What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

I believe you have to have Rocks in order to find gold with what do I know. The only gold I know of in Florida is where I’ve stashed all of mine and where I buy more… I was fortunate and I was able to buy over 5 pounds of gold for $300 an ounce… I buy it regularly, but not near that price…
I gather you have made some sound financial choices in life, good on you.

If your wealth ever gets to be a problem, I would be quite willing to relieve you of your burden, what are good friends for:)

jokerman

Premium user
Some people wouldn't know how to hang onto a dollar if it was crazy glued to them.
When I was young I was not good with money but my first wife changed that, she was a loans officer at the credit union. She helped me gain a respect for the handling of money.
But I floundered in other aspects and made some poor choices with my money. Water under the bridge.
You think they would teach that in school .I never had any use of a parrellagram so far and I dont think the need will arise sometime soon FFS!

oldmaninbc

1717029379503.jpeg

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I gather you have made some sound financial choices in life, good on you.

If your wealth ever gets to be a problem, I would be quite willing to relieve you of your burden, what are good friends for:)
I toiled for 25 years in the business I started before I saw real money. Come my way. I hit the lottery in my business a week after my divorce was final. My accountant told me if I didn’t pay my alimony that day and my ex found out what my income level was she come back and get me in court, so that day, I obtained my freedom by writing a check that day…
just one of his cars is worth more than the average home where I live..
i’ve been very fortunate to obtain the collection that I have outback. Unfortunately it’s been six months since I’ve even looked at one. I am just not feeling the love for the rides at the moment. I will say that I have traveled four corners of this country buying these cars, even going up to Canada buy one of them… i’m in the process of liquidating some of my assets so if anybody would like to buy a very nice classic car, I have plenty… I built my office building back in 84 and I’ve got it on the market now. I’m hoping for a minimum of 10 X my investment.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
You think they would teach that in school .I never had any use of a parrellagram so far and I dont think the need will arise sometime soon FFS!
What they are now teaching a school has absolutely no bearing on reality. I got two college degrees from a very highly held university and I don’t believe one minute of what I learned in college helped me in my business.

oldmaninbc

I toiled for 25 years in the business I started before I saw real money. Come my way. I hit the lottery in my business a week after my divorce was final. My accountant told me if I didn’t pay my alimony that day and my ex found out what my income level was she come back and get me in court, so that day, I obtained my freedom by writing a check that day…

i’ve been very fortunate to obtain the collection that I have outback. Unfortunately it’s been six months since I’ve even looked at one. I am just not feeling the love for the rides at the moment. I will say that I have traveled four corners of this country buying these cars, even going up to Canada buy one of them… i’m in the process of liquidating some of my assets so if anybody would like to buy a very nice classic car, I have plenty… I built my office building back in 84 and I’ve got it on the market now. I’m hoping for a minimum of 10 X my investment.
I have a lot of respect for those who can succeed in business, it takes work and brain cells.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
It also takes balls of iron and a Dedication to make things happen. As I posted earlier, I spent 25 years chasing down my business and then the following 10 years I couldn’t collect the money fast enough for my efforts… I’m truly grateful to my parents for instilling a hard work ethic in me… I was in an extremely competitive business and very few of us had the balls to go out and throw numbers of things that we’ve never done before… I lost $61,000 on a job back in 1980 but I finished it and didn’t default. My house is only worth $21,000 back then…

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
if the numbers match were looking at a 6 figure car...I'd prefer a hemi but there's nothing ratty about the max wedge...
owned and ran a successful landscaping business for about 20 years that’s how I got a green thumb
my buddy owns a landscape business here in florida and all he does is replace parts due to all the sand...I have a ferris 61' deck and after 12 years I've sandblasted a nice rip thru the deck, about 6" long...I've been putting off the welding for too long...

Dime

if the numbers match were looking at a 6 figure car...I'd prefer a hemi but there's nothing ratty about the max wedge...

my buddy owns a landscape business here in florida and all he does is replace parts due to all the sand...I have a ferris 61' deck and after 12 years I've sandblasted a nice rip thru the deck, about 6" long...I've been putting off the welding for too long...
I think that competed with swiss cheese pontiacs