What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Left The Grind in 2004, then like a nut started my own Grind - ag biz, vineyard, greenhouse, garden. This farm is getting harder to maintain as time marches on.

'Back'ing off, literally. MRI of the lower lumbar being read by a pain management doc yesterday showed lots of stenosis. Already have rods/screws fusion, narrowing of spinal fluid, pinching. Hard to walk these days. Steroid epidural set up for Monday. If that doesn't work, back under the knife with a neurosurgeon.

Growing old sucks....
Spot on Ben. That's the one thing I didn't count on or even consider. Growing old and my body wearing out. I was fine until I hit 70......Sure speed bumps before 70 but I suddenly hit a wall.

Energy level isn't anything like it use to be. I get worn out after almost nothing. Constant Dr visits. Plus it is hard to get a good nights sleep.....I dwell on things that aren't getting done. Plus I had 80 employees. Today I am Mrs Pute's employee. My balance is unsteady at best. I have to be careful not to fall now. Frustrating. Plus stairs....I can still get up them but slowly.

I will keep on Truck'n as long as I can but every year things move a bit slower.

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Out to the veggie garden to see what can be harvested today. Veggies make you shit like a pigeon......I am gonna be ok today though.....It's my brother in laws Birthday and we are taking him out to dinner.....RED MEAT is in my near future.

oldmaninbc

Spot on Ben. That's the one thing I didn't count on or even consider. Growing old and my body wearing out. I was fine until I hit 70......Sure speed bumps before 70 but I suddenly hit a wall.

Energy level isn't anything like it use to be. I get worn out after almost nothing. Constant Dr visits. Plus it is hard to get a good nights sleep.....I dwell on things that aren't getting done. Plus I had 80 employees. Today I am Mrs Pute's employee. My balance is unsteady at best. I have to be careful not to fall now. Frustrating. Plus stairs....I can't still get up them but slowly.

I will keep on Truck'n as long as I can but every year things move a bit slower.
I bet you got a few miles left on the odometer yet.
If Mrs. Pute wasn't around, there would be fine female customer, driving you off the lot.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Left The Grind in 2004, then like a nut started my own Grind - ag biz, vineyard, greenhouse, garden. This farm is getting harder to maintain as time marches on.

'Back'ing off, literally. MRI of the lower lumbar being read by a pain management doc yesterday showed lots of stenosis. Already have rods/screws fusion, narrowing of spinal fluid, pinching. Hard to walk these days. Steroid epidural set up for Monday. If that doesn't work, back under the knife with a neurosurgeon.

Growing old sucks....

How in the hell Mick Jagger does it I don't know. Speaking of Mr. Jagger, Stones were at this year's New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. Didn't go, tickets sold out within hours. Great music though as usual. At $110/day it's a bargain. Jon Bonamassa, Bonnie Raitt, Earth Wind and Fire, Neal Young.....were cool. Not to be missed - Nat. WWII Museum.

My favorite singer was Rhiannon Giddens. What a gal.

I know some folks that went to that. We both love Rhiannon Giddens.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Talking of Zombies - we get alot of what I call PHONE ZOMBIES - around these parts - people that walk at you - so totally engrossed in their smart phones - that they don't see anything else but their phones - and are not even aware of what's coming at them - even if it is another PHONE ZOMBIE

- and the other day - I witnessed two PHONE ZOMBIES crashing into each other - which made me bellow with laughter so much so - when their two phones crashed to the pavement - and they both had that shock and awe look on their faces - that they both turned on me - verbally - as if I should have had some sympathy for those two idiots - instead of looking at the situation as COMEDY GOLD!

- because the tension has been building within me for a coupla years or more now - with myself having to move over for oncoming PHONE ZOMBIES on countless occasions - then seeing two of them walk into one another right in front of me - was a huge hysterical relief - and even when the two of them were scrambling around picking up their fractured phones - I just couldn't stop laughing - at their misfortune - and told them - thru a barrage of very mundane expletives - '

'You should both get matching T-shirts - with 'PHONE ZOMBIE!' - emblazoned across the front of them - just so that everyone approaching you knows!' - then I walked on - feeling very satisfied 😌 -
i feel sort of sorry for those idiots,and at the same time think they're frickin weak minded idiots...smart phones are clearly one of the dumbest things ever invented...however occasionally useful they may be

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
You going to pack me a ham sandwich for my trip to Metallica? I like flavor blasted goldfish 👍
Yep got it all packed up in here. Even a thermos of milk in there for you.
IMG_2974.jpeg
IMG_2975.jpeg

Goldhedge

Examining Rising Deaths: Who's Really Responsible? | The Way I Heard It​

Mike Rowe and Gavin de Becker delve into the realities of excess mortality in America on this episode of The Way I Heard It. They explore critical issues surrounding unexpected deaths and examine the factors contributing to this concerning trend.