What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear. Not better at all? I’m not pain free but better. You sure seem to get around ok….plus you are older than me.
Zero relief from either steroid injection or from the pretests for Radio Frequency Ablation. I continue to wait for a return call from the pain clinic for my next appointment to discuss options.

I still get around just fine, just not very far walking or very long standing. The pain goes away when I sit or lie on my sides, but sitting or lying very long gets painful on my butt and hips, so I do walking and standing in short spirts, and sit or lie down in between.

I can sit at my recumbent stationary bike without pain to exercise my legs and do all of my exercises at the gym sitting down. My longest walks are with the pup and I just grit my teeth and bear it. The pain never gets worse than about a dull 5 and fortunately is a bone on bone "groaner" pain versus a pinch nerve "shrieker" and it isn't shooting sciatic into my legs.

Only parts of me are older than you. Both my knees, the lens in my eyes, and half my teeth are way younger than you.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Zero relief from either steroid injection or from the pretests for Radio Frequency Ablation. I continue to wait for a return call from the pain clinic for my next appointment to discuss options.

I still get around just fine, just not very far walking or very long standing. The pain goes away when I sit or lie on my sides, but sitting or lying very long gets painful on my butt and hips, so I do walking and standing in short spirts, and sit or lie down in between.

I can sit at my recumbent stationary bike without pain to exercise my legs and do all of my exercises at the gym sitting down. My longest walks are with the pup and I just grit my teeth and bear it. The pain never gets worse than about a dull 5 and fortunately is a bone on bone "groaner" pain versus a pinch nerve "shrieker" and it isn't shooting sciatic into my legs.

Only parts of me are older than you. Both my knees, the lens in my eyes, and half my teeth are way younger than you.
My teeth are fine…

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Letter from Social Security coming today. Hope it's not about the $275 I got from some class-action a couple months back. Reminds me of this -
IRSnikkle.thumb.png.07d2a87568e772b3a0bfda395d119d53.png

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Wake up everybody…its MOANDAY!!!
I've got a moan about ridiculous snowflakery -

- Was just finishing up in the gym - and had to do 4 sets of shoulder presses - so approached the shoulder press machine to see some (approx) 13 year old kid sitting on it - playing a video game on his smartphone - so inquired with a soft voice - 'Are you using that machine - or playing games on your phone young man? - he responded - ' Oh I'm gonna use it' - so I found a chest press next to the shoulder press vacant - to work on and bide my time - till the kid finished - which he did after I'd done a coupla sets chest pressing - then did 4 sets of 40 kilos on the shoulder press machine - and when I was finished some twat with a hair bun on his head said to me - 'You shouldn't BULLY the kid - that's not right - and I says - 'Bully? - by asking him if he's working the machine or playing games on his phone - you obviously don't know the meaning of the word matey boy - then this pillock tells me he works at the gym - so I tells him that he should take his snowflakery over to the entrance desk and try and report me for bullying - just for asking this kid if he's playing games on his phone or working out - 'Go on then' - I says - 'let's see if that load of bollocks holds up with your boss - which I seriously doubt' - bun head wanders off - and I heard nothing more of it -

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran

- Was just finishing up in the gym - and had to do 4 sets of shoulder presses - so approached the shoulder press machine to see some (approx) 13 year old kid sitting on it - playing a video game on his smartphone - so inquired with a soft voice - 'Are you using that machine - or playing games on your phone young man? - he responded - ' Oh I'm gonna use it' - so I found a chest press next to the shoulder press vacant - to work on and bide my time - till the kid finished - which he did after I'd done a coupla sets chest pressing - then did 4 sets of 40 kilos on the shoulder press machine - and when I was finished some twat with a hair bun on his head said to me - 'You shouldn't BULLY the kid - that's not right - and I says - 'Bully? - by asking him if he's working the machine or playing games on his phone - you obviously don't know the meaning of the word matey boy - then this pillock tells me he works at the gym - so I tells him that he should take his snowflakery over to the entrance desk and try and report me for bullying - just for asking this kid if he's playing games on his phone or working out - 'Go on then' - I says - 'let's see if that load of bollocks holds up with your boss - which I seriously doubt' - bun head wanders off - and I heard nothing more of it -
Drama at the gym man. Have you thought about walking 5-6 days a week?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
A truck loaded with thousands of copies of Roget's Thesaurus crashed yesterday losing its entire load. Witnesses were stunned, startled, aghast, taken aback, stupefied, confused, shocked, rattled, paralyzed, dazed, bewildered, mixed up, surprised, awed, dumbfounded, nonplussed, flabbergasted, astounded, amazed, confounded, astonished, overwhelmed, horrified, numbed, speechless, and perplexed.

Meanwhile, those waiting for the shipment were at a loss for words.

IMG_2306.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

We have the same thing at our gym, with some of the patrons "resting between sets" at a machine, while gabbing with someone. Some of the denizens appear to use the gym for their social hour instead of exercise

Latest posts

Latest posts