What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Must be nice…..my mom told me at 17 it was time to experience the world…..in other words….get out!
I was only 15 years old when > was told to leave home by my Mum - because after years of beatings from my older brother - I finally managed to kick his arse - so she sat us both down - and only looking at me said - 'one of you has to leave' -

Zivilpolizist

Veteran
I was only 15 years old when > was told to leave home by my Mum - because after years of beatings from my older brother - I finally managed to kick his arse - so she sat us both down - and only looking at me said - 'one of you has to leave' -
Seems like we all have those great moms. Mine is a hidden narcissist.
Took me almost 30 years to realize what happened in my childhood till early adult age.

Man, I really hate her.
Seeing my own daughter, I cannot understand how someone can't love his/her child unconditionally

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Yes...

No flop.
I guess it's unfamiliar to me because I tend to make my crusts on the thick side. Not as thick as a deep dish pizza but probably 2-3X thicker then those thin crust pizzas. So there's not really any flop to them, more of just a slight sag and only when loaded down with lots of toppings. 🍕😋

I do agree with the sentiment about it being made on a wood fitrd stove, it should be law that all pizzas be cooked on a wood fired stove. I also agree that the right crust makes or breaks the pizza. The best crust ever found came from an authentic Italian restaurant that was in the town I grew up in and the name of the restaurant was La Stressa. The crust was to die for in my opinion and consisted of many flaky layers that was remeniscent of a fine pastry. My family loved the pizza there so much we made it a traditon to eat pizza from there every friday night (Saturday was taco night). Unfortunately one fateful day the restaurant was destroyed by a fire and I guess the restaurant didn't have good insurance because the owners made no attempt of repairing it or opening in a new location. Which was kind of surprising because the place was always packed with customers. I never tried any of their other dishes but I heard their lasagna was also outstanding.

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I guess it's unfamiliar to me because I tend to make my crusts on the thick side. Not as thick as a deep dish pizza but probably 2-3X thicker then those thin crust pizzsa. So there's not really any flop to them, more of just a slight sag and only when loaded down with lots of toppings. 🍕😋
Next month is pizza month here. You will be required to show your best pizza slice. There will be prizes. 😊

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pizza must be nice and charred on the bottom and top crust and no flop means pizza should stand out to take a bite no flop down taking two hands.
Hear, hear! As has been spoken, thus shall it be!
Took me almost 30 years to realize what happened in my childhood till early adult age.

Man, I really hate her.
Seeing my own daughter, I cannot understand how someone can't love his/her child unconditionally
My mom always liked my sisters and the dogs best............................................

When I moved from Oklahoma to Oregon she was smiling and my dad told me he figured that I improved both places by moving.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user

My mom always liked my sisters and the dogs best............................................

When I moved from Oklahoma to Oregon she was pleased and my dad told me he figured that I improved both places by moving.
I was always in the way. Being told to leave made me tough…..street smart.

oldfogey8

IMG_3885.jpeg
IMG_3884.jpeg
IMG_3883.jpeg

It was 11 am and a pair of Downey woodpeckers felt I needed a reminder to PUT OUT THE FKING SUET CAGES!

Zivilpolizist

Veteran

When I moved from Oklahoma to Oregon she was pleased and my dad told me he figured that I improved both places by moving.
I feel you man. My elder sister also is her golden child.

She doesn't understand anything since she has always been treated more than fair by her.

Since I broke up the contact to my mother she also broke the contact to me and my daughter/her niece up.
Although we never had any problems with each other.

And my sister thinks I am the one who is beeing manipulated by his wife 🤯

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
slight jar, no flop? I'm not familiar with this terminology in connection with pizza, could you translate for me
Sure, slight char usually comes from a coal fired oven leaving a char or black spots, not jar…no flop refers to a semi rigid firm bottom crust due to the high heat…hold it on the back crust, fold the pizza so there is v formed and eat it… when I was a kid I would go to Angelo’s Pizza and there was a window in the front of the store where you place an order for a slice. That was best pie I ever had… When I worked at Lincoln Center, I was only blocks away from some of the best pizza in New York so break time I went to different pizza parlors, but never found one near as good as Angelo’s… maybe it was due to standing out in the snow while we ate our pie that made it special

HempKat

Veteran

Man, I really hate her.
Yes, it is difficult to understand and even I can say that without hesitation despite never having had any children of my own, other then my cats. My Mother was great, a lot like Doobers Mom but she didn't spoil me anywhere near as much but definitely showered me with love on a daily basis. My Father on the other hand was the problem parent for me. He was good as far as making sure I was well provided for as far as home, clothes, food, etc. But I learned early on when he came home you dare not interrupt him while he discussed the trials and tribulations he went thru at work with my mother. It was also understood to not expect anything from him until after he decompressed with a couple of bloody marys. He was never physically cruel with me although he was rougher on my two older brothers. By the time I was born my mother put an end to that nonsense. What really got to me was his mental cruelty. Whenever he got made he loved to let me and my brothers know that he wished we were never born and that we prevented him from being able to live the life he wanted. At least he wasn't like modern fathers that when they feel that way they just leave.

HempKat

Veteran
Sure, slight char usually comes from a coal fired oven leaving a char or black spots, not jar…no flop refers to a semi rigid firm bottom crust due to the high heat…hold it on the back crust, fold the pizza so there is v formed and eat it… when I was a kid I would go to Angelo’s Pizza and there was a window in the front of the store where you place an order for a slice. That was best pie I ever had… When I worked at Lincoln Center, I was only blocks away from some of the best pizza in New York so break time I went to different pizza parlors, but never found one near as good as Angelo’s… maybe it was due to standing out in the snow while we ate our pie that made it special
Okay got it, actually Subgirl already cleared that up for me but I appreciate hearing from the source what you meant. It was the jar thing that fooled me and no problem with the typo we all make them. Had you typed char I probably would have even figured the no flop part out but I was stuck on jar and so I never even really got to thinking about the no flop part too much.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts