What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A5hbx x Mac=A5h x (white og x A5h) x Alien Cookies f2 x (Colombian Gold x Star Fighter).

There are 2 from seed. Both have NL#5 pine terps. I like this pheno best. I have a male from this cross dropping pollen soon.

picture.php

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is NL#5 genetics unknown?. I found this description ..

This was only available as Cutting and used as Mother from Neville's

"The Seed Bank". Named "CI #5 F1" originally. Some people say its a Thai x Indica, than backcrossed to Indica..

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Is NL#5 genetics unknown?. I found this description ..

This was only available as Cutting and used as Mother from Neville's

"The Seed Bank". Named "CI #5 F1" originally. Some people say its a Thai x Indica, than backcrossed to Indica..

NL5 = hawaian x afghan

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NL5 = hawaian x afghan

Where can I read about that. Using google every place I look has this

Northern Light's #5 exact lineage and history are obscured in mystery but it is generally believed to be a mix of two landrace building block strains - Thai and Afghan formerly known as CI #5 F1..

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Where can I read about that. Using google every place I look has this

Northern Light's #5 exact lineage and history are obscured in mystery but it is generally believed to be a mix of two landrace building block strains - Thai and Afghan formerly known as CI #5 F1..

I remember reading somewhere (maybe an old post by Nevil at mns forum) that it was a hawaiian and not a thai to be used in nl # 5 ...
I should look for where I read it ....
No confidential information, it's all online .... :)

sbeanonnamellow

Yo, this is posted on another forum:

Originally Posted by NL Seattle Greg

Aloha,

The base plants for the entire Seattle Northern Lights strains 1 to 10 was a batch of seed sent from Afghanistan that ended up in Herbie's employers hands who just happened to be an old friend from High School so I was able to get four seeds. Then I started doing seed crops of the pure Indica and crossing it with other strains from Nepal, Mexico, and Columbia.

I had clones and seed and NL#5 was Hawaiian x Steve Murphy's Afghani Strain that is what I sent to Nevil. Steve Murphy owned The Indoor Sun Shoppe in Seattle. NL #5 was a F1 hybrid in 1982.

Northern lights # 1 was Nevils Afghani crossed with the Seattle Afghan strain form Steve Murphy.

I have been breeding since 1970 and he got NL from me. I sent seed to Ben and Kees at Sensi too for giving me the nutrient formula for Grodan and Seattle water.

The 11 strains were graded by height and flavor for indoor growing. The #1 was a short phenotype pure Indica from Afghanistan as was #2,3, & 4. #5 to #11 were the Hybrids with the narrow leaved strains we worked with.

The 11 packets of seed Nevil received were graded the #1 ,2, 3, were 100% indica, #5 the clone I traded Herbie Nelson for was 50% Afghani & 50% Hawaiian sativa. The others #6-#11 were crosses with Columbian, Thai, and Mexican Sativas. Nevil then sold out to Ben, became partners with Arjan, and then hooked up with the Mr. Nice Crew.

Nevil said he used a selection from seed, not the actual cutting. This isn't first hand information, just stuff I've gleaned from the online. Some of the important characters would be Nevil, Seattle Greg, and The Indian if I recall correctl. Can search for posts by them at MNS or other sites if you want to dig through. It's a trip and usually leaves me more confused than before I started. Your mileage may vary. Much love

Zomboy

Veteran
Yo, this is posted on another forum:

Nevil said he used a selection from seed, not the actual cutting. This isn't first hand information, just stuff I've gleaned from the online. Some of the important characters would be Nevil, Seattle Greg, and The Indian if I recall correctl. Can search for posts by them at MNS or other sites if you want to dig through. It's a trip and usually leaves me more confused than before I started. Your mileage may vary. Much love

Todd also had similar info on his IG. I believe he was in contact with NL Greg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's typical of all these clone only old cuts. The info is scattered much of it leaves you with more questions than you started with. Ill just go with Hawaiian x Afghan..

B

Benny106

;)Lots of se asians got grown out on the islands so thai maybe still accurate. What is hawaii landrace. ;)

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
That's typical of all these clone only old cuts. The info is scattered much of it leaves you with more questions than you started with. Ill just go with Hawaiian x Afghan..

USA NL5 cut = Afghan x Hawaiian

Nevil's NL#5 cut = USA NL#5 (Afghan x Hawaiian) x NL#1 ( Steve Murphy Afghan x Nevil's Mazar)

Raho

Veteran
A5hbx x Mac=A5h x (The white x A5h) x Alien Cookies f2 x (Colombian Gold x Star Fighter).

There are 2 from seed. Both have NL#5 pine terps. I like this pheno best. I have a male from this cross dropping pollen soon.

View Image

Hi Hammer,
Karma's A5 BX is made with his White OG v2.0, not "The White"

Hard to find things on his A5 gear since the ICmag search engine needs more than 3 characters to get results. Here is a post where he announced the outcross:

For the ones itrested, I am currently working on a Inbreed White OG, expected to be ready end april.

Also doing a bunch of Limited Chuck's for fun when the White OG Males do there work.

Got some of these female's to recieve a dust of White og Pollen.

HA-OG
Bear OG f1 Mtowncut.
Triangle Kush S1#A
SFV X Triangle Kush #B
Headbanger
Tangerine Haze X Alien Kush F3
Black Domina x Tahoe BX
Strawberry Banana
Kosher x Tangie
A5 Haze

Not a big deal to most, but it's important to me to keep pedigree details as accurate as possible.

Latest posts

Latest posts