What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
It ain't a game, @Gypsy Nirvana, so lemme tell you what arena you are putting yourself in by taking on caffeine in any form.

Your heart -- at this time as you read this -- has a permanently fucked up regulator. This regulator started months before you were pushed out as a squalling kid. This regulator functioned perfectly all those years on the Pacific Rim.

But that regulator, like a radio with a bad tube, turned bad. It was no longer able to give your heart the beat, beat, beat, beat it has done for decades.

You have been told to avoid caffeine. Specifically. The reason? Ever get a caffeine high? You know, you feel the coffee hit?

That is the caffeine OVERRIDING that weak radio tube that keeps you alive.

So what, you say. I can take it, you say. The statistics say fuck no, you cannot take it.

Why is that, Unca Walt? Well, because as you snigger and think you are naughty by sucking down your lovely coffee/tea, these chemicals create a direct pathway to that heart trigger -- and overcome it. Coffee will (not may -- WILL) create an override to your heart trigger that becomes permanent.

Can you get that through your head? A cup of coffee will UN-fucking-DO all that pain and gain you got by having heart surgery.

Next cup of tea/coffe/soda. THINK: Why the fuck did I bother with heart surgery if I am going to crash my heart into ribbons for a lousy fucking cup of coffee??

Have I made my point? I think not. Let me be more granular... the way My-Son-The-Board-Certified-Doctor explained it to me:

Caffeine = Death (Arguing the matter with God, Death Himself, or known medical facts does not alter the caffeine danger/result.)

I hope there is no humor or exaggeration seen in this post. I do not want to lose** one of the most interesting people I've ever met just because he did a totally avoidable stupid asshole unthinking life-style choice.

lose**<-- Learn of his death because he thought it was "naughty but fun" to hit coffee.
Come on, man, 2 liters of coffee is not that much. - Gypsy (probably) :(

jokerman

Premium user
Before retirement, my engineering program management job was sometimes highly stressful, so Grayfox had Heidi Ho's picture professionally taken and gave me a framed enlargement of the above photo, to hang over my desk at work as a stress relieving aid.
I gave my Honey a metal pic of our boy Mojo and everyday I look at my boy , every day .
Good Morning GW and to the rest of da Flock☝️

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gave my Honey a metal pic of our boy Mojo and everyday I look at my boy , every day .
Good Morning GW and to the rest of da Flock☝️
Good morning Jokerman!
bigarmhug.gif

Good idea! I have the same Heidi Ho picture as my window saver.

I get to face her every morning on my computer, after being nuzzled awake by Miss Layla, which is an upbeat way to start the day!

jokerman

Premium user
Good morning Jokerman! View attachment 19045085

Good idea! I have the same Heidi Ho picture as my window saver.

I get to face her every morning on my computer, after being nuzzled awake by Miss Layla, which is an upbeat way to start the day!
As I was wandering thru the groups galaxy I notice this Welcome to our new moderator for italian subforum
It was the Italian forum ,which made me think we should become friends with the folks at the Italian forum.
Their snack technology has been in place since Da Vinci.
I heard they had a thread on just braciole.
Have not seen my cousin Sal in years and I believe he is a member.
He has a degree in manicotti.

Unca Walt

420club
Come on, man, 2 liters of coffee is not that much. - Gypsy (probably) :(
You make a good point :(

A tablespoon of coffee one day might be the final stitch in the nerve ending that is permanently just barely functioning now. *SIP* [funny feeling... BLACK] ...annnd game's over.

But it felt so naughty, so... secretly rebellious... so satisfying to defy Death... until the heart goes into 200 beats a minute until the heart itself dies.

YOU READING THIS, @Gypsy Nirvana ? FREE medical consultation from a doctor who has saved literally thousands of people's lives -- including MINE, TWICE!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It ain't a game, @Gypsy Nirvana, so lemme tell you what arena you are putting yourself in by taking on caffeine in any form.

Your heart -- at this time as you read this -- has a permanently fucked up regulator. This regulator started months before you were pushed out as a squalling kid. This regulator functioned perfectly all those years on the Pacific Rim.

But that regulator, like a radio with a bad tube, turned bad. It was no longer able to give your heart the beat, beat, beat, beat it has done for decades.

You have been told to avoid caffeine. Specifically. The reason? Ever get a caffeine high? You know, you feel the coffee hit?

That is the caffeine OVERRIDING that weak radio tube that keeps you alive.

So what, you say. I can take it, you say. The statistics say fuck no, you cannot take it.

