What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
The above ("the steaks were high") reminded me of this:

First time I heard that was at Sloppy Joe's in Key West.

My favorite line in there was Cow Tse Tongue that definitely made me laugh. In the end all I can say is the cows better hope the chickens in choppers don't see the Chick Fil A posters they put up you know, the one with cows saying "Eat Mor Chikin" :biggrin:

HempKat

Veteran
I hate politics...ur safe around me
Well I appreciate that but see, I actually don't mind talking politics as long as it's an honest fair discussion (yes I realize that honest and fair doesn't go with politics :biggrin:). But there are places for that and I respect my fellow Old Farts enough to keep politics out of here as best I can. Besides it's really no fun to see a bunch of old folks beating on each other.

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
In my mind I keep seeing that old episode of “The Twilight Zone” where the neighbors are all best buddies because things are good. But then the word comes that the Russians have launched a nuclear strike. The one fellow retreats to his nuclear fall out shelter with his family and refuses to let in any of his “buddies” even though they plead and beg him to at least save their children. At the end it was all just a false alarm but the illusion of neighborhood solidarity has been shattered forever.
Yeah I was thinking of that episode when you mentioned Twilight Zone yesterday. You forgot to mention how the neighbors the guy wouldn't let in eventually forced their way in and destroyed the place in the process.

HempKat

Veteran
That is pretty accurate. LCD's do not care whether silver prices go up or down, they ride the middle. It is an honest living.

Spot junk silver is right about that $6 number right now. So if you sell him the quarter, he will buy it for 3% under spot.

If you want to buy from him, it is 3% over spot. Fair dinkum for everybody.
Sounds reasonable.

SubGirl

420club
Oww - that's awful 😖 - well at least the dogs 🐕 still around - do you run 110Volts - or 220V as we do in the UK? - 110 would have given him quite a start - 220 would have been worse -
Those look like nasty scratches - but should heal up ok - all the best 👍
We run 110 here and Mr sub said he only went thru one side so it could have been worse but he definitely felt it. I’m glad he’s ok too.

HempKat

Veteran
Good Morning everyone. Hot and sunny here today. Gonna try and wash my porch down from all the winter dirt.

had some not so great excitement last night when my Arlo started screaming and crying out of the blue. It lasted for a couple minutes while the cats went crazy and happen to find the back of my legs and foot a good place to scratch up while freaking out over the dog crying. Maryjane was also upset as to what was going on. We thought perhaps our cat Cleo let him have it when he was quietly just laying beside us. Later after things calmed down a bit and I went to turn on our exhaust fan I found that the cord had been chewed thru so what had happened was an electric shock to his wet mouth which I’m sure was quite uncomfortable.
View attachment 19016088
he was so afraid after that, I let him sleep beside me in our bed to calm him down. He’s ok this morning and back to his old self again. Mr sub patched up the cord and my cat scratch wounds on my legs and feet are healing. I’m hoping he learned his lesson about cords but I have my doubts as he’s not the smartest dog…
View attachment 19016089
Aww poor Arlo it's a shame for everyone involved when a pet learns about electricity the hard way. Also poor SubGirl, scratches like that in that location are likely to be annoying for a few days:blackeye:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_2031.jpeg
IMG_2030.jpeg
The Doors x Haze/Haze (pic from 2021)

HempKat

Veteran
good morning people...if what I said the other day is called politics I'm sorry anyone got pussy hurt about my comments...it was not politics but construed to be...calling that politics is like saying a man can have a child...
The only person I've seen get upset with you Boo, is Jokerman over how hard you're hitting the snacks stash. :biggrin:

Not really angry so much as looking like someone just ruined his day everytime he looks at the snacks tray. :biggrin: