What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
Was that a shine or a polish?
Well, kinda "and"... since Witchie-Poo was there with me.

OK, you triggered a funny story: There was an open-air, all-kindsa stuff-market on the main drag in Maggie Valley about 20 years ago. I went snooping in an antique section.

There on the table amongst a bunch of old stuff was a plumb bob.
1720951487611.png

It was a perfect duplicate to the one I useta use when I worked surveying. I picked it up and showed the Red Witch: "Look -- same as mine."

The antique dealer says, "You know what that is? What is it?"

That's the first time I felt a little old.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Yet another gorgeous day starting at 62F and predicted to reach 90F.

I elected to use an Extract Craft ETOH Pro vacuum still to distill off my 130-proof white lightening. I made two runs so far and both turned out splendid.

Lunch out yesterday with NM at Petite Provence.

Grayfox having a grand time at the Ashland Shakespearian Festival and due back tonight.

Wash.jpg
First run 130.jpg

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
today turned out to be a housekeeping day...laundry, sheets, making the bed, mopping the bathroom floors...brother drift stopped bye today, came bearing gifts...I got a nice assortment of vape carts...I can feel my energy waning, getting close to icing the back and getting ripped...oh yeah, folded and put up 43 tee shirts...I go thru a bunch when it's this hot outside...get on the tractor and the dust sticks to the sweat...gotta love country life...
What the heck is a vape cart?

Unca Walt

420club
You, nothing but a lot of the younger generations resent the elderly especially those who get Social Security because they are forced to pay into it to keep the checks going to the elderly but they feel it won't be there when it's their turn to cash in. Which if things don't change, it very well might not be there.
Write that one down in gold lettering. Be ready for it -- even if it seems impossibly unfair. It IS gonna happen.

cola

well, that's not how i understood the biology. i think the blockage happens when the endothelium is damaged and the cholesterol plaque is a response to that. removing the irritation that comes from systemic inflammation can stop that process. LDL is more complex than i see represented on popular media. i watched a lot of statins/cholesterol videos. i am not a fan of meds. they don't address the problem, they mask the problem by jiggering the numbers.

the vit d and k2 remove the calcium and send it to the bones.
Yeah I've seen that same description too but all I can say is I've been taking Vitamin D and K2 for a good while plus eat foods that are said to have those two nutrients and I still have blocked arteries that have remained the same in some cases and gotten worse in others over the past couple of years.

The problem as I see it is everyone in the health business whether it be doctors, vitamin manufacturers, pharmaceutical companoies and producers of health foods all have some sort of vested interest in keeping the sick people sick and not doing enough to prevent healthy people from becoming sick. The thing that irritates me the most is all the healthier foods cost a good bit more then their non healthy counterparts which causes healthy people to make bad choices based entirely on the costs of food.

It's bass ackwards in my opinion. The healthier foods should be the cheaper option and the less healthy versions should have a premium attached to help cover the cost of treating people who buy the less healthier food Kind of the same reasoning they use to justify the higher prices they've driven tobbaco products to.
I can personally recommend Extra Virgin Olive Oil for helping to heal sick arteries, as well as ripping / dissolving the cholesterol off the lining. I take 6 TBS (Tablespoon) Every Other Day (after eating) and eat a handful of Walnuts daily. Do this for a Year, and your Good Cholesterol will make your doctor smile. Your Bad Cholesterol you will have to work at! A not well known fact is that every Beef Cell you eat is surrounded by fat. Each and every one. Chicken and poultry is not like that. There is minimal fat surrounding poultry muscle cells. Also, Tofu is Anti-inflamnatory, and helps adjust cholesterol too. We partake in Tofu 2-3 times a week, typically the latter. Our out of pocket costs for Walnuts per month is in the neighborhood of $15. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, outside of what we use for cooking, in the neighborhood of $25, tops. Cheap medicine when you consider the Omega's and Antioxidant properties that come with it. We buy Tofu as a six pack box for under $7. We split one of the six a night when we are having Tofu as our main protein source. These can be gotten, without name dropping, at Costco or Sams, or a number of other places. Not that difficult to eat healthy and cheap, but you have to want to, and be willing to make the necessary dietary change. If you give this a try, and make minimalist dietary changes, you'll be happily surprised with your next results!

