What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
image0.jpg

jokerman

Premium user
Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
A special greeting to DB to wish you happy anniversary to earth. Like Pute, mine or more somber.

See you tomorrow! (y):)
Have a great day ! be careful its a jungle out there .Everybody's talkin☝️

Steele Savage

Boutique Breeder
Veteran
I have a few memorable times working in the forest but my favorite is...we were contracted to do an inventory of trees in a high elevation area. As we started our grid system I began to notice a difference in my environment. We were working an area that had never been logged, mined or disrupted in any way. This was an unique experience, everything was noticeably big and there was this spiritual feeling of being in a place that had never been disturbed by human hand. It's hard for me to describe something so ethereal and different to my life I was overwhelmed by the intangible nature of the place. I still feel the strength of that experience many many years later.
This video optimizes how I feel logging out timbers on my property (brings a tear to my eye).. I work with an ol timer, he turns 70 this yr, someone who ran heavy equipment, building highways out here.. he's had some logging experience, so it's good to have his eye on some of the work I've done. If I was in my younger yrs, I DEFINITELY would have gotten into logging, professionally... I love it

I too get that spiritual vibe, being outside with such old and living organisms.. I DO believe our Creator gave us the wilderness to recharge, among other things.

imiubu

Break time.
Another pot of java + a few hit's of Mango will get me back into motion.

Holy cripes peoples have I collected a shit ton of stuff.
Mostly clothing esp. since over the last 2 years I've went
down 7 clothing sizes. Each time I went down a size,
I of course went and thrifted new wardrobes each time haha.
Even @ somewhere between $2 - $8 bucks per item...
I've spent a fair amount of cash on used items :eek:
As I began bagging things up, I was doing a tally @ $4 each item.
I had to stop as I was becoming depressed lol.

Thinking that instead of simply donating everything, I'll list
the entire lot for a set price for resellers/ rummage/ garage
sellers. I have spent a hefty amount and am going to try
to recoup some. If I get no takers... donation it is.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
A very Happy Birthday to Doober, may it be all you hope for and more. Also may your team in the game tonight have a great victory. Sufficient enough to properly mark your birthday as a date that will be remembered long into the future. 🥳🎂:happybirthday::smoke:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
A very Happy Birthday to Doober, may it be all you hope for and more. Also may your team in the game tonight have a great victory. Sufficient enough to properly mark your birthday as a date that will be remembered long into the future. 🥳🎂:happybirthday::smoke:
Thank you hempkat! It's going to be a good day! I'm at the coffee shop now but sadly nobody has shown up. At least I tried 👍

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
My son is up from Kansas with his family to attend Cheyenne frontier Days. He's coming back through Denver and we're having breakfast this morning on his way back to Kansas. Should be interesting.

Couple of my starts are showing Roots this morning. Yay.

When I get back from breakfast I've got some work to do. More prep work on the carpet installers coming. And working the garden both inside and out.

Last edited:

OleReynard

Good morning :)

Rough night of tossing and turning, finally said screw it and got up at 4 a.m.
Gonna be one looooong day!

It ain't over til it's over. Keep on doing what you love until then :)

Thought I would look to see if Dweezil Zappa has any plans to tour this year.
YAY... after 4 years he's back on the road. Nearest concert is 8/18 at Royal
Oak Music Theater.
He will be combining the works of Roxy and Elsewhere and Apostrophe.
Should be phenominal. I saw his last tour late 2019 and it was sweet.

Going to talk to the young man across the way today, to whom I gifted some plants
to again this year, to see if he may want to go. He is a 'music' head and enjoys
many genres. Not sure if he knows Zappa music.

I'll buy the tix, gas, food (if we want to grab some grub) and of course, supply
the herbal accompaniments :) All he has to do is drive and have one hell of
a musical experience.
I hope he says yes. Tix are going fast as I'm late in my discovery.

Guess I'll head on up to the attic for another round of purging.

Hope each of you have a most awesome day :)

Sounds like a good time

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts