understand some dialects of the English language - particularly the Glaweigen Scottish accent -

In Peaky Blinders the main accent is 'Brummie' - the accent from the area of the city of Birmingham - which I can just understand - after tuning my ears into it -

I imagine it is like that all over the world in divers cultures

different dialects in America are interesting

it is easy to recognize someone from New Jersey or New York by their dialect

same with country folks in Georgia and Alabama , some accents are thicker than others and difficult to understand

like some Cajuns from Louisiana….i once was a mason tender for 3 bricklayers from Louisiana , a grandfather , son , and grandson

when the grampa told me something , most of the time I had to ask the grandson to please interpret for me……

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Hey Ben - always good to see you out and about on the site - reminds me of the old Overgrow days where you were so prominent - now can you remember what Overgrow member was pioneering the deep water culture way of growing before that Krusty fella came along and made out like he had invented it - in the first place using what he called The Krusty Buckets?

gawd I love the history at ICMAG…..some very knowledgeable Pioneers of the Cannabis Community reside here , some post , some just lurk

and the no bullshit when it comes to scammers , better make sure one has their ducks in order before spouting off around here

with that said , I am off to watch some magnificent golf!

so this is the End.

IMG_8140.jpeg

oh that damn Irene always shows up at the oddest times!…