What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

ost

My Dealership had asbestos in the ceiling of the parts department and the used car building.

WHAT A MESS! Hazmat teams had to come in and shut everything down for weeks. Cost a pretty penny as well.
i watched a bunch work the old grade school all they striped was pipe work,. from the boiler room to the class rooms.sure was glad my bid did'nt win that auction!

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
I was in the asbestos program at the shipyard after being exposed removing insulation off an old boat in the 80s. Most of the old timers had already lungs full of it by the time the asbestos program came to light. Many too have passed now due to lung issues and others are carrying O2 around with them 24/7

oldmaninbc

when I was in high school I worked at an auto parts place, we turned the rotors or drums and then radiused the shoes...I spent a year in that asbestos and soot covered building...
It takes decades for asbestos exposure to surface.
Housewives got sick from doing their spouses laundry covered in asbestos.

Some are more prone than others to asbestos related disease. My respirologist told me after my diagnoses that I would have 9-10 years of decent health, that was about 23 years ago.

ost

I was in the asbestos program at the shipyard after being exposed removing insulation off an old boat in the 80s. Most of the old timers had already lungs full of it by the time the asbestos program came to light. Many too have passed now due to lung issues and others are carrying O2 around with them 24/7
i was exposed in the 1960's myself,the worked the river boats from1973 till 1989 then went to work for myself.old towboats are covered in pipe work wraped in asbestos .

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
they say it takes 40 years for abby to kill you
With all the other broken components of my body, I doubt if I’ll make it another 20 years to find out what that asbestos might’ve done… I was exposed to the asbestos back in 1969 so if I was going to get it, I would’ve known by now. I was diagnosed with another damn lung disease so I guess it doesn’t matter which one you have. They’re all gonna get you one way or the other.

oldmaninbc

With all the other broken components of my body, I doubt if I’ll make it another 20 years to find out what that asbestos might’ve done… I was exposed to the asbestos back in 1969 so if I was going to get it, I would’ve known by now. I was diagnosed with another damn lung disease so I guess it doesn’t matter which one you have. They’re all gonna get you one way or the other.
You got a point there Boo.

ost

no doubt!

Littleleaf

Veteran
Farmers get siliconosus (sp) from breathing dust when farming.

I'm guessing I've got the double whammy. Spent from 8 years old to 20 sucking down dust riding a tractor all day every summer. Then the past 30 years changing brakes and clutches. That's not counting the dozen blast furnaces we built for smelting silver. Also got to add 20,000 packs of cigs....fudge I'm screwed.......

ost

at my age, i may make another ten ,i hope!

Latest posts

Latest posts