What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Spoke to a Brother of mine who had gone thru what you are going thru.
He felt the minute his pup stopped wagging her tail he knew.
Hard times
What’s the most difficult part of this is seeing his abilities decline rapidly. He and Ivan are best friends and they’re always hanging out together. I have learned vacuuming Every day is a necessity when you have an old dog that is failing… I still see the love and alertness in his eyes but now they’re accompanied by what looks like fear… The day that the spark isn’t there is the day that I will have to take care of things

Steele Savage

Boutique Breeder
Veteran
Good morning folks.

Fuck me.....new MRI shows my back is about toast with a rare disease called arachnoiditis, and clumping of nerves, severe disc degeneration, stenosis, etc. Had an epidural steroid spinal for pain management couple of days ago which has helped but knowing things will only get worse is a bummer. Years ago I had a fusion, rods and screws, on my lumbar. Looks like I'll be going back under the knife again. Things to look forward to LOL.

Salud!
Uncle Ben

Sorry to hear about you condition, Unc. I know how difficult those times can be, hopefully you have a good support system of friends and family.

I'm right behind you brahda.. fusion, laminectomy and discectomy at l5-S1. Surgery in '12 or '13, so I'm about maxed out. Started having more pain 4 months ago but am on a program of getting as much shit set up before Im out if commission. Hopefully I have more time than I think.

Be well
Steele

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
So my last visit to the eye doc, she said she had trouble getting my eyes to dilate So she used “the good stuff” for this mornings procedure. She said it might take 2-3 days to wear off. My left eye looks like a Halloween cat.

anyways it got me thinking I wondered if there was any relationship between using cannabis daily to the effect of those drops to dilate one’s eyes. (Especially using daily like I do…)

‘couldn’t find a direct answer to see if any studies are out there but did run into this and somehow I think it may play a part as visual processing involves the pupil.

Marijuana also affects the orbitofrontal cortex - the region of the brain associated with decision making and response to rewards. This can affect visual processing, influencing how you perceive colors, motion, and even depth. It’s quite the ride for your retinas!

jokerman

Premium user
So my last visit to the eye doc, she said she had trouble getting my eyes to dilate So she used “the good stuff” for this mornings procedure. She said it might take 2-3 days to wear off. My left eye looks like a Halloween cat.

anyways it got me thinking I wondered if there was any relationship between using cannabis daily to the effect of those drops to dilate one’s eyes. (Especially using daily like I do…)

‘couldn’t find a direct answer to see if any studies are out there but did run into this and somehow I think it may play a part as visual processing involves the pupil.

Marijuana also affects the orbitofrontal cortex - the region of the brain associated with decision making and response to rewards. This can affect visual processing, influencing how you perceive colors, motion, and even depth. It’s quite the ride for your retinas!
I may have to read that tomorrow morning Subie 🙄

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
not well at all...he's falling while eating dinner so now I feed him while he's laying down...his discipline has been given wide berth...I look into his eyes many times a day and see frustration is evident...I give him most of my love and I hang with him about every night after dinner...it's hard on me as he's the best and most loving companion I've ever had...it will crush me when the time comes and it's my decision...he's still has a spark of life in him that will forever live in my heart...

What’s the most difficult part of this is seeing his abilities decline rapidly. He and Ivan are best friends and they’re always hanging out together. I have learned vacuuming Every day is a necessity when you have an old dog that is failing… I still see the love and alertness in his eyes but now they’re accompanied by what looks like fear… The day that the spark isn’t there is the day that I will have to take care of things
Got me right in the heart with you wish there was a easy way I pray he passes in his sleep.

Novacaine barely works on me at all and the last time I got put out it took a lot the same for my wife.
Has something to do with the receptors in our brain according to the science
We always mention our heavy cannabis vaping to the dentist and anesthesiologists.
Always been a good conversation once we get established we don't smoke and it isn't carts.
Doing great after yesterday's dental fiasco got all my choors done and some new glasses.
No pain,bleeding or swelling but I am getting hungry.
😆

oldmaninbc

Wasn't there some information about using cannabis prior to the procedure you had done, I don't remember exactly what you said but I remember you saying something?

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Wasn't there some information about using cannabis prior to the procedure you had done, I don't remember exactly what you said but I remember you saying something?
Yes anesthesiologists don’t want you using cannabis before a procedure. my kidney docs anesthesiologist will cancel your surgery if you own up to smoking 48 hours prior to surgery

oldmaninbc

Yes anesthesiologists don’t want you using cannabis before a procedure. my kidney docs anesthesiologist will cancel your surgery if you own up to smoking 48 hours prior to surgery
When I had the hernia surgery... pre surgery the nurse phones and tells you information and any restrictions. She told me I shouldn't use cannabis for 48 prior to surgery. I told her about my condition with chronic pain.

In the end the nurse told me, tell the doctor about your cannabis use but don't do it on the day of the surgery. I told the doctors involved I used cannabis right up until the evening before surgery. When they put me out, they did not inject me with anything but used some kind of gas to put me out. That was different from all my other surgeries.

I hope your feeling better tomorrow Sub

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
The last place they knocked me out when I had a procedure done. They gave me too much anesthesia. It was a strange hospital to me and I wasn’t comfortable walking in the door and I puked for six hours because of what they did… I won’t smoke anything prior to surgery, but I’ll be damned if I won’t smoke at the night before… the older, I get the more disappointed I am about doctors in general

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
IMG_9254.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts