What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
While we are on the subject of trilobytes and such, lookit:

1718032559188.png

oldmaninbc

Ya - I guess that when they open you up - they have to slice thru whatever is there - to gain access to the heart - in the process some nerves get chopped - and then have to grow back slowly - 🐌 -
My spouse inherited the position of mod with a COPD group. She was telling me about a woman with a double lung transplant, 40 staples, and after hearing all the problems this woman has had makes me wonder as a person with lung disease, would I ever want a double lung transplant, NO.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Back in 2010 I got a really bad hernia I ripped the muscles in my lower abdomen use the muscles or the the lining or whatever but I didn't get it fixed at all and went on years and I would get pain and then it got to the point where it was like a huge lump and it was just sticking out it was really bad and then I went in for surgery but they said I was too fat and they said I had to lose weight in order to get the hernia surgery so this went on for a while and then all of a sudden I got a strangulated hernia one morning and I was rushed over to the hospital and the surgeon came in and gave me surgery and didn't use mesh thankfully just really stitched me up really good that was I want to say like 4 years ago now 5 years ago I'm doing really good

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Is there a decimal place missing? Typically the definition of Hemp versus "Marijuana" is that Hemp has less than 0.3% THC.

Anything greater than 0.3% THC is Marijuana.
In my state they allow up to a maximum of .3% to still be sold legally as a hemp based product of course that applies just to the Delta 9 THC. Typically with these Delta 8 or THCA products the percentage of the psycho active ingredient is higher. Which makes no sense to me, you can't have but a minimal amount of naturally occuring psycho active ingedients but it's perfectly okay to add a bunch of artificially created psyco active substances. smh I guess the government thinks it knows better then mother nature?

Unca Walt

420club
Unca Gettin' Serious Time:

One.

Last.

Attempt...

This is the brenschluss. Obvious to everyone, even those that cannot conceive the dollar going (*poof*). It WILL happen inevitably, nem. con. We are in that pregnant time when inexorable events are known to be coming; this is a time for crucial action that will NEVER return:

The time to trade overvalued paper for gold.

Let me try this: At 11:40 on April 10, 1912, the Titanic hit an iceberg. The passengers on board were not particularly bothered at all. At first, there was nothing really to note. (Ding! shift to today! Data start point!)

Some young men who were up, and played soccer with the ice chunks on deck. Some men, however, knew within ten minutes that the ship was irrevocably doomed.

The engineers kept the lights on as they shorted out. (Current time: Bank in Pacific Rim is selling gold under spot in a futile attempt to keep the dollar working a while longer even in the face of unavoidable coming total failure as the entire ship was clearly beyond help and was sinking.)

There were not nearly enough lifeboats at all for the passengers. Many were doomed even as they walked around and calmly talked to each other on the giant boat. <-- There is NOT enough gold for all the passengers on the ship. Only some will have gold = a seat on lifeboat.

So yer Unca will tell you one last time: The Dollar Titanic IS going down. NOTHING, especially wishing, is going to change that. Denial of reality will not change that.

Now the only thing you should be doing is getting your seat on the lifeboat. It will not be as comfortable as your First Class stateroom was, but your First Class stateroom will be under a mile of water after a while as th e sinking rate picks up to the esimated 90MPH when it hit bottom.

Get your butt off the chair and get your hands on the PM's NOW. The last guys on the stern of the Titanic did not have life rafts because they dicked around for more than TWO HOURS before their feet were wet for eternity...

Your two hours are clicking down. How long those "two hours" will be is unknown. Just that it is clicking down to zerio.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
My spouse inherited the position of mod with a COPD group. She was telling me about a woman with a double lung transplant, 40 staples, and after hearing all the problems this woman has had makes me wonder as a person with lung disease, would I ever want a double lung transplant, NO.
I hear you, I don't know if your spouse mentioned this or not but beside all you go thru to get them transplanted, the extended life expectancy is pretty low, I want to say 5 years but I'm not certain of that. That being said I had a relative that worked in the cornning wear factory (popular glass like cooking dishes) he was exposed to fiberglass and asbestus working there and ended upp getting a double lung transplant after he retired. He managed to get another 20 years before his time was up. So there are positive outcomes sometimes. They're the exceptions though rather then the rule. also another downside to transplants that you don't always hear about is the immune suppressing anti-rejection meds you have to take for the rest of your life so that your body doesn't kill off it's borrowed organs. That of course increases a lot of other health problems for most people.

