What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Official Hempy Bucket Thread

Megas

The 2-3 day between waterings gives the pH a chance to swing down low enough for optimal growth. Getting rid of that swing would require more watering and much closer attention to pH and.... most likely wouldn't give as good of results.

What your saying is that the PH is too high when you water your plants so it needs a cpl days. Why not use a lower PH From the get go if thats an issue?

Too high of a hole and the pH swing takes too long... deficiencies will want to show up since the plant can't absorb the nutes that are there. :

How would the absorption of the nutes be lacking They have 24 hours? This logic would then mean normal hydro systems that are constantly running water/nutes 24/7 would not work? Clearly bubble buckets/ DWC and such work.

My ears are open here to ideas, this is fascinating. Really sad I don't have the means to test these vs. each other right now.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I tried a bubbler a few months ago to go head to head vs a hempy bucket and I had a real tough time getting the bubbler feeding adequately enough to really compare the two. Were goimg to get another one going soon to offer up some head to head results. I really like the ease of hempy buckets way more than the hassle of dwc's.

Wacky Tobacky

What your saying is that the PH is too high when you water your plants so it needs a cpl days. Why not use a lower PH From the get go if thats an issue?

How would the absorption of the nutes be lacking They have 24 hours? This logic would then mean normal hydro systems that are constantly running water/nutes 24/7 would not work? Clearly bubble buckets/ DWC and such work.

My ears are open here to ideas, this is fascinating. Really sad I don't have the means to test these vs. each other right now.

What hes saying is you want the PH to swing to get the best results. different nutes are absorbed at different PHs. best is 5.7 - 6.2. i water at 5.7 and the beginning of my run off is usually about 6.2ish and i water them about every 3 - 4 days.

Hey gdad. All is well over here. I hope yours are doing well too!

Nice dub and glad your plants are doing well mate.

I'm not currently growing as such but my mate is and yep, his plants are blowing up bigtime. He's a real good pal and he's given me permission to do a grow diary with his pics. He says that he's got a new camera too, which should be much better than his old cam lol.

He's big on defoliation too. I'll have pics up in there soon.

Peace all ;)

:tiphat:

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
@gd-Cant wait to see what "your friend" is doing.....I bet it'll be nice.

I'm really wanting my mama Satori to get busy, because I want some cuts of her to go outside this season....how difficult would the hardening off phase be from indoor hempy buckets (vegged a few months) to outdoor soil for the summer/fall finish?
I've transplanted plenty of veggies from hempy's to soil, but they were not grown but 4-6 weeks inside...will this work out for a plant that's been grown 8-16 weeks inside?

@gd-Cant wait to see what "your friend" is doing.....I bet it'll be nice.

I'm really wanting my mama Satori to get busy, because I want some cuts of her to go outside this season....how difficult would the hardening off phase be from indoor hempy buckets (vegged a few months) to outdoor soil for the summer/fall finish?
I've transplanted plenty of veggies from hempy's to soil, but they were not grown but 4-6 weeks inside...will this work out for a plant that's been grown 8-16 weeks inside?

Funny you should mention that. My mate's going to do his 1st outdoor guerilla grow this summer too and he's got some cloning selection at the moment.

His plan is this. He's going to grow them up in some of them tiny hempy cups indoors until they get a nice and decent root base (I think you might have seen the roots of his tiny hempy cups before he xplanted them into the bigger hempy buckets). Whilst they're rooting he's going to "prep" the ground with some organic stuff. This will be his 1st outdoor grow so he's got a lotta research to do lol.

However, there is an outdoor section which I'm gonna read when I got some time...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=22702

It's called "outdoor grow for beginners" or summat like that and it's a sticky too. Looks like we all got some research to do regarding the outdoor grows man.

My guess is this. As long as your strain is resistant to mould and you prep the ground properly, you'll get massive yields by the end of the summer.

Peace m'man :)

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
We've run a few outdoors before but they were started out there and watched closely throughout. I've never moved from in to out before. I got the soil mix this afternoon and will be making my holes this week. I'm just kind of wondering about the time they ought to be inside....I'll check out that site grassot's daddy put up (thanks btw).

@dubwise: No worries man and good luck. We're gonna plant ours in May or June I think, just make sure that they got a decent rootball.

We want our plants to be about a foot tall before plonking em in soil outdoors. I might top one or two of them before planting them a week beforehand.

Let's hope we get a good summer :)

Got my new Hempy bucket grow diary going on by the way...
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=229298

Positive contributions welcome lol :p

Question. I've taken the liberty to write Hempy's instructions in a PDF format and I wanna lob it in my signature so that anyone can download it if they wish.

Do any of you clever computer people know how to attach a PDF in a post or sig?

Here's some eye candy for my fellow Hempy weed growers with my mate's new cam :) ...
picture.php

Currently flowering under a 400w hps bulb atm and they're about 4.5 weeks in 12/12. Getting frosty now. Getting bigger too. During weeks 4 and 7 of 12/12, he feeds them a massive PK booster. He says this normally helps blow em up!

Grow safe people!

Hi,
I just decide my mini hempys were rooted enough to start flowering. So, I switched from half-strength Lucas to full strength in preparation for the flip.
Immediately my new growth went from dark green to very light green.
I checked my math and the formula strength is correct. PH is 5.8-5.9 at full strength, I never bothered to check it at half strength. I'm using 80% perlite 20% coco.
Any hints?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
yeah, up the nitrogen. use 20% more micro than usual. for instance in 8:16, use 10:16 micro:bloom

no offense but how do you guys get by without being able to read your plants?

99% of the time a sentence starts with no offense, it's usually taken offensively.

yeah, up the nitrogen. use 20% more micro than usual. for instance in 8:16, use 10:16 micro:bloom

no offense but how do you guys get by without being able to read your plants?

99% of the time a sentence starts with no offense, it's usually taken offensively.

So- I've doubled the dose of nutrient that was keeping my growth dark green and my growth has turned much lighter.
Now to you, it's obvious that having doubled the amount of nitrogen I'm giving my plants that I cannot read my plants and I should give them more N.
Despite the abrasive nature of your reply (group me in with the rest of the 99% of people you've spoken to) I'll try what you suggest. Sounds counter-intuitive though.
Thanks for the friendly help.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
We should all learn how to better read our plants. Hey spanish...if you have 2 plants in this case, why not give one a little something different than the other and see which helps growth the best. Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts