What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I let my license expire back in like 2012...figured there was enough public transportation and I didn't need to get all tied up with the government with a driver's license and all that. The less I have to do with the government the better, I told myself. Well in 2022 during the pandemic I decided to go down to the RMV and get my learners permit. I found the test was not being offered on site, due to the pandemic. I paid the $35 fee and they gave me instructions to take it at home on the internet. You can only get so many questions wrong, you know. Well I took out the RMV manual and went to it. Open-book exam. Unfortunately most of the questions were for/about junior operators. I hadn't studied any of that. I frantically flipped back and forth through the pages like I was in college. The hardest question, although it was multiple choice, was the total number of accidents or deaths every year that are alcohol related...I found the answer right there in the RMV manual. The test was ridiculously tough. After my time ran out and I had finished my test it said "wait a moment" then it said "congratulations!" I then had my learners permit. I was 42. Now the permit is good for 2 years, during which time you're expected to schedule and pass a RMV road test. Well I put it off for months and months, then years. This January I went online to the RMV website and scheduled my road test!!! Few weeks later and with a recent snowfall I went to the RMV with Mom and her 2008 Ford Focus. It passed the official's expectations, and I ACED the road test - parallel parking included. He said I've got good news and bad news. The good news is you passed. The bad news is you now owe us money. 😁❤️🇺🇸
I've had my driver's license now since February. I'll never let it expire. It even says "veteran" on it. Drive defensively people!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A fine time.jpg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Holly Crap! Just got back from the grow store and over heard a guy trying to buy 600w HPS grow lights.....They were out and said they were discontinuing them. I came home and did a search and farg! I looked all over and other that a few cheap ones ......gone!

I guess when the ones I have go bad I am gonna have to change things up.....

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
had a grow shop that I had been doing business with for many years (and they gave me good personal service ) then when I refused to move over to LED she dropped me like a hot potato!
I grow in my basement and in the winter it gets cold down there. So, the HPS help heat the tent. If I switch to LED's I will have to get some kind of heater. I have no knowledge of LED or heaters.

oldmaninbc

My two 200w LED in 39"x39" tent, give off a fair bit of heat. If I had the tent going now the temps would be over 30C +/- 2C. In the winter the tent is in the coolest room, with only 1 furnace vent the room is 12' x 20' the tent stays around 28c. That's with an tent exhaust for carbon, I keep the room door open for passive air movement.

ost

All right, let it snow asbestos.

As person who has had their life effected by asbestos, I detest it and all the criminals who support it's use.
I think of all the people who have said to me, they didn't know it was dangerous.
The dangers of asbestos was first document in the latter part of the 1800s.
back in the 1960's it wasn't unusual , to see chunks of asbestos floating down the ohio river, there is nothing that floats like abby, reverse iceburg most of it sticks up above the surface of the water,they say that it can float in a dead air space for three days the fibers are that fine .all the brake jobs i did on my owne rigs that black dust is some bad shit .

oldmaninbc

back in the 1960's it wasn't unusual , to see chunks of asbestos floating down the ohio river, there is nothing that floats like abby, reverse iceburg most of it sticks up above the surface of the water,they say that it can float in a dead air space for three days the fibers are that fine .all the brake jobs i did on my owne rigs that black dust is some bad shit .
As far as I know brakes and clutch can still contain up to 35% asbestos.