What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Old Uncle Ben

Amazing you got 26 year old seeds to germinate ..talk about bringing back a blast from the past!

Yeah, am pretty proud of that. All I do is add some rice to a bag and store in the crisper. I also don't do the damp paper towel drill.

The other day I spread out my seeds collection on the dinner table and reminisced.

Had a friend who sourced kilos of some really good Mexican pot and saved the best of the best seeds. Being in south Texas and being choosy we used to get some really good Mexican pot. Some was trippy for about 1/2 hour with good long lasting high. Called it "acid weed", late 60's. Here's what's left of my friend's collection. I've given away 100's of seeds over the years and as far as I know there's been only one grower who grew any out and that was Zamal Gypsy gifted me. Unfortunately my friend did an outdoor grow and failed. Don't remember the reason.

Did a lot of crosses back in the day. Like this old Positronics Haze X Sensi Skunk. My first indoor grow. Was under 600W HPS lamp only. "S9" was just one of the smelly girls.

Another weird delivery - Dam-Sweden-my home.

Michaels Best.jpg Pos. Haze X Sensi Skunk.jpg Sensi Skunk.jpg

Magu🌈

Had a high in the greenhouse of 118F week ago. Lots of brown leaves on the avocado trees. This sucks but you can only go with the flow.

Just took this shot. Still stoked that ALL 26 year old crosses of Positronic Haze X Pos. Jack Herer germinated, and quick. Sowed these Aug. 14. Clothespin is only to provide support to a Golden Tiger.

View attachment 19052982
@Old Uncle Ben . How do you store your seeds ?

Old Uncle Ben

The progression went from Mexican to Jamaican to Colombian. The Colombian of the mid to late 70s was absolutely fucking incredible and it was $40 an ounce.

Yep. Funny, yesterday I pulled my 1988 book from Mel Frank, "Insider's Guide" and read his take on varieties. He loved Columbian and said this about Mex - "Mexican pot can be some of the best you can grow".

I grew Mex outdoors taking a huge chance years ago. Was a very nice UP high.

Goldhedge

That's high!
IMG_2360.PNG

The worst headache I ever had in my life, was due to altitude sickness in Alta, Utah
Drink lots of water! High altitude = very dry.

People sweat without realizing they sweat at high altitudes.

It's so dry (how dry is it?) the sweat drys off the body as you sweat!

It's so dry that shower towels dry in 2 hours!

Altitude sickness is dehydration and lack of O2.

Old Uncle Ben

that was my Bible Sir ! :redface: I learned a lot from that book.

The best, and one I recommended to many. Is/was grounded in good botanical sense, no gimmicks.

Then if you like lots of colored pix and comprehensive input on everything related to cannabis and end products like making oil, hash, etc. with input from the old Overgrow clan, there was Jorge's (aka George Patton) book. He gifted this before its release. He was one cool dude. Love his YouTube on "Do not remove the leaves!"

Jorge'sBookSigning.jpg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another walk in the books. Scissor duty today. Drinking lots of water do my hands don’t cramp…..
Have you checked out electric scissors for the bulk of your trimming?
I've heard the stories. You guys east and north got crap, often cut with oregano. Had some in Cleveland Ohio, was worthless.

Lowest we paid for an ounce aka a "lid" was $8. About a 4 finger bag. Usually about $10-12/lid.
We had $10 Mexican lids here and I occasionally got it for $8.
The progression went from Mexican to Jamaican to Colombian. The Colombian of the mid to late 70s was absolutely fucking incredible and it was $40 an ounce.
Throw Thai Sticks into that mix. Colombian here was $45/lid.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I read 3 books including Jorge's before attempting my first grow which was successful.

I am seeing double ..... trimming does that to me. Taking a break.....so far no hand cramping....

Hope all are having a good day....no time to catch up...

Back at it.