Unca Walt

420club
Hundreds of times, I have tried to see the Andromeda Galaxy with the nekkid eye.

I was successful only twice. You have to look a tad to the side of where it is to see it.

This is what it would look like if it was simply brighter, NOT closer -- about 7 times larger than the full moon:

1718037685232.png

Magu🌈

Back in 2010 I got a really bad hernia I ripped the muscles in my lower abdomen use the muscles or the the lining or whatever but I didn't get it fixed at all and went on years and I would get pain and then it got to the point where it was like a huge lump and it was just sticking out it was really bad and then I went in for surgery but they said I was too fat and they said I had to lose weight in order to get the hernia surgery so this went on for a while and then all of a sudden I got a strangulated hernia one morning and I was rushed over to the hospital and the surgeon came in and gave me surgery and didn't use mesh thankfully just really stitched me up really good that was I want to say like 4 years ago now 5 years ago I'm doing really good
I had a hernia when I was 7. Left me with a big scar down there. 🙄 All the girls at school thought it was soooo sexy. 😉

oldmaninbc

I hear you, I don't know if your spouse mentioned this or not but beside all you go thru to get them transplanted, the extended life expectancy is pretty low, I want to say 5 years but I'm not certain of that. That being said I had a relative that worked in the cornning wear factory (popular glass like cooking dishes) he was exposed to fiberglass and asbestus working there and ended upp getting a double lung transplant after he retired. He managed to get another 20 years before his time was up. So there are positive outcomes sometimes. They're the exceptions though rather then the rule. also another downside to transplants that you don't always hear about is the immune suppressing anti-rejection meds you have to take for the rest of your life so that your body doesn't kill off it's borrowed organs. That of course increases a lot of other health problems for most people.
Morning Hempkat
The lady my spouse was referring to, also acquired another disease(diabetes) from medications related to the transplant. There was other issues as well but I won't write what I can't remember properly.

Magu🌈

Unca Gettin' Serious Time:

One.

Last.

Attempt...

This is the brenschluss. Obvious to everyone, even those that cannot conceive the dollar going (*poof*). It WILL happen inevitably, nem. con. We are in that pregnant time when inexorable events are known to be coming; this is a time for crucial action that will NEVER return:

The time to trade overvalued paper for gold.

Let me try this: At 11:40 on April 10, 1912, the Titanic hit an iceberg. The passengers on board were not particularly bothered at all. At first, there was nothing really to note. (Ding! shift to today! Data start point!)

Some young men who were up, and played soccer with the ice chunks on deck. Some men, however, knew within ten minutes that the ship was irrevocably doomed.

The engineers kept the lights on as they shorted out. (Current time: Bank in Pacific Rim is selling gold under spot in a futile attempt to keep the dollar working a while longer even in the face of unavoidable coming total failure as the entire ship was clearly beyond help and was sinking.)

There were not nearly enough lifeboats at all for the passengers. Many were doomed even as they walked around and calmly talked to each other on the giant boat. <-- There is NOT enough gold for all the passengers on the ship. Only some will have gold = a seat on lifeboat.

So yer Unca will tell you one last time: The Dollar Titanic IS going down. NOTHING, especially wishing, is going to change that. Denial of reality will not change that.

Now the only thing you should be doing is getting your seat on the lifeboat. It will not be as comfortable as your First Class stateroom was, but your First Class stateroom will be under a mile of water after a while as th e sinking rate picks up to the esimated 90MPH when it hit bottom.

Get your butt off the chair and get your hands on the PM's NOW. The last guys on the stern of the Titanic did not have life rafts because they dicked around for more than TWO HOURS before their feet were wet for eternity...

Your two hours are clicking down. How long those "two hours" will be is unknown. Just that it is clicking down to zerio.
I welcome an economic collapse. 😁 This economy has never done anything for me. I have nothing to lose. Im tuning up my fiddle and smiling while Rome burns. 🌈