What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

So don't be fooled. Endovascular is still meatball surgery and the body treats it as trauma. I had just been doped via IV before being discharged and once that wore off woooooohooooooo this HURTS!

Not wanting to take more oxycodone as I'd like to crap again in the not too distant future, I'm relying on 2 aspirin and 2 Hash caps every 3 hours.

Feels like I've been shot through and through damn near on my left nipple. A bit inboard and up. The back location hurts far worse. Haven't slept more than a catnap as the pain level is simply too high.

Just back from a bit of a walkabout.
I've been on opioids for ages and have had to learn to deal with constipation. At first it was difficult, I got compacted and had to go to emergency and the doctor literally used his fingers to remove the build up. That was not a pleasant experience. I can't tolerate chronic pain and need morphine to help keep me functioning.

I take fiber twice a day and take 2 stool softeners and 2 laxatives everyday, that has kept things moving. Except for when I had surgery lately and was given more than the usual narcotics, it took a few days to get back on track.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So don't be fooled. Endovascular is still meatball surgery and the body treats it as trauma. I had just been doped via IV before being discharged and once that wore off woooooohooooooo this HURTS!

Not wanting to take more oxycodone as I'd like to crap again in the not too distant future, I'm relying on 2 aspirin and 2 Hash caps every 3 hours.

Feels like I've been shot through and through damn near on my left nipple. A bit inboard and up. The back location hurts far worse. Haven't slept more than a catnap as the pain level is simply too high.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there brother!
Mr sub didn't want to do it either and they gave him that test where they send you a box, you s#it in it and send it back USPS
‘no prep and you still a check for anything serious.
Sad because by the time there is covert blood in the stools it may already be malignant and have spread to other body sites. Maybe time to charm some sense into that handsome devil???

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Mr sub didn't want to do it either and they gave him that test where they send you a box, you s#it in it and send it back USPS
‘no prep and you still a check for anything serious.
The name of that test is Cologuard and I did it couple years ago, but it doesn’t show what the polyps contain if there are any… i’ve had my bowels resected three times because of diverticulitis and diverticulosis. Unfortunately, I was treated to the work of a Butcher when I was in the hospital and life was never the same…

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been on opioids for ages and have had to learn to deal with constipation. At first it was difficult, I got compacted and had to go to emergency and the doctor literally used his fingers to remove the build up. That was not a pleasant experience. I can't tolerate chronic pain and need morphine to help keep me functioning.

I take fiber twice a day and take 2 stool softeners and 2 laxatives everyday, that has kept things moving. Except for when I had surgery lately and was given more than the usual narcotics, it took a few days to get back on track.
Commiseration brother. My butt was sore for a month after my last knee surgery!

oldmaninbc

I used to take a colonoscopy every decade but the last two times they found and removed benign polyps that had not yet become malignant and put me on every five-year schedule.

A fair number of colon/rectal cancer in the family, and it looks like it was a good thing I got to the polyps before they were a serious problem.
It sounds like you have good reason for a colonoscopy.

I only get a stool analysis these days.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran

I'm in a similar situation B&W - they reopened my pacemaker chest wound to pull out the loose wire today - and feed in a new one - then secured that wire in the correct place in my heart ❤️ today - and I refused to take any more painkillers - due to not wanting to get cronic constipation again - so my chest is a bit sore - maybe a 6/10 on the pain scale - but will decrease - if I can get some sleep 😴 💤

oldmaninbc

The name of that test is Cologuard and I did it couple years ago, but it doesn’t show what the polyps contain if there are any… i’ve had my bowels resected three times because of diverticulitis and diverticulosis. Unfortunately, I was treated to the work of a Butcher when I was in the hospital and life was never the same…
I remember going into the pharmacy, concerning diverticulosis. The drug lord told me don't call it diverticulosis that's a noun you need a verb diverticulitis.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Ya - I love all animals ❤️ especially dogs 🐕 and cats 🐈 - and find enormous joy and relief in their company 😊 - they seem to understand me - and me them too - and are not generally as complicated and concieted as humans can be - so we always seem to get along well - most of the time - I actually prefer the company of animals over humans - and am quite happy to walk miles - just to go see them -
My pets are my children.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I used to take a colonoscopy every decade but the last two times they found and removed benign polyps that had not yet become malignant and put me on every five-year schedule.

A fair number of colon/rectal cancer in the family, and it looks like it was a good thing I got to the polyps before they were a serious problem.
My last colonoscopy will be next year🤩 I will be 75 and unless they find something I am done.

Still a little doped up from my back procedure...if you smoke a little hash you get doped up all over.....

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My last colonoscopy will be next year🤩 I will be 75 and unless they find something I am done.

Still a little doped up from my back procedure...if you smoke a little hash you get doped up all over.....
After my last one at age 80, they scheduled a review in five years to see if I could safety survive a colonoscopy and how much my life would be cut short if I did develop colon cancer.

OleReynard

Damn if we don’t get into some bizarre conversations on this thread. I wonder what the other 99% of the members think of us, not that I care. We’re talking about dogs making a mess. Ivan was very thirsty the other day, so I just let him have the hose as long as he wanted it and dinner time I’m sitting here watching the news and he just walks into the living room and blurts out about a quart of water and a few chunks, shop vac works very well cleaning that crap up…
That's why the other 99% ain't here

jokerman

Premium user
1715296461216.png

Let me start some shit

Latest posts

Latest posts