Why is that, Unca Walt? Well, because as you snigger and think you are naughty by sucking down your lovely coffee/tea, these chemicals create a direct pathway to that heart trigger -- and overcome it. Coffee will (not may -- WILL) create an override to your heart trigger that becomes permanent.

Can you get that through your head? A cup of coffee will UN-fucking-DO all that pain and gain you got by having heart surgery.

Next cup of tea/coffe/soda. THINK: Why the fuck did I bother with heart surgery if I am going to crash my heart into ribbons for a lousy fucking cup of coffee??

Have I made my point? I think not. Let me be more granular... the way My-Son-The-Board-Certified-Doctor explained it to me:

Caffeine = Death (Arguing the matter with God, Death Himself, or known medical facts does not alter the caffeine danger/result.)

I hope there is no humor or exaggeration seen in this post. I do not want to lose** one of the most interesting people I've ever met just because he did a totally avoidable stupid asshole unthinking life-style choice.

lose**<-- Learn of his death because he thought it was "naughty but fun" to hit coffee.
What age were you when you quit coffee Walt - and did you have a pacemaker ever for Atrial fibrillation? - I get a regular pacemaker check that tells me how my heart has been performing - and the first one told me that the Atrial fibrillation is only happening 3% of the time - and I don't think that it's naughty but fun to hit coffee at all really - nor do I snigger at what is most probably good advice from you - it's a regular daily thing for me - and has been since I was around 10 years old - so probably (more than likely) - an addiction -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Actually, it was DuPont and other major synthetics companies along with paid, crooked senators. Hemp makes great rope. Has for centuries.

Nylon could not compete with cost and viability, so in true 'Merkin political fashion, out came the documentary, "Reefer Madness" and other stuff. The end result of this collossal drumbeat was the draconian anti-cannabis laws found worldwide. Who controls the press and controls senators makes the laws for us all.

Right out of "The Godfather", it was "just business". And so it has remained in some fashion/degree to this day.

By the mid-1930s cannabis was regulated as a drug in every state, including 35 states that adopted the Uniform State Narcotic Drug Act. The first national regulation was the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937.
Yup - I'm fully aware of all of that Walt - having known Jack Herer - and read his book 'The Emporer Wears No Clothes' - cover to cover - several times - its very interesting - and I wish that more people would take the time to learn about it -

Old Uncle Ben

@SubGirl Glad to hear you came through alright.
Hoping the dilation will wear off very soon and you
will then reap great benefits from the surgery :)

I am so far out of the concert loop, sigh.
Had I known this was going on last night,
I'd had been there.
Great venue and have seen many shows there.

Who hasn't Billy Strings played with?
Well Phish, that's who.

Sorry Mr. Sub... no banjo in this one :D

Good mornin' from hot Texas!

I have a concert from Austin City Limits saved. Great songs but the one that really stands out is this one. 10 minutes or so of insane jamming. Surprised the guitar doesn't catch on fire from the friction!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
It occurred to me to back up my DuPont accusation with proof.

Lookit and weep snot:

"...at that time, families of wealthy and powerful businessmen and newspapermen were threatened by the growing use of cannabis, especially the Du Pont family, who originally made their fortune from gunpowder.

"It was further reported by Project CBD that the Du Pont company was developing synthetic fabrics, and had to compete against hemp.

“Du Pont feared competition from hemp as a fiber,” said David Bearman of Huffington Post.

Bearman described how the tension was solely based on oil.

"The Du Pont company had invented cellophane — a type of plastic — made with petroleum, which was about to become the standard packaging for most American goods, Bearman explained.

"They also had just invented nylon — a “revolutionary carbon-based product [that] came from chemicals found in petroleum,” according to the American Oil and Gas Historical Society.

"Hemp fiber, however, was the first plastic to be made with plant oils, which could become a competition for Du Pont’s products, Bearman continued.

"According to Forbes, every part of the hemp plant could be used for materialistic products such as textiles, canvas, rope paper and animal bedding. Hemp is also edible — the seeds are high in protein and essential fatty acids, while the oil can be used for cooking, paints and most importantly… plastics.

