What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Boy they are gonna be good. I should make some dessert. I did make a pan of cornbread to go with our beans and rice and kielbasa
View attachment 19031017

looks delicious!

is that a Griswold cast iron skillet?…I have one I got from my mom and it’s the best skillet I gots…..fried eggs just slide off like Teflon …must be a hundred years old

i love my Dutch oven , it makes the best artisan bread!….

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
looks delicious!

is that a Griswold cast iron skillet?…I have one I got from my mom and it’s the best skillet I gots…..fried eggs just slide off like Teflon …must be a hundred years old

i love my Dutch oven , it makes the best artisan bread!….
I don’t think griswald but been also used for years by me and my momma perfectly seasoned. I use it all the time.
IMG_0202.jpeg

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Oh, I’ve tried it before even more than once because it looked so delicious but it has a goat tase to me. I’ve had that too. I don’t think it would be a gyro without sheep or goat taste.

an old preacher in Oklahoma invited the congregation over to his place for a big bbq….goat

his secret was very young male goat that was castrated , separated from the herd , special food and BAM!!….some of the tenderest and tasty bbq I ever had!..

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
an old preacher in Oklahoma invited the congregation over to his place for a big bbq….goat

his secret was very young male goat that was castrated , separated from the herd , special food and BAM!!….some of the tenderest and tasty bbq I ever had!..
I’ve tried goat several times thinking that maybe this new person could make it without the stink but I have not found one yet and now say no thank you instead of deciding wheather I could get away with spitting it out or should I be polite and swallow it 🤪

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I don’t think griswald but been also used for years by me and my momma perfectly seasoned. I use it all the time.
View attachment 19031019

might be a Wagner , it’s a Number 8 and the sky is abbreviation for skillet..

yeah , there is an art to seasoning them and the cast iron forum is brutal on newbs who wash their skillets in soap and water…😂

( I do use soap and water from time to time but please don’t tell any cast iron heads or they will crucify me )

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
For those whom it may concern -- a piece of info that may become important to you:

If/when the time comes you realize you cannot get better, and there is no quality of life, you have a painless recourse.

This from MySonTheDoctor:

"As a general rule of thumb, a person can survive without water for about three days."

Moreover, any discomfort fades away after two days.

HAH. I checked. Seems Medical News Today agrees with Scooter:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325174#how-long-can-you-live-without-water

Like we useta say: There It Is.
Just don't go with the life without food option that is a much slower and more painful process. I don't think I could do the 2-3 days without drinking something. I drink about a gallon of water per day sometimes 1.5 gallons. I can't stand the dry mouth feeling I get if I'm not always sipping on one drink or another. No not alcohol either, I haven't had a drop of alcohol in so many years I can't even remember how long it's been. It started one hot summer day when I came home and had two beers to help me cool down. Two beers isn't enough to give me a buzz let alone make me drunk but damn if I didn't wake up with a raging hangover the next day. I decided that if two beers would give me a hangover without the fun of at least being drunk for a while then it was time to quit.

As far as ending things if I ever felt there was nothing more to look forward to in life then I would be much more likely to just take a handful of Norcos and go peacefully in my sleep. Fortunately I am nowhere near being ready to throw in the towel on life.

Last edited:

oldmaninbc

My younger half sister Yasmin called me last night and asked me if I wanted a puppy - since she is an experienced dog groomer and has a dog grooming school even - and she makes a few bob breeding usually smaller dogs too and said that she can't sell this pup atm because he's got a fractured leg - and he's currently only 4 months old - and my boy has been lightly nagging me for months for us to get a dog -

I've always had larger breeds in the past - security dogs mainly - and used to breed them when I was in S.E.Asia well over a decade ago - never had a small dog 🐕 - but thought to myself - why not? - could be a fun and enjoyable thing to do - whilst making the kids and wife happy too - 😊
Here's a pic of the pup and one of my nephews -
View attachment 19030785
What a little cutie. Looks very lovable.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club

yeah , there is an art to seasoning them and the cast iron forum is brutal on newbs who wash their skillets in soap and water…😂

( I do use soap and water from time to time but please don’t tell any cast iron heads or they will crucify me )
I wash mine with soap and water then dry it in the warm oven. But may have something to do with years of use. It’s usually easy to clean

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
For those whom it may concern -- a piece of info that may become important to you:

If/when the time comes you realize you cannot get better, and there is no quality of life, you have a painless recourse.

This from MySonTheDoctor:

"As a general rule of thumb, a person can survive without water for about three days."