Unca Walt

420club
I’ve watched gay people in love and recognize that they are the minority of our population that feels exactly the same way I do with their same sex as I do about the opposite sex. Not a choice, but an emotion.

I opine that instead of more acceptance that the freak show parades, and unreasonable demands will result in a wide pendulum reaction and prove counterproductive for their movement.
There it is.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Been cooking up a grass fed organic beef stew this morn'in 😋 - with lotsa onions - garlic - sesame seed oil - carrots - zucchini - snow peas 🫛 - and taters - plus lotsa rich beef bouillon - Mmmm - the smell of it gets me salivating - so maybe this post has a bit of Gypsy slobber on it - 😋 - lol

Unca Walt

420club
OK -- I tried to hold back by reading up on all the stuff that went down when the kids all came up yestiddy.

But I gotta scream it. They had a humongous susprise for us:

I AM GONNA BE A GREAT GRAMPA!!! :greenstars::dance013:

Wolfie (who just last year was it? that I piggy-backed him on my shoulders?) finally found which arm it was under with Mattie. Dunno if it is gonna be a little hardlegs or a split-tail yet.

I checked -- some years musta slipped by. Wolfie is 26.

jokerman

Premium user
OK -- I tried to hold back by reading up on all the stuff that went down when the kids all came up yestiddy.

Wolfie (who just last year was it? that I piggy-backed him on my shoulders?) finally found which arm it was under with Mattie. Dunno if it is gonna be a little hardlegs or a split-tail yet.

Congrats Unc !
Great news ☝️😊

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

Congrats Walt - I became a mere Grandpa 2 years ago - when my eldest daughter in Holland 🇳🇱 - had a baby boy 👶 - it's a nice feeling to get to know that your genetics will carry on in to further generations - so that's life from you preserved and living into the far distant future - even when us sperm doners have long gone -

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Congratulations brother on stepping up from just being grand, to being great as well as grand! What percent of the world population pulls that off?

Unca Walt

420club
Finally have these back in stock and at a ok price........$54 for shipping seems a bit stiff.
😆
My "issue" is I just got one in 36 for the wife last week and said I would "chillout" for a bit.
Seems kind self centered on her part as she got one just last week!
😏
Perhaps a exploratory text is in order.........she loves when I interrupt her at work for nonsense.
😁
Thassa purty pistol. WHEN (not if) you get it, use mid-ball .44's to start. If they shear too much while loading, go small-ball; if they flame too much go large-ball.

Unca Walt

420club
Congrats Walt - I became a mere Grandpa 2 years ago - when my eldest daughter in Holland 🇳🇱 - had a baby boy 👶 - it's a nice feeling to get to know that your genetics will carry on in to further generations - so that's life from you preserved and living into the far distant future - even when us sperm doners have long gone -
It is a weirdly satisfying and pleasurable feeling to have a big, red-bearded guy come walking up to give me a hug and say, "I love you, Grampa."

Indescribable in so many ways...

Unca Walt

420club
Congratulations brother on stepping up from just being grand, to being great as well as grand! What percent of the world population pulls that off?
Now, there is a statistic as yet unknown. Right now, 18% of the world's population** are grandparents. What the mortality rate of that 18% would be after another new generation procreates can only be SWAG'd.
**7 Billion

Of all the people I have known in my life, none (zerio) were great-grandparents to anyone. I have known/know many people who are currently "new" grandparents.

So my blind-view of the elephant would be one in a thousand of that 18% group, or 0.00018 times 7 billion = 1,260,000 great grampas in the world.

Hey! I'm one in a millyun!