What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Old Uncle Ben

Good morning folks! Hope all are cool. We hit a high of 105F yesterday here in Texas. It's been a BITCH baby sitting my greenhouse. In spite of white shading compound on the roof and west side, a high pressure fogger driven with rain water, 18' ridge....I struggle to keep the temps below 112F. It's getting real old blasting the trees with rainwater about every 3 hours beginning at noon. Temps are supposed to drop in a few days.

In spite of that, it's worth it. There aint much I haven't grown for the last 50 years or so, see here on a few of the goodies. (No, there's no man eating carnivorous plants). https://www.icmag.com/threads/osmocote-my-favorite-plant-food-easy-peasy-complete.18126434/page-23

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Subgirl and dogzter are Statler and Waldorf
Statler_and_Waldorf_2.jpg

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
DB has been getting an earful the last few days.
Agreed and even though it's coming from a place of concern I don't think it's doing any good. Doober is one of those types that he's only gong to get serious about changing his habits when/if he's confronted with harsh reality. Even then he might still ignore things. Some pople are just that way unfortunately.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I was going to do my morning walk too, until I put on my shoe in the garage where a scorpion took up residency. SOB nailed my middle toe, stung like a bitch. Scorpions have almost been an epidemic here in central Texas this year.
I know of scorpions and have seen them for sale at pet store. Never thought of running into one. Did you kill it? I would get an animal that eats them. And tarantulas.

Old Uncle Ben

I know of scorpions and have seen them for sale at pet store. Never thought of running into one. Did you kill it? I would get an animal that eats them. And tarantulas.

Damn straight I killed it. I find them in the house quite a lot. I need to spray with a product called Tempo Ultra, which I have. It's odorless, safe for pets, what the pros use and then charge you $200 for what you can do for a buck. I've been stung on my chest and groin too laying down in the home theater taking a nap. Lots of rock around here, house exterior is limestone rock. They thrive in it.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was going to do my morning walk too, until I put on my shoe in the garage where a scorpion took up residency. SOB nailed my middle toe, stung like a bitch. Scorpions have almost been an epidemic here in central Texas this year.
Ouch! Empathy brother! They hurt!

There were a lot of them around in Texas and Oklahoma when I grew up there, so I can only imagine what an epidemic would be like...................

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Damn straight I killed it. I find them in the house quite a lot. I need to spray with a product called Tempo Ultra, which I have. It's odorless, safe for pets, what the pros use and then charge you $200 for what you can do for a buck. I've been stung on my chest and groin too laying down in the home theater taking a nap. Lots of rock around here, house exterior is limestone rock. They thrive in it.
I hate them….fortunately I don’t see them around here.

Latest posts

Latest posts