What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
im not touching the thing, and if i kill it its not going to make much of a meal
😝
Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it 🤪

Cicadas are at their most tender just out of the shell. The tough exoskeleton is not very tasty," . "Watch them climb up a tree and begin to molt from their outer shell. When they're out of their shell, gently grab the soft bodies, blanch them in boiling water for one minute, then put them into a zip-lock bag and place them in the freezer before preparing them to cook

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
f'n vile nasty beast
and every few year you have the super bloom!
/but i like their noise
When I wore a little boys clothes I used to shoot them with my BB gun. Every year there is a Cicadas hatch on the Green River in Utah. You could catch a trout on every cast while in a drift boat. All you had to do is cast within a foot of the bank and BOOM. I actually got tired of catching fish. Never saw such a feeding frenzy.

We don't have them here in Colorado.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
When I wore a little boys clothes I used to shoot them with my BB gun. Every year there is a Cicadas hatch on the Green River in Utah. You could catch a trout on every cast while in a drift boat. All you had to do is cast within a foot of the bank and BOOM. I actually got tired of catching fish. Never saw such a feeding frenzy.

We don't have them here in Colorado.
Maybe we could send you some and you could try them out on the fly line.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Premium user
420club
Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it 🤪

Cicadas are at their most tender just out of the shell. The tough exoskeleton is not very tasty," . "Watch them climb up a tree and begin to molt from their outer shell. When they're out of their shell, gently grab the soft bodies, blanch them in boiling water for one minute, then put them into a zip-lock bag and place them in the freezer before preparing them to cook
here in san diego there is this mexican thing called chapuline
fried crickets in a bag and you eat it with lime and this tamarin on a tortilla
yukkkk!!