What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I’ve never tried that but am alway looking for something to do with excess tomatoes. I do have a dehydrator.
They are great as a snack .....good for you as well.

Like yourself Pute, I find myself without friends or acquaintances. My 3 best friends of 40-50 years have passed before me, health issues, no driving and rural living all make for a quiet solitude.

However, with my new found friends here, I do have some fun, some knowledge and to see how the other half lives.

Speaking of tomatoes, I had tomato fruit leather, it was good.
Wow you do live an isolated life. Like someone once told me ....... as you get older your friends will be on a keyboard.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
They are great as a snack .....good for you as well.

Wow you do live an isolated life. Like someone once told me ....... as you get older your friends will be on a keyboard.
I live in a very remote area as most of you guys know, I have almost become an isolationist because I really don’t have a need for the assholes. I see on the street. I’ve got about a dozen good friends that are welcome over but other than that I have no need for visitors. I enjoy a good company and socializing, but I prefer to do it on my terms… Ivan has now become the keeper of the gate, if you dare tread on his property, he gets very ugly… he’s getting to be a big boy mentally and physically😉

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I live in a very remote area as most of you guys know, I have almost become an isolationist because I really don’t have a need for the assholes. I see on the street. I’ve got about a dozen good friends that are welcome over but other than that I have no need for visitors. I enjoy a good company and socializing, but I prefer to do it on my terms… Ivan has now become the keeper of the gate, if you dare tread on his property, he gets very ugly… he’s getting to be a big boy mentally and physically😉
You are the lucky one ..... your dogs!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Not any more. I only have a small garden now but I use to when I had a large grow area. I made sauce for a year and canned it up in quart jars. Now I depend on store canned tomatoes to start my sauce usually.
Mrs Pute makes great salsa. Between that, the dehydrator and half the neighborhood the are no left overs. I just gave them fox farm 5 10 5 and drenched them with fish emulsion. I have two that are turning.....tomorrow maybe.
do you like salsa?
this is easy peasy to make and tastes great
maybe not as good as that chocolate munchie you posted, but what would be

oldmaninbc

I’ve never tried that but am alway looking for something to do with excess tomatoes. I do have a dehydrator.
Hello and good day to you Sub, tomato leather can be kind of sweet and tangy. I wonder if different tomatoes give different results. I know you'll find your own recipe but here is one way.

Equipment​

• dehydrator

Ingredients​

• 5 pounds tomatoes
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Instructions​

• Prep tomatoes. Remove any blemishes. Core and quarter them.
  • Blend tomatoes
  • Add basil, salt, and cheese
  • Line dehydrator trays with parchment paper. Fill trays with mixture.
  • Dehydrate at 125°F for 12-15 hours
  • Cut or roll leather into strips. Store in an airtight container.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Hello and good day to you Sub, tomato leather can be kind of sweet and tangy. I wonder if different tomatoes give different results. I know you'll find your own recipe but here is one way.

Equipment​

• dehydrator

Ingredients​

• 5 pounds tomatoes
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Instructions​

• Prep tomatoes. Remove any blemishes. Core and quarter them.
  • Blend tomatoes
  • Add basil, salt, and cheese
  • Line dehydrator trays with parchment paper. Fill trays with mixture.
  • Dehydrate at 125°F for 12-15 hours
  • Cut or roll leather into strips. Store in an airtight container.
Yes, that’s something I would try. Sometimes I score tomatoes from my neighbors. Maybe next time I have extra I will give tomato leather a try

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
home made salsa is best eaten fresh over your favorite foods! with a shot of mezcal
salud!
1721507893814.gif

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I'm still in such rotten shape. I wouldn't want to put my significant other to that degree of having to help me a few weeks in rehab where I can actually walk without the Walker. Get out of bed without making a huge production of it
Okay that's fine, my point was just that they shouldn't put a requirement on you that forces you to have to stay with them an indefinite period of time until you can spend time in a particular facility. Instead they should give you the option to demonstrate you are capable on your own to recover at home or if you still need help prove that you have someone that is capable or you have the ability to have a professional come to your home on a daily basis to help you recover. I get you not wanting to burden someone you love and care about with that much work and responsibility unless they are ready willing and able to do so. My wife, a few years before she passed, had a situation where she fell and shattered her hip and broke her upper leg requiring rods, plates and screws to be put in place to repair the injury. She was in the hospital proper for about 2 weeks and then placed in a rehab for another 6 weeks. At the end of 6 weeks she would have had to stay at least another month to reach a point where she could come home fully self sufficient. I was ready and willing to help her with whatever she needed but unfortunately due to my own health issues I wasn't fully able. Fortunately her insurance was able to cover home health care which allowed us to have physical therapists and home health care nurses come by every day to help with the things I couldn't handle. We did have to make some small modifications such as installing grab bars in the shower and next to the toilet to aide her in using them and I also had to get a shower stool so she could shower in a seated position. I also had to rent a hospital bed to make it easier for her to get in and out of the bed and put her in a location more centrally avaible to parts of the house. By doing this and having her come home for the rest of her recovery she was able to achieve self sufficiency in two weeks instead of the projected minimum of 4 at the rehab and she was much more comfortable, relaxed and happy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts