What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Ya - I'm about (somewhere) - had a quite weekend - lots of snooz'in - and actually got back to a little writing today - still have a bit of a numb chest around the pacemaker - but no real pain - just a little muscle ache from exercising - been a good boy in recovery - ate - slept - and walked mostly - can now carry a full backpack again - just need a bit more mental clarity - and I should get that by applying myself to writing again - after all those meds I was taking for pain and what-all-else - makes it hard to focus - I find 😊 - kinda scrambles the grey matter - lol
FWIW, one of the more annoying after effects of my bypass surgery is that the area of the incision along my sternum stayed number for several years. Now when i say it was annoying it didn't cause me any problems or discomfort I just didn't like having this area of numbness down the center of my chest and there was nothing I could do to fix it. After two or so years of it still being numb I concluded that I was never going to regain sensation there and just learned to not pay it any more attention. Then one day, several years later (not sure how long) I was touching my incision and noticed it was no longer numb.

So this is just a warning that the numbness might be long term,, yet also encouragement that at some point in time any lost sensation should return. Hopefully for you it will return more quickly?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
FWIW, one of the more annoying after effects of my bypass surgery is that the area of the incision along my sternum stayed number for several years. Now when i say it was annoying it didn't cause me any problems or discomfort I just didn't like having this area of numbness down the center of my chest and there was nothing I could do to fix it. After two or so years of it still being numb I concluded that I was never going to regain sensation there and just learned to not pay it any more attention. Then one day, several years later (not sure how long) I was touching my incision and noticed it was no longer numb.

So this is just a warning that the numbness might be long term,, yet also encouragement that at some point in time any lost sensation should return. Hopefully for you it will return more quickly?
Ya - I guess that when they open you up - they have to slice thru whatever is there - to gain access to the heart - in the process some nerves get chopped - and then have to grow back slowly - 🐌 -

imiubu

The young fella across the street asked if we could meet up tomorrow a.m.
so I could get those seeds to him. He admitted it was a bit late to start seeds
for OD growing. It is indeed in our area.
Let him know that I am taking cuts today if he would like, I'll set him up also.
He is now pretty geeked :)

This one here makes it into my morning playlist each day :)

Get up and dance around... happiness is my truth :)

jokerman

Premium user
Good to see you :)

Have you considered Omega 3 Fish oil supp's or... eating a can or two of sardines a week?

From my own personal experience, I was totally flabbergasted by the improvement
of mental clarity and the complete annihilation of my brain fog once I began eating just
1 can of those little fishies each week.
Folks close to me commented on how I had become so 'sharp' minded again.
So, it was not just in my head ;) Others noticed it immediately also. Cool.
Thank you little fishies :)
Luca Brasi didnt agree😊☝️

imiubu

View attachment 19015762
Ahh Haaa! - look at what was lurking in the larder - one is date stamped 09/24 and the other 11/24 - so best start snacking on them now - Mmmm - I'll put some on a crumpet -
These are my absolute favorites.
Apple wood smoked in olive oil :love:
Amazon carries them in case anyone is interested and unable to locate locally.
1718031205494.jpeg

imiubu

Luca Brasi didnt agree😊☝️
Movie scene references are pretty much lost on me lol
I can watch movies over and over again and still not be
able to remember what comes next! Same with books lol
I love being entertained by both media yet my recall just
sucks as... it's entertainment only and as quickly as I take
it in... I then loose it.

Suppose that makes me easily entertained and a cheap
date perhaps (?) as I can be re-entertained with the same
stories repeatedly haha
Figure it's just 'fluff' that served it's purpose and it isn't necessary
so why keep it and take up space in my memory banks... maybe?

When in 'learning' mode however, information gets locked into the old noggin.

Latest posts

Latest posts