Moreover, any discomfort fades away after two days.

HAH. I checked. Seems Medical News Today agrees with Scooter:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325174#how-long-can-you-live-without-water

Like we useta say: There It Is.

that’s gotta be the longest three days of a humans life

why go through the suffering?

now I have a bag of goodies for an end time party , if needed , couple grams of dmt , some blotter lsd-25 , and plenty of lorazepam..

I wanna go out rocking and rolling , tripping my balls off , and,playing some loud music

like this solid tune

Whoa-a-a-a Lord

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Does he know that?
You're a good guy boo loyalty is the rarest of human commodities.
I’ve told him in the past that was my idea, but last night was the first time he saw it in writing. He got a little emotional when he realized that he was moving out of his place into mine. This place is like an amusement park in nature. Thank you for the kind words, but I’m just doing what I feel is the right thing… I know you would do the same thing, that’s why we get along so well

HempKat

Veteran
Been raining off and on all day. Nice for the ground plants and garden. Working on this inside project today. I’m embarrassed to say that it’s been this way since we moved in. The bathroom does not get used a lot and I just happened to look up the other day and put it on my list of things to do.
Man I live about a 2 hour drive from Virginia Beach and we haven't seen a drop of rain.

BubbasPlace

I do too, with the soap and water. Some things, you just have to! No biggie, if already seasoned you just dry it after wash, little oil, little heat and you are right back.

HempKat

Veteran
Oh, I’ve tried it before even more than once because it looked so delicious but it has a goat tase to me. I’ve had that too. I don’t think it would be a gyro without sheep or goat taste.
Okay if you've tried it and still didn't like it then say no more. Sometimes people dislike things so much there is no changing their minds.

I'm that way about sliced tomatoes I dislike them so much I've even got sick from eating them once. This beautiful 16 year old (I was 13 at the time) went on a picnic once with me her, her older sister and my older brother. We brought fruit and iced tea to drink and they made us sandwiches. Unfortunately they put sliced tomatoes on them. I wanted the 16 year old to like me so much I left the tomatoes on and tried to eat the sandwich anyway because I was afraid it would hurt her feelings if I picked the tomatoes off. Well minutes after I ate the sandwich I threw up. She asked what was wrong and I said I think it was the tomatoes. She said silly, why didn't you just pick the tomatoes off then. Between the throwing up, our age difference and me being a fool for eating the tomatoes it's needless to say the magic didn't happen between us.

The funny thing about tomatoes is I like them almost any other way, ketchup, italian sauces, in Chili even tomatoe soup but fresh sliced tomatoes is just a no go for me. I think it's the slimy texture of the area where the seeds are that gets to me?

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
I’ve tried goat several times thinking that maybe this new person could make it without the stink but I have not found one yet and now say no thank you instead of deciding wheather I could get away with spitting it out or should I be polite and swallow it 🤪
Just FYI try to swallow it if you can...guys really dig chicks that swallow. :biggrin:

Last edited:

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Oksy if you've tried it and still didn't like it then say no more. Sometimes people dislike things so much there is no changing their minds.

I'm that way about sliced tomatoes I dislike them so much I've even got sick from eating them once. This beautiful 16 year old (I was 13 at the time) wemt on a picnic once with me her, her older sister and my older brother. We brought fruit and iced tea to drink and they made us sandwiches. Unfortunately they put sliced tomatoes on them. I wanted the 16 year old to like me so much I left the tomatoes on and tried to eat the sandwich anyway because I was afraid it would hurt her feelings if I picked the tomatoes off. Well minutes after I ate the sandwich I threw up. She asked what was wrong and I said I think it was the tomatoes. She said silly, why didn't you just pick the tomatoes off then. Between the throwing up, our age difference and me being a fool for eating the tomatoes it's needless to say the magic didn't happen between us.

The funny thing about tomatoes is I like them almost any other way, ketchup, italian sauces, in Chili even tomatoe soup but fresh sliced tomatoes is just a no go for me. I think it's the slimy texture of the area where the seeds are that gets to me?
Haha. That same thing happened to me (without getting sick tho) on a first date with a rich kid. He said his parents were cooking and wanted to know what I liked. Like a fool I said “ I like everything”. Well they had leg of lamb and it was all fancy for sure with nice china and silver. This guy was Way outta my league I knew by dinner time. Well the dad dishes me out some and it was all I could do to get it down. I’m sure they knew as I pilled on more of that mint jelly which was also horrible btw, just to kill the taste. I tried to be polite but the date ended with I’m sure either of us minding no second date.