What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Indica = Fat stubby fingers, fast finishing, classic Christmas tree shape. Some strains will finish flower in 8 weeks and start to die if pushed too far past 9 or 10 weeks. Fat mold prone buds, stacked solid main cola.

Sativa = Long skinny fingers, take forever to finish, 14+ weeks and they could have gone longer, never did have much if any amber, tall lanky plants with sparse buds.

Hybrids = a blend that can express a mix of characteristics from both parents.

BrassNwood

Veteran
I certainly have humidity issues, average of 85%...if I hang in the shop w/o a/c it takes over a week to dry...still a bit damp, then I go into screens and then the bags...I will watch like a hawk...
Over drying is the enemy. Well, you have to keep an eye out for mold the first day or 3 when it's still real wet. Never a problem here. Dry below 55% and it won't cure. You only get one chance to get it right. No do-overs on it.

BrassNwood

Veteran
It never fails come the day I've got some harvest hanging and more to go we'll get one of our "Santa Ana" wind events. Low pressure off the coast and high pressure over the desert sets up a 40+mph stone dry 3-to-7-day wind event with 9% humidity and that makes drying a real challenge. The whole greater Los Angeles basin gets blasted with up to 70mph gusts for a day or 3 or.....

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
For this harvest good enough is not going to cut it. I have put an inordinate amount of love and care in these plants and the genetics are off the chart. I am roughly 5050 today and I will take them first thing in the morning. A friend of mine told me to increase the potency. I should hang them in 60° temperature for about four days, I’ve never heard of that. If anybody has any valid thoughts on them I’d love to hear them… I have experience with this strain and it’s one of the best I’ve ever smoked so I’m taking all the care and precautions to make sure it’s the best it can be. Harvest of this quality pretty special in my eyes… The only downside I see with this particular strain is there so hard and dense they’re quite difficult to grind up due to all the resin inside the bud…
Getting stuck in the grinder is not a downside imo

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I learned to wash dishes in youth forestry camp. I have no problem doing dishes. I was a dishwasher for 2 years in college
I learned to wash dishes at home before I was school age, along with my three sisters.
I try to harvest when the trichs are about 30% amber.
Me too.
For this harvest good enough is not going to cut it. I have put an inordinate amount of love and care in these plants and the genetics are off the chart. I am roughly 5050 today and I will take them first thing in the morning. A friend of mine told me to increase the potency. I should hang them in 60° temperature for about four days, I’ve never heard of that. If anybody has any valid thoughts on them I’d love to hear them… I have experience with this strain and it’s one of the best I’ve ever smoked so I’m taking all the care and precautions to make sure it’s the best it can be. Harvest of this quality pretty special in my eyes… The only downside I see with this particular strain is there so hard and dense they’re quite difficult to grind up due to all the resin inside the bud…
I hang until the small stems snap and then jar. It usually takes about 5 to 7 days.

Littleleaf

Veteran
@bigsur51 Check this out. I have assassin bugs on every plant. The most I've ever seen.

Usually, I see grasshoppers on them. Not this year. Haven't seen 1. Wonder if you have assassin bugs up there? They could help with the grasshopper problem...

gardians.jpg
assasan hord 1.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts