What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Well looks like some pieceOshit in north cankalany has obtained my wifes debit card number and emptied her checking account.
Generally that would call for broken bones and bloodshed sadly I suspect the individual will never see me.
😠
this kind of thing happens to my aged mom on the regular!
she will loose her cards and then have to replace them at least two or three times a year
i swear we are going to have to start pinning her lunch money to her in an envelope!
i just dont like it when people take advantage of others and especially the aged

def call the bank and advocate for her

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Unca Gettin' Serious Time:

One.

Last.

Attempt...

This is the brenschluss. Obvious to everyone, even those that cannot conceive the dollar going (*poof*). It WILL happen inevitably, nem. con. We are in that pregnant time when inexorable events are known to be coming; this is a time for crucial action that will NEVER return:

The time to trade overvalued paper for gold.

Let me try this: At 11:40 on April 10, 1912, the Titanic hit an iceberg. The passengers on board were not particularly bothered at all. At first, there was nothing really to note. (Ding! shift to today! Data start point!)

Some young men who were up, and played soccer with the ice chunks on deck. Some men, however, knew within ten minutes that the ship was irrevocably doomed.

The engineers kept the lights on as they shorted out. (Current time: Bank in Pacific Rim is selling gold under spot in a futile attempt to keep the dollar working a while longer even in the face of unavoidable coming total failure as the entire ship was clearly beyond help and was sinking.)

There were not nearly enough lifeboats at all for the passengers. Many were doomed even as they walked around and calmly talked to each other on the giant boat. <-- There is NOT enough gold for all the passengers on the ship. Only some will have gold = a seat on lifeboat.

So yer Unca will tell you one last time: The Dollar Titanic IS going down. NOTHING, especially wishing, is going to change that. Denial of reality will not change that.

Now the only thing you should be doing is getting your seat on the lifeboat. It will not be as comfortable as your First Class stateroom was, but your First Class stateroom will be under a mile of water after a while as th e sinking rate picks up to the esimated 90MPH when it hit bottom.

Get your butt off the chair and get your hands on the PM's NOW. The last guys on the stern of the Titanic did not have life rafts because they dicked around for more than TWO HOURS before their feet were wet for eternity...

Your two hours are clicking down. How long those "two hours" will be is unknown. Just that it is clicking down to zerio.
Walt, I have thought a lot about you posts and you are describing Armageddon. Most Americans don't have the resources to do what you describe to protect yourselves. Even If we do....will it matter.

IMO a world like you describe will be at war with itself! Now only that with each other for survival. You might have gold or bitcoin but your starving neighbors will get to a point that they will be willing to do what ever it takes to get it.

There will be no organized society, police nothing.....you will be pretty much on your own. Even if you have all the weapons in the world every time you leave your bunker you will be a target. Do you want to live like that.....In my mid 70's I'm not sure I do.

I have gold but how much is enough....$2,400/oz is a lot of cash and how many have the resources to do this. Even silver at $30/oz.....

If this happens, we are toast. Sleep well.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Whoa! Any recourse at the bank?
Charge disputed and reversed......our bank does not fuck around.
this kind of thing happens to my aged mom on the regular!
she will loose her cards and then have to replace them at least two or three times a year
i swear we are going to have to start pinning her lunch money to her in an envelope!
i just dont like it when people take advantage of others and especially the aged

def call the bank and advocate for her
Sorry to laugh but where does one pin a card?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Charge disputed and reversed......our bank does not fuck around.

Sorry to laugh but where does one pin a card?
no it was mean to be a joke
i even got her a little sling purse thing, whenever you take this card out of the pouch, put it back in mom
she is a spry old lady and get around just fine, but like i said every few months she will have problems with her ccds

im glad to hear it all been settled!

oldmaninbc

Walt, I have thought a lot about you posts and you are describing Armageddon. Most Americans don't have the resources to do what you describe to protect yourselves. Even If we do....will it matter.

IMO a world like you describe will be at war with itself! Now only that with each other for survival. You might have gold or bitcoin but your starving neighbors will get to a point that they will be willing to do what ever it takes to get it.

There will be no organized society, police nothing.....you will be pretty much on your own. Even if you have all the weapons in the world every time you leave your bunker you will be a target. Do you want to live like that.....In my mid 70's I'm not sure I do.

I have gold but how much is enough....$2,400/oz is a lot of cash and how many have the resources to do this. Even silver at $30/oz.....

If this happens, we are toast. Sleep well.
Good day Pute,

I believe I must agree with your statement.

The kind of transition required from now to whatever the future holds after an economic meltdown would not be smooth and without violence. I don't think anyone would be safe. Some might have advantages but will those advantages last and will they be as advantageous as they think they are.

I think all hell would break out and many people would die or suffer, I see no utopian society after collapse.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Done wit all assigned duties sent down from SGT Mrs Pute. Time for nefarious abilities to kick in.

48hours-new-sheriff.gif