What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
She never listens 😊
Well - maybe get her one of these new fangled ear trumpets 🎺

Hearing aids have been around since the 17th century, yet, they differ greatly from the cutting-edge technology that we now have today.

a simple way we are taught to increase our level of hearing is to cup our hands around our ears. This is because it is easier for our ears to catch sound waves using this funnel shape. Developing physics and science into a physical product,, the ear trumpet was then created.

The ear trumpet arrived in the 17th century and was the first hearing aid that we know of. It did look like a trumpet as it had a large funnel at the end which was connected to a slim tube to fit inside the user’s ear. This acted as a large instrument to catch more sound waves.

The user would hold the device to their ear and the speaker would directly talk into the funnel. Although this partially worked for some people it was still a heavy and large object to carry around. In addition to only be useful in small areas where not many people would be talking as the speaker would have to directly use the funnel.

As time went on more advanced versions of the ear trumpet were invented, including Auricles:

man ear trumpet hearing aid up to ear to improve his hearing

image source: https://fallsofsound.com.au/cow-horns-high-tech-history-hearing-aid-technology

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
It was all either of us could hope for. Hell, half the restaurant is the "Elvis" room. Nice selection of 50s to 70s music down low so I didn't have to yell over it. We split the $21.00 titan breakfast and it nearly kilt me to finish it all.

Eggs, bacon, sausages, hash browns, pancakes, biscuits & gravy
Well that's good news then, at least the whole day wasn't a bust. :biggrin:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user

Hearing aids have been around since the 17th century, yet, they differ greatly from the cutting-edge technology that we now have today.

a simple way we are taught to increase our level of hearing is to cup our hands around our ears. This is because it is easier for our ears to catch sound waves using this funnel shape. Developing physics and science into a physical product,, the ear trumpet was then created.

The ear trumpet arrived in the 17th century and was the first hearing aid that we know of. It did look like a trumpet as it had a large funnel at the end which was connected to a slim tube to fit inside the user’s ear. This acted as a large instrument to catch more sound waves.

The user would hold the device to their ear and the speaker would directly talk into the funnel. Although this partially worked for some people it was still a heavy and large object to carry around. In addition to only be useful in small areas where not many people would be talking as the speaker would have to directly use the funnel.

As time went on more advanced versions of the ear trumpet were invented, including Auricles:

image source: https://fallsofsound.com.au/cow-horns-high-tech-history-hearing-aid-technology
I have had hearing aids for years. They help but in a noisy situation like a restaurant they aren't worth a damn.

A good pair costs thousands! Which IMOis taking advantage of seniors. My first pair was octicon my current is Signia. My first pair was better.

Mrs Pute wants me to get a better pair but I don't want to spend the money...

Protect your ears....I didn't!

SubGirl

420club
Shower time I stink..... Wish I could use deodorant or deodorant soap but I'm allergic. (allergic to all chemical based perfumes. Only natural based don't effect me) The only bath soap I can use without braking out in a rash, is african black soap. What ever the sent is. It doesn't effect me.

TMI I know.... I do love the smell of basil. If and when we go out. I put some fresh cuttings in my pockets. The looks I get when people smell me.

Smell ya later.

stain
Humm… I smell a little basil and BO in the air, is that you?🤪

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
They are ‘shitty flip flops’ because I have a wild turkey infestation(or had actually, they don’t like Zig so I am down from 21 to 3 that visit and poop in my yard). I could fill a 2 gallon bucket with turkey turds every few days when the infestation was really bad.😂 Those flip flops stay outside because I am sure they are covered in bacteria.
With all of that Turkey Guano - you could go into business - best get it tested first - and see what sorta nutes it has onboard -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have had hearing aids for years. They help but in a noisy situation like a restaurant they aren't worth a damn.

A good pair costs thousands! Which IMOis taking advantage of seniors. My first pair was octicon my current is Signia. My first pair was better.

Mrs Pute wants me to get a better pair but I don't want to spend the money...

Protect your ears....I didn't!
Yep - my high end hearing is all but shot - and I get tinnitus quite often - must have been from standing in front of huge and powerful sound systems - Marshall stacks etc for hours - when I worked at many gigs and festivals - in my teens and 20's - these days - I'm a bit more careful - and walk away if the sound gets painful - I'm half deaf already -

jokerman

Premium user

My Brother G!
She can hear you snore across the pond if She wanted to☝️
She just doesn't hear my cries for love😊☝️😉

jokerman

Premium user

I cannot recommend these for cats and dog strongly enough.
Hands down the best hair tool I have ever used and really well made so they last.
Does NOT work on pubes........🙃
Are you sure Brother ?
They look like the perfect thing for my manscaping regiment.
I can stop using my cordless multi tool☝️
One mishap and your life will change drastically