What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Some nice looking cured/aged hash
I'm not sure how cured it was nor how aged it was, that''s just from taking some freshly dry sifted kief from trim and then just loading it in the press and compacting it into what I call a hash round. I was doing that with all my dry sifted kief a few years ago because if I didn't I'd just sprinkle it on ground bud when I rolled a joint and while that was nice and tasty I went thru it much quicker or at least it seemed like I did.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Hi SubGirl.

Do you get giddy looking up at them yet?

They are an impressive bunch. Are you thinking of topping them or just letting them go to see how high they can get?
They have finally got tall enough I guess. I didn’t top them and wanted to see how they would do on their own. Yes it’s very weird looking up at them. I need my 8 ft ladder to tend to them. They are about 10 ft tall from my deck. I am glad to see them flowering so nicely. They seem a little thicker each day. They are my first tall outside plants

HempKat

Veteran
I do have a pellet press like the one above. It’s good for hash pellets but not the beautiful syrup you get from heat and a few extra 100 pounds of pressure. 😳
Yeah getting rosin I'm sure is much more potent but with a big bowl of kief like you had I would prefer the hash rounds/pellets for their ease of use and storability. After I logged off right after I posted that I wondered how well a hash round/pellet would work in a rosen press vs just loose kief, any toughts?

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Morning everybody happy fry-day. Been hurting a bit with the weather changes. Doctor called and said to back off the antibiotics for a few days, what ever that is and drink more water. Problem is I'm not thrifty so I am having to force the water down. This is a place I never thought I would ever be in my life. I can't do anything cause of trying to get my disability. Can't find any young men that want to learn to weld, burn and or fabricate. All these young bucks want to do is play on their phones and computers, nobody wants to get their hands dirty. I guess the dumb bastards think computers will build everything for them. In the mean time I get to set and watch the world go by. Hope everybody is having a good day today, I'm gonna try.
Yeah it really is a shame because if young people keep on that path it won''t be long bfore those skills become practically lost, especially if we get to the point where AI powered robots are doing all that type of work for us in the future. Kind of like how it's getting with growing and long term storing food is these days. If the SHTF millions will be screwed without plenty of people possessing those skills.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Yeah getting rosin I'm sure is much more potent but with a big bowl of kief like you had I would prefer the hash rounds/pellets for their ease of use and storability. After I logged off right after I posted that I wondered how well a hash round/pellet would work in a rosen press vs just loose kief, any toughts?
We just use it to enhance the joints. Better to not press it when using it that way. I do press some as gifts tho in the pellet thingy.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I’m thinking it would work fine.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Loki has the bone from a Tomahawk Steak - and looks to be a happy mutt pup - <lots of gnawing noises>
2024-08-3020.57.131770200645947686391.jpg

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Beautiful work as always, Sub! Is that the Sequoia strandivar? You are going to need an arborist come harvest time.
🤣🤣🤣 Thank you OldFogey. the city will be in my backyard in October. They should present well by then if everything goes smooth. I’m hoping nobody makes a big deal over them or they don’t get chopped in the middle of the night right at harvest time. I did put the required tag on them like the Virginia cannabis website says is required.