What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Here is a picture of the living room

20151216_154251.jpg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Here is the River. This was taken about a mile down stream.....one of my favorite fishing spots. Not photo opped. Just came out this way.

2015-10-02 18.32.36.jpeg

That water looks like it is 6" deep......nope. About knee deep and waist deep on the other bank. This is the head waters of the Colorado and it is gin clear this time of year.

OleReynard

Here is the River. This was taken about a mile down stream.....one of my favorite fishing spots. Not photo opped. Just came out this way.

View attachment 19038558
That water looks like it is 6" deep......nope. About knee deep and waist deep on the other bank. This is the head waters of the Colorado and it is gin clear this time of year.
Pute this your place or where you're moving to?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Pute this your place or where you're moving to?
I had condos (rentals) I build in 2000. Built that cabin in 2006 with the intention of selling this place in Denver and moving up there when I retired in 2009. However, this is one of the coldest parts of the state and summers are short. That Lopi stove came in real handy from Oct to May. Not unusual to get to 30 below or colder in Jan and Feb.

After a couple of winters there was NO way Mrs Pute was gonna move up there. Sold the condos in 2015 and the cabin a few years ago.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Tomorrow - my 14 year old son if off to Army Cadets Summer Camp 🏕 - for 9 days we will be missing him dearly - my wife has never had him gone for longer than 2 days in the past - and she's kinda sad about that already 😢 - but the boy is over the moon with excitement with massive expectations of fun and the joy of being able to learn the practical field craft that army life brings - so I'm kinda catching a buzz from his super-upbeat attitude - and wish that I could go with him - 😆
i grew up loving the outdoors and bushcrafting things! i still camp rough* sleeping in the back of my truck when we go to the desert
its a great experience for a young man to get out in the wild amongst other young men of like mind and just have fun! learn to tie knots, make fires and all kinds of other cool guy sht

pictured below: not cool guy shit
trk.jpg

* i have a sleeping pad plus an air mattress in there, plus a pillow
i might as well be staying at the ritz!

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
i grew up loving the outdoors and bushcrafting things! i still camp rough* sleeping in the back of my truck when we go to the desert
its a great experience for a young man to get out in the wild amongst other young men of like mind and just have fun! learn to tie knots, make fires and all kinds of other cool guy sht

pictured below: not cool guy shit
View attachment 19038566

* i have a sleeping pad plus an air mattress in there, plus a pillow
i might as well be staying at the ritz!
I used to backpack into high mountain lakes and sleep on the ground. Now with back and sciatica issues I only sleep in a bed and have a hard time sleeping there. Unfortunately my camping days are over.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tomorrow - my 14 year old son if off to Army Cadets Summer Camp 🏕 - for 9 days we will be missing him dearly - my wife has never had him gone for longer than 2 days in the past - and she's kinda sad about that already 😢 - but the boy is over the moon with excitement with massive expectations of fun and the joy of being able to learn the practical field craft that army life brings - so I'm kinda catching a buzz from his super-upbeat attitude - and wish that I could go with him - 😆
so he's learning to colonize other countries?:ROFLMAO:
🇬🇧

OleReynard

I had condos (rentals) I build in 2000. Built that cabin in 2006 with the intention of selling this place in Denver and moving up there when I retired in 2009. However, this is one of the coldest parts of the state and summers are short. That Lopi stove came in real handy from Oct to May. Not unusual to get to 30 below or colder in Jan and Feb.

After a couple of winters there was NO way Mrs Pute was gonna move up there. Sold the condos in 2015 and the cabin a few years ago.
Looks like a place I'd like to be

oldmaninbc

You thinking of downsizing and getting a smaller place? A place in Florida?
Hey DB, it's not so much that we have a big place(we own a mobile home) but I am getting past the days of doing maintenance. I have to go up on the roof sometimes and that can be dangerous for me. Because of my spinal issues I can lose my balance easily. I am just not up to it any longer

A person I knew from where I lived previously, fell, damaged himself while doing home repairs went into the hospital and caught an infection and died. Him and I had went fishing together. We drank, smoked and had fun together. He also spoke up for me to his bosses and got me interviews with all the different management personal at the particle board plant. We worked together. One of our fishing trips was fantastic, it gave me a life long memory.

I have a marijuana possession charge from decades ago for a few joints. I am a undesirable at the border, my wife is a US/CDN citizen so it would be possible to move to the US. But I am not so sure she would want to move far. I tried to talk her into the small city down the road 30-40min but she wouldn't go along. I think she would move into the village 8min. down the road.

After listening to Boo, Florida sounds hot and humid. Because of my lung diseases hot and humid would make it hard for me to breathe. My wife has COPD and would probably not like that type of environment.
But you know something DB sometimes it's hard to predict the future.

2 days:)

oldmaninbc

Here is a picture of the living room

View attachment 19038555
Very nice, I love a wood burning stove. When I lived at the beef ranch I had 2 wood stoves to look after, sometimes that was a lot of work but I still enjoyed it immensely.

Do you buy wood pute, if so how much is a cord of wood there? I think here it is around $250.00 a cord.

Sometimes you can get free firewood if your at the right place at the right time.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Very nice, I love a wood burning stove. When I lived at the beef ranch I had 2 wood stoves to look after, sometimes that was a lot of work but I still enjoyed it immensely.

Do you buy wood pute, if so how much is a cord of wood there? I think here it is around $250.00 a cord.

Sometimes you can get free firewood if your at the right place at the right time.
I used to order it in logs, cut it and split it myself. As I got older I had a guy deliver it cut and split. Today I have a gas fireplace here in Denver. The guy who supplied wood at my cabin liked marijuana we traded.

oldmaninbc

I used to order it in logs, cut it and split it myself. As I got older I had a guy deliver it cut and split. Today I have a gas fireplace here in Denver. The guy who supplied wood at my cabin liked marijuana we traded.
Trades are good, have done a few myself but nothing as good as the fellow below

One red paperclip is a website created by Canadian blogger Kyle MacDonald, who traded his way from a single red paperclip to a house in a series of fourteen online trades over the course of a year.[1] MacDonald was inspired by the childhood game Bigger, Better.
He traded the red paper clip for a fish shaped pen all the way to a house. Why didn't I think of that.

Now we are both old, our best working days are behind us. I think someone was confused when they called this the "golden years," they probably had dementia.

Steele Savage

Boutique Breeder
Veteran
Never figured out what was considered "old"... I'm a Gen X, turned 50 this yr. One of the things I love doing, falling timber, can't stand splitting it.. All hard woods, red and white oak (for cooking) hickory, birch, maple, poplar for early and late season burns and kindling and some ash.
IMG_20240619_093207872.jpg

jokerman

Premium user
Hi jokerman, good to see you out and about. I hope your Friday or as the Old Norse would say friggjar-dagr
is a superb day.
And you as well 😊
me too ,very cool ☝️
What a experience ❤️