What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

It's all sunny skies all the way. It has cooled down a few degrees but it is still hot, humidity is only 34%, that's good. There has been no rain for several weeks.
1720739171304.jpeg

Janborrego

Premium user
I spent quite a lot of time about eight months ago, making up my living trust ensuring that my assets go or I want them to go. I got a notice from the county yesterday and it was addressed to me and then it had living trust and then it had my best friend‘s name. I was a little taken back, but then I realized that I left him my home in my trust, but I’ve never seen it in writing. I’m doing the best to make sure that all my stuff is sorted out before I’m not able to do it myself… getting old is difficult, just ask Joe…🤣
It sucks already and I an only getting old.😢

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I have a lot of cast iron and my favorite is a 20 inch 2 handle skillet.
O spray hot water over mine ,I have plastic scrapers for caked on stuff and a wash cloth size of chain mail ( Mithrel 😊) and dry with a cloth and spray flax seed oil.
What mix do you use for corn bread Subie Ann?
I sometimes make my own but tonight I used two boxes of jiffy mix and made it with buttermilk instead of regular milk. I also add some sour cream in the mix. So I guess an altered jiffy mix

hamstring

Veteran
I’ve come to the realization that I have to vacuum the house every day because Dutch is just blowing out fur… I use a rake on him twice a day trying to keep his loose hair outside, but just now I came in from brushing him and this is the pile of hair I got today. If this continues, Dutch will be bald within a couple weeks… I’ve never had a German shepherd live as long as he has so I’m an uncharted waters at this point View attachment 19030979
I love GSD's. Also know as German Shedders. Mine is 10.5yrs old and hoping he lives forever.

Here is a pic of him with my female Beauceron.

She had mouth cancer and I had to put her down at 13yrs old. There is nothing worse than being the one to decide when someone should go. I still hate even thinking about it. I never want to to make that decision again. I wouldn't want anyone making that decision for me.

It gets so real when they inject them and you see them slowly passing in front of your eyes. Its so fucking hard. She deserved better.
thumb_IMG_E0366_1024.jpg

Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user
An electrician, pilot and a razor sharp mind on the internet. Good job Mom.

What I don't know are you married do you have children, cats, dogs and reptiles. Are you going to start your own cooking series?

Were you your own electrical contractor?
I was married years ago divorced over 34 years ago ,no kids have 2brothers and 2 nephews who have 5 kids.
Lot of lawyers in my family.
I am with a Lady for 9 years and have a 15 y/o sun conure Mia
I was a electrical contractor non union and did some housing ,handicap work and was the plant electrician for a wall paper factory ,lot of motor controls.
Both my brothers can cook and I as well.
I am a music kinda guy and partial to smoking pot
Dont drink ,and smoke cigars,
Not too good looking ,but handsome enough 😊

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
We have several packages of rice noodles stored away. We have bought a couple of different brands, do you have one you like Boo?
no sir, I live in a small town and our publix is a small one with limited selection...I buy what they have as long as the ingredients are clean and low sodium...I've eliminated salt and sugar in my diet...sugar is poison and salt pisses off my kidneys...

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I was married years ago divorced over 34 years ago ,no kids have 2brothers and 2 nephews who have 5 kids.
I was a electrical contractor non union and did some housing ,handicap work and was the plant electrician for a wall paper factory ,lot of motor controls.
Wow, I feel like I know you all over again 🥰

oldmaninbc

You are a good man, thanks for sharing some of yourself. I don't mean to be nosy just curious to know a little more about you. Thank you!

hamstring

Veteran
my Dutch who is my world is 12 years old and he's really slowed down...I've had a total of 13 GSD's but never seen one blow out so fast...I believe it's due to his age...they don't get much past 12 years old from my experience...
I know but I keep fooling myself for some reason. I lost my first female GSD at 13yrs. She died naturally , we came home to find her dead by the front door. She raised my daughter, and she is still my wife's favorite.

Dude 13 GSDs, we have to talk more. My female was from a back yard breeder and my male is a Czech working breed.

What types have you owned?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
You are a good man, thanks for sharing some of yourself. I don't mean to be nosy just curious to know a little more about you. Thank you!
If Joe tells you a whole lot about himself, he’s probably going to have to kill you because you know too much…
Awesome,once you own one ( I have owned two) you never want another breed.
I am a German Shepherd junkie. I’m not trying to be morbid, but I have been keeping my eyes on a few kennels for the next big boy in our lives. Dutch’s bloodline lives on in Texas and I found a breeder in Chicago that has beautiful red boys… I have plans for the future of my boys when I’m no longer around to take care of them… I already have my best friend coming over to work with Ivan so there will be a smooth transition whenever that time comes

hamstring

Veteran
If Joe tells you a whole lot about himself, he’s probably going to have to kill you because you know too much…

I am a German Shepherd junkie. I’m not trying to be morbid, but I have been keeping my eyes on a few kennels for the next big boy in our lives. Dutch’s bloodline lives on in Texas and I found a breeder in Chicago that has beautiful red boys… I have plans for the future of my boys when I’m no longer around to take care of them… I already have my best friend coming over to work with Ivan so there will be a smooth transition whenever that time comes

Your not being morbid. I too have been looking. Sounds like you have much more experience than I. I have been looking here -----https://www.weberhausgsd.com/. Are you familiar with this breeder?

I live 1.5hrs from Chicago.

I have to ask you a tough question.

When I got a second dog my female GSD was 11 yrs old and I really think it shortened her life. When she saw the puppy getting all the attention it was hard on her. The vet told me I shouldn't keep walking her because of hip issues and I think that was the last straw. When she saw me leaving every day to walk the puppy it killed her. She died of old age yes, but also a broken heart.

Do you hold any credence into my thoughts or is this just a dog lovers feelings?

I wont get another dog until my male passes on.