What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
105F today at 4:00 and we were eating on the patio at Fresh Agave. LOL We were the only ones eating outside. Every time someone would walk out of the restaurant, they would look at us and say, "Wow, aren't you hot out here?"

After about the fifth one saying that, I started beating them to the point by saying, "Wow, weren't you cold in there?" LOL

The misters bring it way down to probably 102F or less. LOL

Gotta luv the desert.

Last edited:

Magu🌈

I knew someone who spent $3,000.00 on lawyer to get a tenant evicted before he sold the place. When he sold the place he still didn't have the tenant evicted.
Years ago my sister rented her house to our cousin. He paid rent the first 2 months and then just stopped. I guess he decided it was as much his as it was hers because they were related. 6 months later my dad handed him an eviction notice. The poor dumb bastard looked like he had been drop kicked into the outhouse. 🤣

Magu🌈

While living in FL, out drinking one night, we decided to go get a bag of weed.
Along some road, we pulled over so I could pee.
Being a bit tipsy, I fell backwards into on of those basitd cactus's.
Yeah, my night out was over. They were in my back and ass.
I couldn't even sit down in the car, I road facing backwards on my
knees. It hurt so bad just to pull my pants up. Even drunk, I wanted
to cry.
Took my roomie over an hour just to pull all those fucking spikes out.
Then I sat in a cool bathtub and passed out after the ordeal.

Moral of the story:
Don't get drunk and piss on the roadside in FL ;)
Once I was out drinking with some friends at 2 am on the back roads when one guy had to poop. It was summer and the roadside was covered with thistles and poison ivy so he crapped in the middle of a crossroads. The only thing he had to wipe his butt with was a $ 20 dollar bill. It was the smallest thing he had.
Anyway, he left it sticking out of the top of this pile of crap in the middle of a 4 way. 😂
Over the years I have often wondered how long that $ 20 dollar bill sat there before someone picked it up and stuck it in their pocket. 🤣

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hello - Good Morn'in - and welcome 🙏 - Hmmmm I wonder where the conversation will go today - a bright sunshiny day - by the looks of it 😀 -

Let's have no Summertime Blues - or maybe we should?

Ahh - here is the original version of Summertime Blues - by Eddie Cochran - (1959)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Yet another double gorgeous day starting at 55F and predicted to reach 83F.

The housekeepers postponed cleaning day from last Wednesday to today, to avoid Rose Festival Parade traffic, so me and Miss Layla will start this morning on an upbeat note by spending quality time at Fernhill dog park sniffing butts and chasing balls.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I picked the Jeep up on the third day of a one-day turnaround to address two factory recalls, and in addition to taking longer than estimated, they tried to upsell me by telling me that based on my 140K mileage, my fluids need replacing, my serpentine belt is showing excessive wear, and I need new sparkplugs. I asked if they checked the condition or if they were just going by milage and was told they checked.

As they quoted $298 just to replace the serpentine belt and the rest of the prices were about equally absurd, I declined and checked out the serpentine belt when I got home. We just recently bought the car used, but as I remembered correctly, the belt was virtually new and I the transmission fluid is still bright and clear with good smells, as it was when I checked it out before buying it. I haven't checked the differentials but I'm pretty sure they didn't even bother to check either, just automatically went for my throat and wallet.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
I picked the Jeep up on the third day of a one-day turnaround to address two factory recalls, and in addition to taking longer than estimated, they tried to upsell me by telling me that based on my 140K mileage, my fluids need replacing, my serpentine belt is showing excessive wear, and I need new sparkplugs. I asked if they checked the condition or if they were just going by milage and was told they checked.

As they quoted $298 just to replace the serpentine belt and the rest of the prices were about equally absurd, I declined and checked out the serpentine belt when I got home. We just recently bought the car used, but as I remembered correctly, the belt was virtually new and I the transmission fluid is still bright and clear with good smells, as it was when I checked it out before buying it. I haven't checked the differentials but I'm pretty sure they didn't even bother to check either, just automatically went for my throat and wallet.

did they also check the undercoating and offer the upgrade to the Kevlar coating?

oldfogey8

Kevlar is so old school! The quoted me the new diamond dust coating, which is oh so much better, though more costly, and for just a little more, they throw in a new limited car warranty.
I went with the moscovium undercoating. I figure aliens from around the galaxy can’t be wrong and being able to fold the space-time fabric to cut down on the time it takes to get to the liquor store is pretty sweet.

oldfogey8

Zig and Ivan have a lot in common. I’ve been as close to perfect as far as walking by my side and listening to me and not cruising away to see something and as we approach, he still walks by my side and run like a madman. When I turn my back on, he goes after those pigs like they were dog food… He hasn’t been properly socialized, which I take full responsibility for, but he will figure it out sooner than later
Zig is great with other dogs though I can’t take any credit. I think the family that had him before we adopted him did a good job with that. Even dogs acting hostile towards him get his puppy dance. He got bit a few weeks ago, shrugged it off and ran off to play with a couple of other friendly dogs. I got lucky with Zig.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Zig is great with other dogs though I can’t take any credit. I think the family that had him before we adopted him did a good job with that. Even dogs acting hostile towards him get his puppy dance. He got bit a few weeks ago, shrugged it off and ran off to play with a couple of other friendly dogs. I got lucky with Zig.
' Darn puppy dance ain't doing its magic like it used to - got bit on the nose dammit!' -

Latest posts

Latest posts