What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
That's good advice to start gaining hand strength again - my current grip strength is pretty strong - 2 years of just hanging by the arms - from a bar with my full weight has really helped - when I started it was difficult to do just 10 seconds hanging - can now do 60 seconds - and have thick calluses on my hands - because of it -
View attachment 18952747
Get some hanging gloves Gypsy

jokerman

Premium user
As a little kodger I snuck into the fridge and got out a half-gallon of egg-nogg and a quart of blueberry yogurt.

Snuck to the basement and consumed them in their entirety.

Shortly thereafter I was puking blueberry yogurt and egg nogg like nobody's business.

It was a year or so before I drank anymore egg nogg, and many years, over a decade, before blueberry yogurt was edible.

These days I miss egg nogg, so mix my own lower-carb version per the recipe I posted, though it's not real egg nogg. And while blueberry yogurt isn't my preferred yogurt flavor (yogurt has noteworthy carbs, by the way), I like blueberries a LOT. Just not particularly fond of them in yogurt for about 58 years now.
Time you reconsider Brother ,😊

Janborrego

Both myself and Dad tested negative for Covid

Attachments

• IMG_3032.jpeg
    IMG_3032.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27

jokerman

Premium user
It's good as an aperitif, or during the holidays, but in my experience it's not something to have more than 1 of.

Spent a long time coming up with ways to modify recipes to make them more acceptable, in order to have things that I otherwise had written off. As well as long-time recipes we did here that had nothing to do with glucose health.

Started at one point to write a combination adventure, smuggling, recipe cookbook, entitled, something to the effect of 'The Blacklisted House-Husband's Cookbook of Underground Recipes for Long Nuclear Winter Days & Nights.'

At least the cover photo was impressive, though we never got as far as figuring out any book-signing itineraries. :)
I suggest qualified and experienced representation☝️

OleReynard

They are really UGLEEE when they get that big and old. They don't like to be petted.
It's been about 9 years now I guess but my son caught that old gal with a crappie lure.
I know where she hangs at she's there every year.
I have 1 that comes up in my yard every year to lay, I normally put up a barricade so the fox and coons don't get her eggs after she's done

jokerman

Premium user
Good morning brothers an sisters! View attachment 18952780 View attachment 18952781

A cloudy day here, starting at 48F and predicted to reach 58F.

Yesterday was a day of stretching, heating pad, stationary bike, and walking the fat pup to calm my hips down, which worked, and I slept last night with no analgesics. OOraw! Wish that would work for my back..........

My Scandinavian ancestry was from the early 1700 and I've only experienced Dupuytren's contracture on the one finger. There was a single ~ 1" incision perpendicular to the finger, that only took four stitches and healed rapidly without incident. It still itches like crazy sometimes, but no other problems.

Dinner out last night at Tien Hong for Salt and Pepper Squid and accouterments. We've decided that in addition to our weekly breakfast out, we will add a weekly dinner out. Both for our own joy and amazement, as well as to help the local restaurants whose businesses have never recovered from the Covid shutdowns. A number of our favorite ones in fact are no longer in business................
So sad how many buisnesses went out so sad

giggy

Morning folks, gonna head to the shop in a short. Still trying to help out on the inventory, when I get to work at it. Everything I turn around one of the bosses ask for me to do something else fir them. No gonna bitch, better then setting in front of the TV. Yall have a great morning.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Get some hanging gloves Gypsy
Was thinking about it 🤔 - but there is an advantage to having heavy calloused hands ✋️ - you can grip rougher surfaces without as much pain - as you would get with softer hands - so it's almost like having permanent gloves on - so if I was to have to suddenly grab and grip a rough surface - to pull or hang with my entire weight - then it would be easier to do - and less painfull -
Does that make logical sense?

OleReynard

Was thinking about it 🤔 - but there is an advantage to having heavy calloused hands ✋️ - you can grip rougher surfaces without as much pain - as you would get with softer hands - so it's almost like having permanent gloves on - so if I was to have to suddenly grab and grip a rough surface - to pull or hang with my entire weight - then it would be easier to do - and less painfull -
Does that make logical sense?
Until you pull the callouse off, anyway

Latest posts

Latest posts