"Because of the potential for competition, experts claimed that the family wanted to kill the cannabis industry with The Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 to protect their industrial interests..."

https://theemeraldmagazine.com/did-the-du-pont-family-catalyze-cannabis-prohibition/

I post this so there is at least one dirty sin we really cannot blame on Big Pharma. We gotta expand our horizons to see how minuscule The Godfather was in his bidness. A piker. A beggar in the street compared to the real gangsters.
Check out Ansling. He was appointed as bureau of narcotics director by DuPont, to get rid of hemp which was competing against nylon and stuff

jokerman

Premium user
As I was wandering thru the groups galaxy I notice this Welcome to our new moderator for italian subforum
It was the Italian forum ,which made me think we should become friends with the folks at the Italian forum.
Their snack technology has been in place since Da Vinci.
I heard they had a thread on just braciole.
Have not seen my cousin Sal in years and I believe he is a member.
He has a degree in manicotti.
heres what I mean☝️

jokerman

Premium user
I'm awake. 730. Watching the news, smoking ice hash. Enjoying a grizzly snuff dip. Blood in poop again. Had to wipe blood. Ugh colorectal surgery
Not that you asked ,but ,if I may ,you should consider telling that to your Dr. .
Not us ,or your Mom or the starbucks lady.
Think of how your Mom takes hearing your troubles with your stern .
Want to make your Momma happy?
Take care of yourself for her.
Can't imagine ( God forbid) the time comes when you need to take care of YOUR Mother and you are unable.
Only best intentions meant☝️

Unca Walt

420club
What age were you when you quit coffee Walt - and did you have a pacemaker ever for Atrial fibrillation? - I get a regular pacemaker check that tells me how my heart has been performing - and the first one told me that the Atrial fibrillation is only happening 3% of the time - and I don't think that it's naughty but fun to hit coffee at all really - nor do I snigger at what is most probably good advice from you - it's a regular daily thing for me - and has been since I was around 10 years old - so probably (more than likely) - an addiction -
What I read above is denial. Just simple denial that I must get past to reach your intellectual being.

"It can't happen to me."

"Only three out of one hundred beats of my heart are fucked up. I CAN TAKE IT."

"Doesn't hurt."

The "daily thing" with coffee has to STOP. The damage from EVERY sip of coffee is not in the slightest painful. But it is PERMANENT. You have had the pleasure of hudreds of gallons of coffee. OK. Now put that one to bed. That time is over.

I clearly did not get the mechanism across to you. Let me try an analogy using your words:

Your pacemaker covers your UNworking heart regulator. It gives your heart a shot at a steady rate. Shot-pump. Shot-pump. YAY. It works.

BUT! OK the fargin gadget set up gives the folks back at the horsepisstol your steady, nice heartbeat.

What it DOES NOT, AND CANNOT FUCKING DO IS STOP THE EXTRA SHOTS THAT CAFFEINE WILL TRIGGER. <-- The caffeine just adds shots. Until you no longer are you.

It will NOT SAVE YOU when your heart trigger is overridden by caffeine and it locks into 200 beats a minute until either you get a blood clot in that little corner of your upper left ventrical which comes loose and gives you your final brain explosion, or your nice pacemaker-that-cannot-save-your-heart becomes moot in its function.

Oh, rest assured @Gypsy Nirvana , the hospital people recording will most ricky-tick become aware of you either dying from a heart attack, or having a huge brain aneurysm leaving you with the great ability to imitate a large dill pickle.

Go ahead and drink your coffee if it is worth your brain and life. You have been educated. Go ahead and collect your coffee-stroke. You do not need that half of your face and body anyway w hen you get paralyzed instead of just plain fucking dead. No problem. They are recording it at the hospital.

Just do not tell me even by hints, or I will keep after you until your life becomes hell just from me trying to save your ass.

Goddamn' denial makes doctors crazy. <-- In Scooter's case, he convinced me. I used to start every day with one full quart of straight black out of the pot. I needed it. I wanted it, and deserved it. And I have not touched it since Scotty showed me some people...

Old Uncle Ben

Sorry to hear about you condition, Unc. I know how difficult those times can be, hopefully you have a good support system of friends and family.

I'm right behind you brahda.. fusion, laminectomy and discectomy at l5-S1. Surgery in '12 or '13, so I'm about maxed out. Started having more pain 4 months ago but am on a program of getting as much shit set up before Im out if commission. Hopefully I have more time than I think.

Be well
Steele

More power to you! Have you had a steroid epidural injection? It's really helped with the pain, 3 days later. Also suggested is a spinal stimulation. Look into that if you haven't already, and good luck!

With all the other crap like herniated discs, stenosis, etc. I have a rare disease called arachnoiditis, clumping of nerves. We can see it in the MRI images. I'm just hoping it's not progressive. Being on a farm, having a greenhouse, small vineyard, which requires a lot of maintenance I need to move.

Take care

Latest posts

Latest posts