What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
another day of not doing anything, if you walk out in my yard you will sink. glad the rain has stopped.
Yep, too wet to plow here too. I’m cleaning my pantry getting rid of stuff. Sent out some pictures with different stuff to three people I thought may have a use for some of it. Now they are fighting over my “antique” bowls, pyrex and old Corning stuff. I think we got it all settled and all the stuff is claimed so no trip to goodwill.

moose eater

Light tackle is my way
We troll or jig with heavy/somewhat heavy spoons and jigs for lake trout.

I hardly fish the rainbows in the Interior at all, as they're nearly all stocked, and if the body of water doesn't have cold clear water and lacks sufficient continual influx and effluent of the water, they begin to taste like muskeg swamp water smells. BLEH!!

Grayling, on the other hand, are still a softer meat like a rainbow, mostly in wild streams/ponds, and are a joy to catch.

For the grayling we often use smaller brightly colored spinners. I caught a couple of 17" grayling at our usual pool in fast current, immediately below the leveling dam at Aishihik Lake this last Summer, along with some smaller ones.

The slot limit there, to maintain breeder stocks, require the release of either 16"+ to 19", or 16"+ to 24", so, foggily remembering that, and I'd left the first one on a stringer, limped back up the steep hill and across the dam bridge, back to the truck, grabbed some needle-nose 'fish surgery' pliers and the regs, and sure enough, I was required to release the 'little' guy, though I've never seen a game/conservation officer out there ever. .

When I got back, the over-legal-sized grayling had obliged me by remaining QUITE active on the stringer, and I released him after my older son took a photo..

We tend to fish grayling there when we can't launch the boat for whatever reason.

Conservation slot limits there for lake trout require anything over 26" and under 39" be released as breeder stock.

moose eater

Having finished a slice of last night's deluxe homemade pizza for lunch, I need to chop some fresh veggies to make some chicken cast iron skillet dish to accommodate the boneless skinless chicken thigh meat that's now been thawed for close to 3 days, so I don't commit the cardinal sin of food waste.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I guess I should be proud of myself for acting like an adult and caring for my sore back today. I’m not wanting to sit in a chair for very long, but I have been in one for six hours today. It’s a very comfortable chair, but nonetheless, I don’t do well indoors… Ivan has come in a few times just to check on me but he is out there with Dutch Just enjoying this cool weather we have… a friend’s son came by to get my yard vac running so tomorrow we can do leaves…

moose eater

A less-than-strategically-minded 'eater' lake trout from ice fishing near the west end of Copper Lake in the Wrangell-St. Elias Range a number of years ago..

Unfortunate Lake Trout at Copper Lake Solo Trip.JPG

BubbasPlace

So what’s this jacks?
Dogster put on to me to it. It's a powder nute. They make several varieties, and I've seen sellers on Amazon not keep it straight, but it's called Jacks Professional 20-20-20. There is also another Jacks 20-20-20, I forget the other Ames. You want "Professional" version.

Anyway, the slick thing is you just put 1/2 tsp in a gallon of water. This is used every watering, no ph ing, filtering, just mix and use. Veg, flower, the whole grow. Until the end, when you just use water!

Oh, the other part is, it works! I still use my complicated nute version also, but was looking to simplify this grow, it's a little bit different for me. It's regular seeds first off so sexing will be required. No biggie, I just normally puss out and use clones or feminized seeds I figured I better simplify the rest.

I just up potted 10 of them.

Attachments

• IMG_20240128_141630549.jpg
    IMG_20240128_141630549.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 42

moose eater

I guess I should be proud of myself for acting like an adult and caring for my sore back today. I’m not wanting to sit in a chair for very long, but I have been in one for six hours today. It’s a very comfortable chair, but nonetheless, I don’t do well indoors… Ivan has come in a few times just to check on me but he is out there with Dutch Just enjoying this cool weather we have… a friend’s son came by to get my yard vac running so tomorrow we can do leaves…
Sitting for long periods can do nearly as much damage as other more physical activities. I've been told that truck drivers suffer chronic back pain and related disorders due to such long hours doing so, even with air-ride seats.

BubbasPlace

Alright, my area grow store is a nice place, but they are always pushing the limits, and it seems to be working.

Quite some time back, I was shocked (at the time) they were selling seeds! Pretty normal now.

Some while later, I go in there and they are selling clones, which also, at the time surprised me. Now, with the farm bill less than 3% or whatever.

Now, again, I am 🙀 surprised. They have 1 oz, or 1/2oz bags of buds, and hash! Pfft! Apparently this guy is a commercial grower and you make a cash donation and then receive the item.....also had gummies that looked like regular pot store fare

Call me Shirley, but I've done defense work for over 30 years, I don't see this as passing muster, it is not a dispensary, I guess I really don't know. I will wait for the owner to be there and ask him.

Bubba

moose eater

Alright, my area grow store is a nice place, but they are always pushing the limits, and it seems to be working.

Quite some time back, I was shocked (at the time) they were selling seeds! Pretty normal now.

Some while later, I go in there and they are selling clones, which also, at the time surprised me. Now, with the farm bill less than 3% or whatever.

Now, again, I am 🙀 surprised. They have 1 oz, or 1/2oz bags of buds, and hash! Pfft! Apparently this guy is a commercial grower and you make a cash donation and then receive the item.....also had gummies that looked like regular pot store fare

Call me Shirley, but I've done defense work for over 30 years, I don't see this as passing muster, it is not a dispensary, I guess I really don't know. I will wait for the owner to be there and ask him.

Bubba
Yep, during Ravin, we toyed with the idea of selling $200 paper clips and gifting a bag of weed with it. We were assured that it would not pass muster.

BubbasPlace

Yep, during Ravin, we toyed with the idea of selling $200 paper clips and gifting a bag of weed with it. We were assured that it would not pass muster.
Well, they are doing it! They have always pushed it, maybe they are banking on "oh well, the genie is way out of the bottle" but the folks with dispensary businesses will make noise. Im curious about his hash. Like bud, have plenty of my own, just curious. I will try on the way home tomorrow, if it's hasn't been shut down.

Bubba

moose eater

Well, they are doing it! They have always pushed it, maybe they are banking on "oh well, the genie is way out of the bottle" but the folks with dispensary businesses will make noise. Im curious about his hash. Like bud, have plenty of my own, just curious. I will try on the way home tomorrow, if it's hasn't been shut down.

Bubba
Dana Larson, in Vancouver, pushed the proverbial river for a while, selling psilocybin from his shop, until one day the full-stop notice came from the RCMP, from what I understand.

We can do anything we want to... right up until we can't.

It's THAT moment in time that cleans plaque from my arteries in ways that I'd rather rely on good veggies in my diet for. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts