What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
check out this Old School rap , you will dig it man

extra points if anyone can name the bearded fellow in the background

Allen Ginsberg ...Strange guy

Form the WiKi
Ginsberg worked with, drew inspiration from, and inspired artists such as Bob Dylan, The Clash, Patti Smith,[154] Phil Ochs, and The Fugs.[54] He worked with Dylan on various projects and maintained a friendship with him over many years.

There is no mention of him appearing in the video

I had to use ChatGPT 4o to cheat.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Maybe if I could see him......

how’s this?

IMG_9121.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
then you'd have to replace the bearing all the time...
There is that.
Thinking it would shake bad.....out of balance and dangerous.
Intended as droll humor. He did specifically say he was joking and wanted a smart-ass answer instead of the technical discussion that we proffered!

Partyboobs

BudToaster

Veteran
Ever see the 10Megabyte memory "chip" being loaded in the huge transport airplane? You've got a billion times more handy now.

i was working at Stanford AI in 1970 when they got a one megabyte upgrade for the PDP-10. one million dollars, and it was a 19" rack 6 feet high. that was real money back then.

Them and stairway to heaven......... name a song you never wanna hear again.
i had Bose 901s, a clean/clear vinyl cutting of Stairway to Heaven and played it max volume in the redwood forest ... never gets old.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
i was working at Stanford AI in 1970 when they got a one megabyte upgrade for the PDP-10. one million dollars, and it was a 19" rack 6 feet high. that was real money back then.

i had Bose 901s, a clean/clear vinyl cutting of Stairway to Heaven and played it max volume in the redwood forest ... never gets old.
I sitll have two Bose Speakers.....I think they were 501's . They still work but I haven't used them in years.....furniture today. Wait I take that back....I got rid of them years go. I do have a pair of JBL L99's. Still have the Altec 710 receiver as well.

IMG_20240625_140844555_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240625_141111611_HDR.jpg

Got the whole system in 1972. Still have the Cassette recorder but the turn table is long gone. Good sounding system.....blow the roof off.