What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
In theory if you could travel faster than the speed of light, you could overtake the light that left 1984 and see what happened in 1984(with a super duper telescope I suppose) but the only thing we know of that is faster than the speed of light is gravity(maybe) since that may act instantaneously over almost infinite distances. Folding the fabric of space maybe? But it doesn’t seem to me that you would be ‘in’ 1984 as much as you would see the light reflected off of objects and happenings of 1984. Or maybe I smoked too much Heri-Berry last night…😂
We gonna put you at the kids table with Doober

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
good morning

first cup while I am waiting on the brownies to get done

IMG_2199.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In theory if you could travel faster than the speed of light, you could overtake the light that left 1984 and see what happened in 1984(with a super duper telescope I suppose) but the only thing we know of that is faster than the speed of light is gravity(maybe) since that may act instantaneously over almost infinite distances. Folding the fabric of space maybe? But it doesn’t seem to me that you would be ‘in’ 1984 as much as you would see the light reflected off of objects and happenings of 1984. Or maybe I smoked too much Heri-Berry last night…😂
There are certainly lots of Si Fi books and movies based on that theory and the physics is right moving faster that the speed of light for us to overtake light reflected in the past.

Extrapolating that into a time warp allowing us to not only witness but interact with man kind's past day to day events seems fanciful to Moi, but then I come from a small town.

Albeit a good scenario, that has been profitable for a lot of writers, unburdened with mankind's inability thus far to even achieve the speed of light or build such a powerful telescope.

Littleleaf

Veteran
Morning :good:

Wasn't woke up by throbbing hand. Guess the new dressing is doing the trick.... Now waiting for the antique candy striper to tend to my wounds. She knows what she's doing as she was burned too.

Hoping the rain makes it here before fizzling out.

Coffee kicking in, countering the effects of the pain pills.

:wave:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grow catnip. My cats ignore other plants and just focus on the good stuff…
I've grown catnip a couple of times for her, but Melissa was only mildly interested and still ravaged my seedlings.

Our past cats have been hit or miss as well. Some seemed intoxicated by it and rolled in it, while others ranged from less enamored to ho hum.

Last edited:

oldfogey8

There are certainly lots of Si Fi books and movies based on that theory and the physics is right moving faster that the speed of light for us to overtake light reflected in the past.

Extrapolating that into a time warp allowing us to not only witness but interact with man kind's past day to day events seems fanciful to Moi, but then I come from a small town.

Albeit a good scenario, that has been profitable for a lot of writers, unburdened with mankind's inability thus far to even achieve the speed of light or build such a powerful telescope.
Agreed. ‘Warping’ to a place in space-time where you can see that past-reflected light doesn’t seem to me as though the space-time traveller would be able to interact with or alter the activity that occurred since you would only be observing the reflected photons, not the physical matter that reflected that light.

oldfogey8

I've grown catnip a couple of times for her, but Melissa was only mildly interested and still ravaged my seedlings.

Our past cats have been hit or miss as well. Some seemed intoxicated by it and rolled in it, while others ranged from less enamored to ho hum.
I still don’t trust the cats with my cannabis plants but they leave my houseplants alone(probably because they don’t know it irritates me when they chew my houseplants- otherwise they would chew them to the roots-my current cats are assholes)…

oldfogey8

My cats both love catnip but Cleo just waits for a plant to be exposed to chew on. My Louie looks for any plastic he can find. Louie likes to hang around for a shotgun or two when we are burning one.
I had a cat as a young man named Robert Dylan Thomas(I felt clever in that he could be a Bobcat or a Tom Cat and I was listening to a lot of Bob Dylan at the time(but not reading Dylan Thomas)). He was a bud thief. My roommate thought I was pinching his bud tray until he saw Dylan sneak up, snatch a bud and scurry away to eat it.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
My oldest son is moving into his new-to-him house today that was built in 1766. It is the 6th house built in Shirley, MA. The Great Carnac predicts he is moving into a money pit…

love to see a photo of that house

one of Swedes grandpas built one of the first houses in Ma

Swedes moms maiden name is Balch

The John Balch House, located at 448 Cabot Street, Beverly, Massachusetts, is one of the oldest wood-frame houses in the United States. It is now operated as one of the historic house museums of Historic Beverly, and open seasonally.

IMG_2200.jpeg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Good morning brothers and sisters! View attachment 19045875 View attachment 19045876

Just another double gorgeous day in Paradise, starting at 62F and predicted to reach 87F.

We had an old friend drop by from the east coast and enjoyed his visit. Alas he is over twenty years younger than I am and is on a colostomy bag from colon cancer surgery and has two hernia surgeries that failed and have to be redone.

Birthday dinner out with Grayfox and NM at Clyde's Prime Rib. I ordered the 16 oz prime rib so that there were leftovers for Miss Layla and Melissa when we got home, and our breath examined.
I love Prime Rib…rarely eat it though …..

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Been up for over an hour and finally caught up. Between brewing tea for the girls and reading 5 pages here I am finally getting to say Good Morning.

Hope everyone is off to a good start. Another rainy day here. Feels like fall around here…house actually got kinda cool by sunrise. Should warm up nicely today.

Cool mornings make coffee better.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey oldfogey great conversation. Have you read Stephen Hawkings A Brief History of Time? I think you are correct with only being able to observe 1984 with a telescope...you probably couldn't really go there. Unless you could travel faster than light. There was talk of the Nazi bell project (a generator) being outfitted with a mirror on the ceiling which allowed viewers to see into the past. I don't buy it but cool story from WW2. We will get to 1984 old fogey and party with Sam Kinneson and Eddie Murphy and go to live aid and see Phil Collins and Eric Clapton ❤️🧠