What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
My vet is pretty old school just the basics but still expensive even for healthy dogs but some vets try to shame you into unnecessary tests and things like doggy teeth cleaning and laser therapy. And dog acupuncture.
I’ve used the same veterinarian since 1982. She is actually an aviary doctor, but she’s always taken care of all my boys. Last week her office sent me a postcard for Dutch with all the different types of vaccinations in this and that proposed for him. When I called the nurse at the front desk, she realized what is happened and apologized profusely. Dutch Will not leave this property from here on forward or get into the truck, but he’s living his best life for as long as he can…. I find a lot of joy getting down on the floor and playing with him at such a late stage in his life. He still wants to be scratch where he’s always wanted to be scratched… for being 12 years and five months old and worked very hard throughout his life. He’s doing quite well considering…

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

My vet is pretty old school just the basics but still expensive even for healthy dogs but some vets try to shame you into unnecessary tests and things like doggy teeth cleaning and laser therapy. And dog acupuncture.
When my cat passed away from cancer, we took him into an out of town emergency hospital that our vet arranged.
Over the course of several days my cat was seen by 3 different vets. Some of these vets were flying into Kelowna Emergency Animal Hospital from Vancouver for work.
Anyhow, as decision day came about as what was the course of action. I was surprised by the money making mentality from the vet staff. After listening to the advice of several vets, I spoke to one last vet and she said, "you should just take your cat home, love on him until the end." Forget all these other opinions because none of them will save your cat but only prolong it's suffering at great cost.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I’ve used the same veterinarian since 1982. She is actually an alien doctor, but she’s always taken care of all my boys. Last week her office sent me a postcard for Dutch with all the different types of vaccinations in this and that proposed for him. When I called the nurse at the front desk, she realized what is happened and apologized profusely. Dutch Will not leave this property from here on forward or get into the truck, but he’s living his best life for as long as he can…. I find a lot of joy getting down on the floor and playing with him at such a late stage in his life. He still wants to be scratch where he’s always wanted to be scratched… for being 12 years and five months old and worked very hard throughout his life. He’s doing quite well considering…
Give him all the love you can….he needs it now more than ever. NOT FAIR…..ANIMALS SHOULD LIVE LONGER!

OleReynard

My sister always wanted to be a vet and did so. She practiced for a short period and decided to change careers. She has worked for Health Canada for a long time, I am not sure of all her duties but I do know she has power over the vets who do gov't inspection work at the slaughter houses, She also does work around agricultural animal food products that are imported/exported.

At the time of her graduation she had friended the top student out of their class. This young woman practiced for a short period and decided she wanted children, quit being a Vet had children and became a school bus driver. Sadly, she passed away youngish from cancer.

Good day to you OleReynard
Hey Oldman hope you had a Great Birthday

Old Uncle Ben

I asked the wife if she wanted to go on a small road trip, last wknd I took her to the beach by lake erie,she said ok sounds nice. We're off to the landfill,the truck is loaded :)
Enjoy the ride!
Funny. I never thought about saving seeds back then much less planting them. Where was my head?
I have the seeds from the best Mex back in the day in the fridge. Talkin' Mex. that was trippy. One called "Michael's Best" is from a friend who was a dealer in kilos. Funny, he sold a lot of Mexican bagweed but was quick to buy mine. Michael would only save seeds from his best Mexican stash.

Old Uncle Ben

Give him all the love you can….he needs it now more than ever. NOT FAIR…..ANIMALS SHOULD LIVE LONGER!
Agree, I've had to go thru too many of my dear furry friends. All that's left now on my farm, last 20 years, is my 18 year old cat that has survived 5 dogs, one cat and my wife. She still swats with the best of them when pissed. :)

Giving them a strong sedative in their hip before the final shot is very humane.

Goldhedge

When my cat passed away from cancer, we took him into an out of town emergency hospital that our vet arranged.
Over the course of several days my cat was seen by 3 different vets. Some of these vets were flying into Kelowna Emergency Animal Hospital from Vancouver for work.
Anyhow, as decision day came about as what was the course of action. I was surprised by the money making mentality from the vet staff. After listening to the advice of several vets, I spoke to one last vet and she said, "you should just take your cat home, love on him until the end." Forget all these other opinions because none of them will save your cat but only prolong it's suffering at great cost.
Yeah... I hate vets that post the sign that says 'Good, Better, Best' care for your pet.

Sounds like I'm buying a Sears tool or something...!

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
It's time to get into the kitchen...meatloaf is cooking, I need to get potatoes ready and I am going to have some cauliflower & broccoli mix. Will have a brown sauce.

See you later OF...hope the night is kind to you.

please save some meatloaf for Irene

she loves meat

IMG_2539.jpeg

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I have come to the conclusion that God made it so dogs live for a short time but gave maximum love...we can survive just fine if our best friend passes but if we pass before our beloved pets pets do they will be lost waiting for its master to come home, give the pooch a pat on the head, so it can lay on his feet feeling comfort and love...look at some of the military funerals...dog handles have their dogs lay thee for hours if not days waiting for dad...

on another note, one of my males has gotten to the strawberry blonde female...yup, she's preggers...

Latest posts

Latest posts