What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just got notice that my Vitamix, which I sent for repairs, is due back today. Exceptional service and turnaround by Vitamix on a remanufactured unit that was out of warranty.

They fixed it for free anyway, with my only expense shipping it to them.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I hear so much about Irene that Bubbas Bad Bitch is getting it's turn real quick.
Pre98 BK x Irene
Wanna see what all the hype is about
Is it this p98?
DSC-0537.jpg

kevinn

I do, except I wouldn't describe it as breaking up the roots. Rather I call it scoring the root balll which I do on four sides using a utility knife and cutting about .5 to 1 inch deep. I've never noticed any transplant shock doing this but I have noticed the rootball is more spread out throughout the pot when I harvest. With scoring you really only affect the outer most roots which wrap around the rootball when it starts to get root bound. The scoring in my experence just helps the root system to spread out into the unsed soil of the large pot faster and usually results in a spurt of extra growth. you don't always get without scoring. In fact I learned that trick from our own Uncle Ben back on Overgrow and being he's a degreed Botanist he could probably explain why it works better then I can.
do you just score once on each side or several times from top to bottom