What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

love to see a photo of that house

one of Swedes grandpas built one of the first houses in Ma

Swedes moms maiden name is Balch

The John Balch House, located at 448 Cabot Street, Beverly, Massachusetts, is one of the oldest wood-frame houses in the United States. It is now operated as one of the historic house museums of Historic Beverly, and open seasonally.

View attachment 19045938
I will post some pics later when we get back from helping him move. It doesn’t have as much character as Swede’s grandpa’s house. It is a beautiful piece of property though on 6 acres that backs up to the Squannacook Conservation area river. He pretty much bought it for the land.

oldfogey8

Hey oldfogey great conversation. Have you read Stephen Hawkings A Brief History of Time? I think you are correct with only being able to observe 1984 with a telescope...you probably couldn't really go there. Unless you could travel faster than light. There was talk of the Nazi bell project (a generator) being outfitted with a mirror on the ceiling which allowed viewers to see into the past. I don't buy it but cool story from WW2. We will get to 1984 old fogey and party with Sam Kinneson and Eddie Murphy and go to live aid and see Phil Collins and Eric Clapton ❤️🧠
As pute said, we are already in 1984, or at least a manifestation of George Orwell’s 1984 where new-speak is the state mandated language and thought-crime will land you in prison. I have read ‘A Brief History of Time’ though that was a long time ago.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
As pute said, we are already in 1984, or at least a manifestation of George Orwell’s 1984 where new-speak is the state mandated language and thought-crime will land you in prison. I have read ‘A Brief History of Time’ though that was a long time ago.
Here's a wonderful piece of musical satyr - thought you might like it oldman -

jokerman

Premium user
Agreed. ‘Warping’ to a place in space-time where you can see that past-reflected light doesn’t seem to me as though the space-time traveller would be able to interact with or alter the activity that occurred since you would only be observing the reflected photons, not the physical matter that reflected that light.
had to read that mofo twice

jokerman

Premium user

oldmaninbc

Our cat Melissa eats my seedlings, so I have to protect them in a cage until they get bigger. I planted winter wheat to see if that would give her the salad she needed and dissuade her from my garden, but alas it didn't work.
Hi GW, a good day to you
I tried several of the cereal grasses on my cat and oats was the clear winner.
If I didn't close the door to my grow room and opened up the tent, I think my cat smelled it and came looking for a salad. A little cat saliva never hurt anyone, from my cats perspective.

All the best GW

Zivilpolizist

Veteran
Agreed. ‘Warping’ to a place in space-time where you can see that past-reflected light doesn’t seem to me as though the space-time traveller would be able to interact with or alter the activity that occurred since you would only be observing the reflected photons, not the physical matter that reflected that light.
I think this is the first time that I am happy not being high while reading on ic 🤣

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love Prime Rib…rarely eat it though …..
Me too and yet I rarely eat it anymore either. We did bring enough home to eat it again later yet today.

Prime rib is the specialty of the restaurant that we ate at, and it was indeed prime and a succulent medium rare that melted in my mouth, after dipping in a mild horseradish sauce.

It came with spiced stir-fried broccoli and a stuffed baked potato and with creme brulee and a cherry tart for dessert.

I was able to only eat about half the 16 oz prime rib and the potato, but like a good little boy ate all my broccoli and desert.

Alas the meat trimmings barely made it past the back door once we go home

BrassNwood

Veteran
it’s true!…

anyone else still hang laundry outdoors?

feck that dryer and high elect bills!

View attachment 19045535
We use one.
it’s been awhile but I still love Irene

View attachment 19045792
PXL_20240807_182549850~2.jpg

The god fearing is whining and want this moved or removed. OMG the children are looking up her........
We had to wait a while for a clear picture as the tourists swarm her.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi GW, a good day to you
I tried several of the cereal grasses on my cat and oats was the clear winner.
If I didn't close the door to my grow room and opened up the tent, I think my cat smelled it and came looking for a salad. A little cat saliva never hurt anyone, from my cats perspective.

All the best GW
Good morning Old Man and all the best back at'cha!
bigarmhug.gif

Thanks! I'll give oat grass a try. I've only tried winter wheat, which Miss Layla liked to graze on, but not Melissa.

Latest posts

Latest posts