What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
This is pretty good GF bread. I make French toast and grilled cheese with it for my granddaughter she eats it toasted with butter for breakfast too. There are a few other GF breads that are not bad so you got to try a few to get your groove on.
IMG_0299.jpeg

jokerman

Premium user
I tend to not be a person of undue extremes. I simply switched to Rye Bread instead, and the problem vanished. No abstinence required. Bread of some sorts is a major staple in most Westerner's lives. Think what yours would be like without any sort of bread whatsoever :( . You can always quit altogether if that doesn't work .. Easy, peazy. (y) :)
Toasted rye is a thing of beauty

imiubu

She called late last night after she got a CT scan, there is some kind of blockage in her bowel and they will know better today what is going to happen. The doctor said there may be a way to return the bowel normal without surgery but they did not know for sure last night. When she calls me today I will have a better understanding what happens next.
Thank you kindly for asking.
I'm sorry that she is suffering through this, and that you are also suffering for her :(
The pain must be horrendous. I hope they find and correct her issue ASAP and she
is soon home again🤞🤞🤞

Gentle hugs coming out along the wire for the both of you.

oldmaninbc

Thank you imiubu, there was some possible good news a while ago. They think rather than a crohn's problem they think it might be related to all the scar tissue she has. They are trying to free up the blockage using a medication before contemplating surgery. A medication they give patients when they are trying to diagnose issues while scanning the intestine can cause blockages to come undone. They are trying that first, the doctors said this is kind of like a side effect from medication used in the scanning an image. Not actually used for this purpose. She has had many surgeries for crohn's and has considerable scar tissue.

Hopefully it works.

imiubu

3rd. dead squirrel I've found on our property this year.
This one I found in the driveway today just a few short minutes ago.
He/ she looks like it was trying to find shelter from the sun and just died
there in the shade cast by the back end of the truck.

I've already disposed of the other two I found earlier in the year, sigh.
I text the young man downstairs, explained the situation and asked if
he would bag it and put it in his trash cart (that goes out in the a.m.).

He text back immediately; "I can do that".
Cool.
The flies were all green and buzzin' and this gal just cannot
deal with a dead animal right now. :(

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I just put a tray in my closed guest room bathroom shower to dry. The smell is in the hallway and prolly the whole house even thru two closed doors.
After my last harvest I had my High Chew in the dry cure tent for a couple of days hanging and my daughter and son in law stopped by and the first thing they said was....whew, nice harvest.

I think we are around the smell so much we get used to it and don't realize the average person will instantly smell it.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Just think of all the friends and bought friends you would have with that kind of money.

The gov't does not have any obligations for how they spend tax payer money, must be nice to have the keys to the printing press with no obligations or to be held accountable. No gov't is immune to reckless spending.

Canada use to be able to borrow money from itself(Bank of Canada), then Pierre Trudeau came along(1974) and changed it, so the gov't would have to borrow money from private banks instead. Some one pocketed a lot of money after that decision. Tax payers lost out big time.
Well said.....how can some be so blind and not see what is happening. The next 6 months are gonna be frighting. Last chance to farg up more of his legacy.

Dime

My Mum divorced my Dad when I was 6 years old - after he threw her against a shelf - and busted up some lumbar vertebrae - so she was in hospitals for a coupla years or so - but it never really got fixed so well - but she did manage to have 3 other kids from some other bloke - who I detested - and was more concerned with raising them well - than me and my brother and sister -

- I always found a way to make money working though - and pretty much supported myself thru my early teens - and split home when I was just 15 years old - because my older brother (18 months older) - kept getting violent with me - and I finally kicked his arse - and was told to leave home - but I always read many books - and was top of the class in history - biology - and geography - when I dropped out of school - and then moved to a squat in central London after couch surfing for a while - managed to get some work doing all sorts of things - and survived on my own in the world -

I don't regret any of it - it was what it was - and since then mostly - I've had a great life -

Latest posts

Latest posts