What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
View attachment 19051131 View attachment 19051132 I am about a half pound lighter. Feels like I have done about a thousand sit-ups. Doc said there was scarring on the gall bladder which I guess means there was trauma. In and out in under 4 hours. Not much pain associated with the sugaree yet but gonna get the oxy in case. I’m a bit of a fatty…
Damn you are sexy!

got my blood work back

after about a year on this keto carnivore diet where I been eating a lot of butter , lard , and beef tallow , I thought maybe my cholesterol numbers would be out of whack

Total cholesterol 189
HDL 55
LDL 92
Triglycerides 149

I was and am pleasantly surprised

also weight is down from 195 to 173 , my primo fighting weight

moar butter!
That's pretty good for a old fart!
Congratulations you are a example of what clean living looks like and I love it.
😍

oldmaninbc

I make all kinds of stuff with legs. I usually buy a giant pack when I go to Aldi they have pretty good prices on meat and it’s not china meat. My grocery store Harris teeter or Kroger meat prices are thru the roof so I buy what I can at Aldi first. Their vegetables are pretty nice and reasonable too but you can’t find everything there like good garlic
It's impossible to live a full content life without good garlic.

Even if your doctor tells you don't come into my office if you smell like garlic.

oldmaninbc

Not much going on in my tents today…… No trimming schedule today. Yay!

I have a big fishing Trip planned with my son, grandson and son in law in early October. I will be supplying flies fishing on the river. Just checked my stash of flies and it looks like I better get busy tying some. Good take the rest of the morning and figure out what I need to tie. Gonna be a bit rusty and I hope I remember how ha ha
Hi Pute, I bet with you it's like riding a bike, when it comes to tying flies.

Sounds like an enjoyable trip, fall fishing trips were always my favorite, with exceptions.
Is this an overnight adventure?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
b2ef353b233920618cd06cda9c5e1f3b-2113873035.gif

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
WAIT!!

Developments: Here comes my lawn guy. He hooked up a big strap to his longmotor and the tree. I reached in through the tangle and the saw came right out.

At that time, I shook hands with the guy with effusive thanks while Witchie-Poo dragged me back inside to lay down. With me carrying the saw, smiling like I had a fresh lobotomy. LATE EDIT ADD: I left the saw in the garage...

I will have to wait a coupla days (Witch-orders!) before I go back out and cut up the tree in pieces that the town will remove.

HOT SOOPER NEWS: My Afib is still there (will be until it ain't and I ain't) but it is down pretty much in the range it useta be. YAY.

A note for those here who may have -- or may someday have -- an Afib attack.

Do the Dr.Scooter thingy repeatedly:

Tongue pushed as hard as possible to roof of mouth while straining as if to take a dump... and hold that for 10-15 seconds. Repeat at intervals.
My first pacemaker checkup consisted of myself having to get the train up to Waterloo Station - then a 10 minute walk to St Thomas's hospital - for my appointment with the heart boffins - and this lady operative got me to take my shirt off - then put some widget on top of my pacemaker - that she could monitor on some tablet screen - and she told me that I was having Atrial Fibrillation for only 3% of the time since the last check - when they first installed the pacemaker - do you have a similar sorta check Walt? - and if so how much of the time are you in Afib? - she said that's why I have to be taking blood thinning meds (Edoxaban) - so the blood doesn't clot in a heart chamber when Afib happens - or it could lead to my early demise - so I take the meds - and get a pacemaker checkup every 6 months - and will have to take blood thinning meds - for the rest of my life - so blood clotting does not happen during Afib -

Oh - and the battery that runs my pacemaker should last for another 13 and a half years - before it needs changing surgically - must be some sorta suppa-duppa-duracell eh?

oldmaninbc

This is hilarious. I hope it works:

I seen the news this AM saying Canada would lower interest rates again soon. I understand for people like my son who has his home mortgage and rental properties, this is good news. What about the savers who are not financially investment competent or who are not well off and depend on the bank paying out enough in savings to keep your monetary value from sinking. It's beyond me how this all works, I just get the idea the average income person is nothing but a slave to the economic system.

Goldhedge

got my blood work back

after about a year on this keto carnivore diet where I been eating a lot of butter , lard , and beef tallow , I thought maybe my cholesterol numbers would be out of whack

Total cholesterol 189
HDL 55
LDL 92
Triglycerides 149

I was and am pleasantly surprised

also weight is down from 195 to 173 , my primo fighting weight

moar butter!
As I get older I'm finding out all the things they told were bad for us are what the body needs!

Goldhedge

Oh - and the battery that runs my pacemaker should last for another 13 and a half years - before it needs changing surgically - must be some sorta suppa-duppa-duracell eh?
I wonder why they can't induction charge the battery like they do for cell phones??

I seen the news this AM saying Canada would lower interest rates again soon. I understand for people like my son who has his home mortgage and rental properties, this is good news. What about the savers who are not financially investment competent or who are not well off and depend on the bank paying out enough in savings to keep your monetary value from sinking. It's beyond me how this all works, I just get the idea the average income person is nothing but a slave to the economic system.
They lower rates in the US and the whole system implodes. Watch them do it...

oldmaninbc

I get weed for my doc so Im ok 🙄 just kidding!!
I dont take kindly to the negative reaction to MJ
Far effn better than alcohol end of story
I cant stand drunks at all
can be argumentative over nothing ,experts in nothing, home wreckers. drive drunk .
Some old drunk drove thru a nail salon killed 4 folks ( a NYPD one)
We had some old fat rich drunken scum bag hit a boy scout on a field trip after fatso played golf and drank lunch.
So the same fuk who looks like he swallowed a football team drinks a bottle of wine and looks at me crooked .
In Italian we say "Bace mia culo"
I had a marriage with a woman for a short time who was controlled by her drinking.

Things that matter in life, meant nothing to her and things that did not matter became the biggest issue in life.
She had the nerve to diss my cannabis.
She couldn't hold a job and didn't know how to love in return.
I don't really want to go back over it. It was a absolutely a terrible time in my life. I'm glad I got out when I did.

oldmaninbc

Its amazing lap surgery
my opinion concerning oxys and what I did after my last procedure is accept everything!
Usually a one time deal and I saved the 10 they gave me for something I really may need it for!
Hope your recovery goes well and you go back to being oldfogey 8 ☝️
That's what I would do too. I went and looked at my pills and still have 30mg morphine pills from 2014 when I decided to cut my use to half the 30mg to 15mg. I have most of the surgery opioids from the last several years too. It's better to have them and not use them, then it is not to have them when you could use a day or two of them. Plus a hamburger or meatloaf helps too.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
I had a marriage with a woman for a short time who was controlled by her drinking.

Things that matter in life, meant nothing to her and things that did not matter became the biggest issue in life.
She had the nerve to diss my cannabis.
She couldn't hold a job and didn't know how to love in return.
I don't really want to go back over it. It was a absolutely a terrible time in my life. I'm glad I got out when I did.
Glad you got out too!
I have been with women who hated on weed as well......time for me to fly at the first squawk of that!